hibs.net Messageboard

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

And I'll be paying at Perf, Eberdeen and Tannadeechee
    Woah. That's gotta hurt and I do sympathise, Garry.

Still, it doesn't justify your all new martyr/protester status, which after all, was my point.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Woah. That's gotta hurt and I do sympathise, Garry.

Still, it doesn't justify your all new martyr/protester status, which after all, was my point.
    It won't hurt honest Thanks for your ongoing concern though. It is touching.

Like you, MON and a winning team will probably mean I too relent. We're mugs! Hibs have us by the heart - and that's more dangerous than by the wallet

It won't hurt honest Thanks for your ongoing concern though. It is touching.

Like you, MON and a winning team will probably mean I too relent. We're mugs! Hibs have us by the heart - and that's more dangerous than by the wallet
    Glad to see you admit that you're touched.

However, I'm baffled as to what you would be relenting if MON gets the job.

Will you not go to the away games you have planned?
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 09-11-2011 at 10:27 PM.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I dont have a scooby just who would be better at doing the job than Petrie would, and it appears STF wont be getting rid of him any time soon.

As for putting effort into supporting our club, i do most weeks. It still wont stop me discussing or airing my opinion of things i regard as wrong at Hibs on a Hibs message board.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

However, I'm baffled as to what you would be relenting if MON gets the job.

Will you not go to the away games you have planned?
    Of course I'll be there .. unless JJ gets the gig!

I meant relenting in getting back to ER

Of course I'll be there .. unless JJ gets the gig!

I meant relenting in getting back to ER
    Jeez. You'll come back to Easter Road? After all these years?

Really? Like more than once a season?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Has anybody logged in to the website of the protest group yet?

http://www.hibsforchangeeasterroad.co.uk/

There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Jeez. You'll come back to Easter Road? After all these years?

Really? Like more than once a season?
    Aye its been what .. A few months

Will I meet you in Dundee or Eberdeen for a drink?

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    Aye its been what .. A few months
    C'mon TQM, who are you trying to kid? Your make it to ER once or twice a season if your lucky
    Happy as Larry!

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirkster23 View Post
    C'mon TQM, who are you trying to kid? Your make it to ER once or twice a season if your lucky
    Gets a nose bleed driving over the Forth Road Bridge.

This season being the exception. I cannot think of a season when it's been less than three.. Was always more when I lived in Fife - pre third child in 2000 and before. However, I do love the irony that I get pelters for limited games at ER when for example we get a piss poor support at Tannadice .. which is the equivalent journey (probably less - given I am 20 mins further away/East of Tannadump) and a max. of twice a season Some real hypocrisy therein

Quote Originally Posted by Pitlochry hibee View Post
    Has anybody logged in to the website of the protest group yet?

http://www.hibsforchangeeasterroad.co.uk/

It's had less hits than Michelle McManus.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    It's had less hits than Michelle McManus.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    There are positives and negatives to take from last night to be honest.

The positives are that there are 40 people interested in the Hibs job This dispels this commonly used phrase amongst certain fans and pundits alike 'who would want the Hibs job'. I am certain that amongst the 40 there will be some very good candidates (unless of course 39 applications have gone in from Yogi, the other being from McGhee ).

STF clearly has solid affection and indeed faith in RP. The positive I take from that is that they are not split.....the reason I say that was due to STF's message to fans that he was not against further investment. I thought that comment would have been picked up on more.....it's the first I have heard him say directly that it would never be ruled out. Is he thinking of putting more money in ?

SL seems to have come across well and has a vision of who he wishes to appoint (character wise) and where the club is going. I actually like Scott, I think he speaks well, is articulate and he does listen to fans. I am not a great fan of Fyfe sadly. I have just never taken to him (really cannot explain why.....strange).

Whilst we made a loss, we are still solid financially, there are income streams being generated, and through contracts we are getting little drip feeds of money from player sales beyond the sales. That could be crucial when the likes of Stokes goes down south, or say Leicester or Boro get promoted.

The other positive was that there was no hysteria. I had a vision that there would be frothing at the mouth and that it would descend into a big 'bun fight' and get personal. Things were calm, composed and constructive. That is the atmosphere we need right now. So well done those who attended who remained cool and were frank with their views (but constructive).

The negatives - I am not satisfied that as a club they appreciate that players off field antics are both damaging and divisive (both for the team and the fans). Yes GOC needed support, but come on, he is an adult with riches beyond most of us. Whilst it is admirable that RP was emotional and supportive, I wanted to hear RP, SL and STF (especially) say that the behaviour has been unacceptable and acknowledge that it affects the way we look at the players and the club.

Calderwood - they were as ever coy and rightly protective (of their positions), but I think more could have been said with regards his time at the club. The summer nonsense for me was brushed over. The commitment issue was so damaging I don't think they realise. Fans are intelligent, and answers were needed then. His attendance at training and the club was glossed over. The photos in hotels with McLaren. I really think that needed to be raised as an issue that fans were deeply deeply upset about (and rightly so).

RP's position - they claimed we have a chairman who cares more than we realise. Well that for me is a must for that position anyway - we as fans care the same, some more. I think that was an unneccesary 'tug of the heart strings' comment that again glossed over the cracks. The fans and Rod are divided. This was a night for Rod to step up to the plate and answer all the questions we as fans have had once and for all. Not to be dramatic, but so it could be on record. If RP is now not taking a salary, then sorry - he has his shareholding, please step aside, watch from afar as an investor, and hand the reigns over to someone else. Someone who we as fans can relate to and unite behind. As long as he is there, people will turn their backs now (sadly).

The last negative was that they seemed to justify the cost of going to games. It is still way too expensive and it truly does need looked at. Fyfe stating that it is a myth that lower prices mean greater attendances.........well if you make statements like that Fyfe, you really must come up with some empirical evidence to show it is factually correct ?? There was none. Prove it and I will shut my mouth - don't prove it, well at least try a novel way to reduce entry prices.

Anyway, my mind is always made up regardless of AGM's, managerial vacancies, defeats or wins. I love this club of ours and I will always (finances permitting) go along and support them. I do think as fans we could be more positive and supportive (not just in numbers, I mean at games). Our mindset needs refreshed as well, that's just my opinion. The younger lads especially need our positivity. We have cracking ones waiting to come through.

And in a strange wee way, it's at times like this where there is gloom and apathy that I become more in love with Hibs. It's like having kids.........they can be a right pain in the behind at times, but one wee smile, quote and laugh and you remember why you love 'em. We really are a great wee club you know
    Top Post sir.

So i suppose you could say the AGM was a bit of a pick and mix.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Top Post sir.

B'twix and between SH.....covered all topics and hopefully the new guy will give us a boost too

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Top Post sir.

Mare like Revels - some you like, some you don't.

This season being the exception. I cannot think of a season when it's been less than three.. Was always more when I lived in Fife - pre third child in 2000 and before. However, I do love the irony that I get pelters for limited games at ER when for example we get a piss poor support at Tannadice .. which is the equivalent journey (probably less - given I am 20 mins further away/East of Tannadump) and a max. of twice a season Some real hypocrisy therein
    Seriously, three games a year?

Your missing the point, there's plenty of guys that won't travel to away games as they've already forked out for a season ticket at ER. These are guys that have paid hundreds to Hibs before you start on your 20 minute drive to Dundee for a game. You come on hear and continually moan about how Hibs are run, but contribute nothing to the Club. You had the chance to attend the AGM and put your points directly to RP, but as Bawheid said, you bottled it.
    Happy as Larry!

My lad lives in St Albans, and he makes more games than you.

Seriously, three games a year?

Your missing the point, there's plenty of guys that won't travel to away games as they've already forked out for a season ticket at ER. These are guys that have paid hundreds to Hibs before you start on your 20 minute drive to Dundee for a game. You come on hear and continually moan about how Hibs are run, but contribute nothing to the Club. You had the chance to attend the AGM and put your points directly to RP, but as Bawheid said, you bottled it.
    Keep up - 3 games at ER. And many more for many years before now. Even paying walk up when a ST would have been cheaper.

You must tell me the criteria for having an opinion though

I was only ever making the AGM via proxy, and if a business meeting could be doubled with it. As for bottling it - spare me. I plan to be there next year.

Wish someone would give me SL's email - I couldn't find it on the fishy site.
    Last edited by IWasThere2016; 10-11-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyhabit View Post
    My lad lives in St Albans, and he makes more games than you.
    Aye I have too much on my plate sadly - kids, work, directoirships, club committee work - to do more. Fair play to yer lad - that's some journey!
    Last edited by IWasThere2016; 10-11-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Keep up - 3 games at ER. And many more for many years before now. Even paying walk up when a ST would have been cheaper.

You must tell me the criteria for having an opinion though

I was only ever making the AGM via proxy, and if a business meeting could be doubled with it. As for bottling it - spare me. I plan to be there next year.

Wish someone would give me SL's email - I couldn't find it on the fishy site.
    Keep up? I was referring to your 3 games a year at ER

Everyones entitled to their opinion, just as others are allowed to question what they say.

You did bottle it! You've been telling anyone who would listen for ages all the things that RP's been doing wrong. You then get a chance to confront him at the AGM and crash

Your visits to ER are that infrequent that you post on the PM board asking what pubs are decent around ER and is there a pay gate in the west
    Happy as Larry!

Deary me - you're easily amused.

Clearly we've established I've a busier life and more responsibilites than you have. Maybe when you grow up you'll appreciate things differently.

The AGM has been explained - still you believe what you wish. Wrong as it is.

Re the pubs - I drive to ER, so it rare that I go to a pub. The actual question was about a pub where I could take my son. - so again you're avoid the facts. As for the pay gate, due to having a busy life I hadn't been organised and bought tickets. Simples.

Let's speak again when you're older and wiser

Deary me - you're easily amused.

Clearly we've established I've a busier life and more responsibilites than you have. Maybe when you grow up you'll appreciate things differently.

The AGM has been explained - still you believe what you wish. Wrong as it is.

Re the pubs - I drive to ER, so it rare that I go to a pub. The actual question was about a pub where I could take my son. - so again you're avoid the facts. As for the pay gate, due to having a busy life I hadn't been organised and bought tickets. Simples.

Let's speak again when you're older and wiser
    I don't want to jump on the 'pick on TQM' bandwagon (although you're big enough to deal with it) but if you're really the busiest man on the planet, how the hell do you find the time to post 27,000 times in 8 years?! I feel like I post too much on here but I'm a novice in comparison.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I don't want to jump on the 'pick on TQM' bandwagon (although you're big enough to deal with it) but if you're really the busiest man on the planet, how the hell do you find the time to post 27,000 times in 8 years?! I feel like I post too much on here but I'm a novice in comparison.
    It's not that time consuming to post "I hate Rod" 25,999 times to be honest...

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    'Busiest man on the planet' .. Busier than some on here who don't appreciate I cannot put myself or Hibs first

This is my escape/guilty pleasure - I've always got my BB, and never far from a PC/laptop Too many of the 27,000 posts are answering dafties - if I could stop that..

'Busiest man on the planet' .. Busier than some on here who don't appreciate I cannot put myself or Hibs first

This is my escape/guilty pleasure - I've always got my BB, and never far from a PC/laptop Too many of the 27,000 posts are answering dafties - if I could stop that..
    Deary me TQM, three different excuses in the one thread- It's a boycott because of Petrie/ You don't like the atmosphere at ER/ Your the busiest man on the planet.

Your right, I've nothing to occupy my time. Between working full time, kids sports/ social events, running a sports team/ training and going to Hibs games. Everyone's got busy lives these days, it's all down to how you decide to spend your spare time.

You keep picking fault in how the Clubs run while contributing absolutely nothing to it. You'll maybe manage to grow a pair before next year and actually face RP at the AGM with all your searching questions.

I'll bow out now, don't want to take up anymore of your precious time.
    Happy as Larry!

You keep picking fault in how the Clubs run while contributing absolutely nothing to it.
    Proven not to be the case .. still you keep believing it

You'll maybe manage to grow a pair before next year and actually face RP at the AGM with all your searching questions.
    Again -you chose to ignore what I've said on the matter

I'll bow out now, don't want to take up anymore of your precious time .
    Excellent - me too. Now please keep to your word

There's a much shorter version of this thread, with just the notes taken, in The Vault...........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...m-The-2011-AGM