hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Must have only been about 10 folk there

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've just gone past and there are about 15-20 people there, not much of a protest unless they increase in numbers drastically.
    Apathy? Much more dangerous than anger

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Can hear them chanting 'Sack the board' from my hoose.
    Last edited by givescotlandfreedom; 08-11-2011 at 06:04 PM.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    lots of false moustaches getting getting kicked up and down st.clair street i'm hearing

I believe people should have the right to protest at anything they want but in this case I have to completely disagree with those standing outside ER right now.

What an absolute embarassment to see people shouting 'sack the board' just a few paces away from the latest addition to our fantastic ground.

Are all the protesters under the age of 25? They must be because they wouldn't remember the dark days of the Mercer take-over and how far we've come since then.

Yes, for the most part, the on-the-field levels have fallen short over the last few years but to be standing there on national telly I think is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMG View Post
    I believe people should have the right to protest at anything they want but in this case I have to completely disagree with those standing outside ER right now.

What an absolute embarassment to see people shouting 'sack the board' just a few paces away from the latest addition to our fantastic ground.

Are all the protesters under the age of 25? They must be because they wouldn't remember the dark days of the Mercer take-over and how far we've come since then.

Yes, for the most part, the on-the-field levels have fallen short over the last few years but to be standing there on national telly I think is wrong.
    Totally.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    lots of false moustaches getting getting kicked up and down st.clair street i'm hearing

What was pitiful about the two gentlemen interviewed on Reporting Scotland was that they seem to think sacking the board will automatically bring new investors in. I'd have thought nonsense like this stunt would only put off any sane investor. I think they are misguided.

I can understand why people would want to protest, but know where you are coming from. On the news they said they interviewed 2 protestors and they looked a lot over 25, put it that way.

Left by mutual consent!

He cannot live on the coat-tails of the good forever, good for him he diverted a huge chunk of some transfer money we got to help stablise the club, but for me he is now doing damage to the club, for all the money that came in thanks to the scouts he has possibly just cost the club a fair bit of money.

Thanks indeed for some of the stuff done but now well passed sell by date and should leave asap.

“@BBCchrismclaug: At Easter Road for the #Hibs AGM. Could be lively. Regular updates on the way - 3G permitting.”

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post

What was pitiful about the two gentlemen interviewed on Reporting Scotland was that they seem to think sacking the board will automatically bring new investors in. I'd have thought nonsense like this stunt would only put off any sane investor. I think they are misguided.
    No sane investor would put any money into any Scottish club. Football in Scotland is littered with the carcasses of otherwise sane, successful business men who pump millions into their local club and get treated worse than Satan himself.

Folk think theres a long queue and forget the seventies are over.

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    I can understand why people would want to protest, but know where you are coming from. On the news they said they interviewed 2 protestors and they looked a lot over 25, put it that way.
    I only caught a little bit of the piece on SSN.

Let it be a lesson to a youngster like yourself that us adults can do stupid things as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    He cannot live on the coat-tails of the good forever, good for him he diverted a huge chunk of some transfer money we got to help stablise the club, but for me he is now doing damage to the club, for all the money that came in thanks to the scouts he has possibly just cost the club a fair bit of money.

Thanks indeed for some of the stuff done but now well passed sell by date and should leave asap.
    On another thread a poster asked we thought changing a manager would change anything at the club. I defended the fact that, hopefully, a new managerial team would bring the club together in a lot of different ways.

However, I would take the opposite view when it comes to changing the board. What makes people think anything would be different? Would it not be a huge gamble?

I'm glad you've acknowledged that RP has done some good at the club. What would you have liked him to do different during his tenure? What consequences would the club have faced if he'd have done those different things?

It's a little bit different when it comes to managing a football team because things are a little bit more black and white (or less grey!). Each decision will probably see an immediate improvement or deterioration. When it comes to matters of finance, I think things are a lot more long term.

I am not for one second saying that the board and RP have done everything right. I just don't think change for the sake of it is what we need right now. I also don't think that RP deserves the abuse he has been getting but that is my own opinion and I can see why people are lashing out.

Left by mutual consent!
    I only caught a little bit of the piece on SSN.

Let it be a lesson to a youngster like yourself that us adults can do stupid things as well.

On another thread a poster asked we thought changing a manager would change anything at the club. I defended the fact that, hopefully, a new managerial team would bring the club together in a lot of different ways.

However, I would take the opposite view when it comes to changing the board. What makes people think anything would be different? Would it not be a huge gamble?

I'm glad you've acknowledged that RP has done some good at the club. What would you have liked him to do different during his tenure? What consequences would the club have faced if he'd have done those different things?

It's a little bit different when it comes to managing a football team because things are a little bit more black and white (or less grey!). Each decision will probably see an immediate improvement or deterioration. When it comes to matters of finance, I think things are a lot more long term.

I am not for one second saying that the board and RP have done everything right. I just don't think change for the sake of it is what we need right now. I also don't think that RP deserves the abuse he has been getting but that is my own opinion and I can see why people are lashing out.
    It is not for sake of it though we simply should be doing a lot better to even slightly justify all the expense on the infrastucture, Rod Petrie IMO is found wanting on football matters, we are at the stage or should have been on football issues other than building/investing and imo failure.

Jamie Marwick Finance Director: "disappointed" by near £1m bottom line loss. Highlights poor results and recessionary pressures

Shareholders questioning money from TV-divvied up by league position-conveners Hibs dipping out with high number of televised home games-gate money...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Jamie Marwick Finance Director: "disappointed" by near £1m bottom line loss. Highlights poor results and recessionary pressures
    but more the poor results and not just this season but over several.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    It is not for sake of it though we simply should be doing a lot better to even slightly justify all the expense on the infrastucture, Rod Petrie IMO is found wanting on football matters, we are at the stage or should have been on football issues other than building/investing and imo failure.
    For a club of Hibs' size, building/investing and investing in the football side is a balancing act. Every penny is a prisoner for us.

I do think that RP has done a very good job in the main but has taken his eye of the footballing side of the business. I do not believe he should go because of it though. I think it would be a waste.

Instead of 'sacking the board' would it not be an idea to bring someone onto the board who is a 'football man'?

Anyway, I'm going to leave this thread to updates from the AGM.

Petrie confirms he has received no salary this year

Maybe he gets it in a lump sum?

“@BBCchrismclaug: Rod Petrie: sorry appointment of Colin Calderwood wasnt a success * #HibsAGM”

Rod Petrie says fans have made Easter Road an intimidating venue but not in the way they wanted

There are over 40 applicants for the vacant managers job as of 5pm tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Apathy? Much more dangerous than anger
    "Apathy is the glove into which evil slips its hand."

For those protesting - you only need to look as far as Gorgie to see you should be careful what you wish for.

RP: over 40 application for the job. Manager's budget in his and his alone - no board interference.

This is paraphrase from journos there.

Chris McLaughlin on Twitter
    RP: there is never interference from the board. The manager's budget is his and his alone

Rod is telling porkies IMO
    Last edited by Westie1875; 08-11-2011 at 06:34 PM.

First Team Breakthrough Hibtastic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Petrie confirms he has received no salary this year
    ...taking a leaf out of Romanovs book!!

RP clearly against Hearts stadium idea, particularly when money spent on players

There is never interference from the board. The manager's budget is his and his alone

RP: Edinburgh city council crazy to look at building stadium for Hearts when they chose to spend on players rather than stadium

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    RP: Edinburgh city council crazy to look at building stadium for #Hearts when they chose to spend on players rather than stadium #HibsAGM

Board knows lack of excitement affects crowds. Running costs bigger due to EM & bigger stadium.

RP: the SPL now looking at ways of making league of 12 better. No desire for league of 10 or 14

RP: club is ready for challenges ahead under my chairmanship

RP stating CEC never helped our club with the stadium