hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    nochangetherethen.com
    That's what I thought. Business as usual.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    The woman appeared to be happy enough with the way the meeting went.
    If it's the woman I saw being interviewed then she'll be on here shortly

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    I think you could be right.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    I think you could be right.
    Don't know her personally but I think it was a quite happy Hibby D...?

Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    Our football away from Easter Road is far better than at home these days and the main reason for that IMHO is that our players are intimidated at home. They are scared to make a mistake because as soon as they do the fans are on their back.
    What's their excuse for being garbage away from home aswell?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Aye he's been living on air ..
    Go on, TQM - you must have hated seeing that statement!! You reckon Petrie's got nowt stashed away for a rainy year that he couldn't have comfortably gone without the salary? Seriously? The man lauded as the tightest man this side of Ebeneezer Scrooge?

You make me laugh, so you do!

Are you going to hammer Petrie for working for the club for nowt for the last year, and moan that he got to drive a car?? Brilliant!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    stop calling him shortly.......we can't all be over 5'2"

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by moff1875 View Post
    SL referring to Head of Performance in regards to player leave - anyone know who this is?
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    I thought SL was sporting performance!
    Head of Performance on the coaching staff is Jim Henry. Full Coaching team here.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Co...,10290,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dirkster23 View Post
    So all guess work on your part TQM
    You don't know otherwise

I'll wager my post is closer to the mark than RP taking no drawings.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Don't know her personally but I think it was a quite happy Hibby D...?
    I don't know her either but that was my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Head of Performance on the coaching staff is Jim Henry. Full Coaching team here.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Co...,10290,00.html

Did CC bring him in, and is "Head of Performance" a fancy title for a fitness coach?

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    As someone who was at the AGM this thread is a load of complete tom kite and doesn't accurately reflect much of what was said during the AGM.

Convenient that the fact RP was almost crying talking about GOC and his court case was left out by journalists.

Questions raised with Jamie Marwick, Finance Director...........

Q - There's nothing in the accounts to suggest that John Hughes received a pay off. Does that mean he's still on the payroll?
    A - No, to use an accounting term he was "disposed of" and that's with in the staff figures in the accounts.

Q - How will the board turn this year's operating loss of around £2m into a profit this year given that there seem to be no players of any value to sell?
    A - The club would dispute that there will be an operating loss of £2m in this tax year.

Q - As per P16 in the accounts, is the net debt £13m?
    A - No.

Q - Why hasn't the loan of £1.25m been paid back?
    A - It hadn't been paid back as at year end but that doesn't mean to say that it hasn't been paid back now. {There was nothing more to suggest that it had or hadn't been}

Q - The turnover figure of £7.1m isn't easy for shareholders to understand. Can it be split up next year so that we can see how it's made up?
    A - That can be looked into for next year.

Q - On Page 11, Directors Renumeration shows a bonus of £5000 but that obviously wasn't performance related!
    A - Directors salaries actually reduced and have fallen again to around £300k for this tax year. Rod Petrie is now taking no salary from the club.

Q - There is £24,000 rental paid to the holding company. What is that for?
    A - The ticket office and ???? {I missed that, can someone confirm and I'll amend}

Q - How is TV money allocated?
    A - Each club gets 4% at the start of the season and after that it's split up based on league placings.

Q - We're being harmed by awkward kick off times resulting in lower crowds.
    A - Hibs, and other clubs, have raised this as an issue.

Q - The highest paid director received £88k which is a £13k rise. Who received that rise?
    A - There was no direct answer to this question and there was a fair bit of dissent from the floor with people demanding a straight answer. At that point Rod took over from Jamie. Rod answered the question by saying that he had been the highest paid director and that his salary had then dropped to £75k and is now at nil. The total director's pay in this tax year will be around £300k. {I'm not sure that made sense but that's what we got}

Q - Staff had had no pay rise for 3 years. Why have the directors had a pay rise?
    A - No directors have had a pay rise.

Q - How will the recent Sky judgement affect Hibs and the SPL?
    A - Although the publican won the right to screen matches, in a separate ruling at the same time the Greek TV station were told that they couldn't broadcast to the rest of Europe without permission (which they wouldn't get).

More to follow............

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    Also convenient the journalists missed out the board stating categorically that half of what was said about Palsson was complete nonsense.

SL personally went to the nightclub and VP never pissed anywhere.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by dryan View Post
    Convenient that the fact RP was almost crying talking about GOC and his court case was left out by journalists.
    p_mcpartlinPatrick McPartlin.

Petrie chokes when referring to Garry O'Connor coming home. Says club are 'looking after him.' #hibsAGM

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    You don't know otherwise

So as i said, just guess work.

If you prove me wrong, i'll give you a tenner the next time your at ER
    Happy as Larry!

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    You don't know otherwise

What's clear from tonight TQM, is that Rod Petrie is going nowhere. The club's owner has given a passionate speech in which he asks everyone to get behind the club. You have two options:

1) Get yourself along to Easter Road and support Hibernian Football Club.

2) Continue to whine, moan and bitch on here; making stuff up when it suits your agenda; attending Hibs matches only when offered hospitality by one of the Tayside clubs.

You had your chance to attend tonight, look your nemesis in the eye and ask him the questions that could have made or broken your endless speculation and supposition on here. You bottled it.

Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    What's clear from tonight TQM, is that Rod Petrie is going nowhere. The club's owner has given a passionate speech in which he asks everyone to get behind the club. You have two options:

1) Get yourself along to Easter Road and support Hibernian Football Club.

2) Continue to whine, moan and bitch on here; making stuff up when it suits your agenda; attending Hibs matches only when offered hospitality by one of the Tayside clubs.

You had your chance to attend tonight, look your nemesis in the eye and ask him the questions that could have made or broken your endless speculation and supposition on here. You bottled it.
    Well said.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    Did CC bring him in, and is "Head of Performance" a fancy title for a fitness coach?
    I think he was here when CC arrived but can't be sure. He looks at all the stats on the players performance on things such as prozone etc. Decisions are then made about what to do with individual players.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirkster23 View Post
    So as i said, just guess work.

If you prove me wrong, i'll give you a tenner the next time your at ER
    It could be worth at least £12 by the time this bets settled

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Funny. I've noticed that too. norton has an obsession with taxis.
    Don't we have any buses? they are cheaper.

General Q&A Session............

Qa - Turnover is down and attendances are down. Jim Jefferies and Czaba Laszlo MUST NOT be appointed manager of Hibs or more fans will turn their back on the club (That got a good round of applause). We have a ridiculous scenario where the club turned down compensation money for CC in the summer and now he has been sacked. The players are unfit.
    Qb - Separate question to STF. Would he put up with the same performance from a Kwik Fit board?

Aa - There was interest in CC (it seemed to be Nottingham Forest) but they offered less in compensation than we paid to Newcastle to get CC. It was obvious that the manager's comments resulted in him losing a section of the support at that time. It was in the best interests of the club to back CC but we didn't get off to a good start in the season and it went downhill from there.
    Ab - STF spoke at the end and covered this question at that point.

Q - Fans are being taken for granted with awkward kick off times and ticket prices are too high.
    A - Rod - Friday night games are an experiment that the clubs are happy to try. Fife - The pricing structure is always under review. Dropping ticket prices simply results in dropping income, not the same or better income with higher attendances. A winning team will bring fans back.

Q - As a season ticket holder, if you miss 2 games in a season it's cheaper to be a walk up fan.
    A - A season ticket is always the best value when it comes to watching the team.

Q - The support is haemorrhaging and the board needs to recognise that it's not working. What would it take for the board to consider their own positions?
    A - This was firstly pushed towards being an "East Stand" question by David Forsyth. The answer given by Scott Lindsay covered the building of the stand and the opportunity to do it when they did. (This clearly wasn't the question asked so the question was asked again by the same person). The answer to that was that board salaries have been reviewed and the amount paid to the board has reduced. {Once again it was pretty heated at this point}

More to follow..............

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Questions raised with Jamie Marwick, Finance Director...........

Q - There's nothing in the accounts to suggest that John Hughes received a pay off. Does that mean he's still on the payroll?
    A - No, to use an accounting term he was "disposed of" and that's with in the staff figures in the accounts.

Q - How will the board turn this year's operating loss of around £2m into a profit this year given that there seem to be no players of any value to sell?
    A - The club would dispute that there will be an operating loss of £2m in this tax year.

Q - As per P16 in the accounts, is the net debt £13m?
    A - No.

Q - Why hasn't the loan of £1.25m been paid back?
    A - It hadn't been paid back as at year end but that doesn't mean to say that it hasn't been paid back now. {There was nothing more to suggest that it had or hadn't been}

Q - The turnover figure of £7.1m isn't easy for shareholders to understand. Can it be split up next year so that we can see how it's made up?
    A - That can be looked into for next year.

Q - On Page 11, Directors Renumeration shows a bonus of £5000 but that obviously wasn't performance related!
    A - Directors salaries actually reduced and have fallen again to around £300k for this tax year. Rod Petrie is now taking no salary from the club.

Q - There is £24,000 rental paid to the holding company. What is that for?
    A - The ticket office and ???? {I missed that, can someone confirm and I'll amend}Q - How is TV money allocated?
    A - Each club gets 4% at the start of the season and after that it's split up based on league placings.

Q - We're being harmed by awkward kick off times resulting in lower crowds.
    A - Hibs, and other clubs, have raised this as an issue.

Q - The highest paid director received £88k which is a £13k rise. Who received that rise?
    A - There was no direct answer to this question and there was a fair bit of dissent from the floor with people demanding a straight answer. At that point Rod took over from Jamie. Rod answered the question by saying that he had been the highest paid director and that his salary had then dropped to £75k and is now at nil. The total director's pay in this tax year will be around £300k. {I'm not sure that made sense but that's what we got}

Q - Staff had had no pay rise for 3 years. Why have the directors had a pay rise?
    A - No directors have had a pay rise.

Q - How will the recent Sky judgement affect Hibs and the SPL?
    A - Although the publican won the right to screen matches, in a separate ruling at the same time the Greek TV station were told that they couldn't broadcast to the rest of Europe without permission (which they wouldn't get).

More to follow............
    He referred to the building housing the Ticket office and the Finance Team

Cheers Mikey.

To me from reading through this thread the board are just taking the mick. Couple of interesting points regarding Petrie no longer taking a salary (getting a decent wad from the SFA?) and STF saying he would invest more if there was a benefit for Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by hibiedude View Post
    The fans that protest have every right to do so after all they protested after the Game on Saturday and come Sunday Calderwood was gone.

Petrie should walk but from what im hearing some muppets are are hanging on to his every word. I wish some fans would get a back bone
    So disrespectful to your fellow fans. Opinions differ! Learn to appreciate and accept it and maybe your opinion will be given the same courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeescott View Post
    I cant even keep reading this now cause I am so fed up hearing all the drivel tonight.

RPs comment (posted by someone on here tonight) that ER has become intimidating but not in the way they had intended, is bang on! I am not saying that RP is blameless here, but for me a group of our own supporters (a fair sized group going on tonight) are creating an atmosphere of crisis around the club that the media are jumping on and making worse!
    I agree. A few journos are visibly desperate for there to be something more controversial to our latest manager's departure than mere bad luck or dare I say it, "crap management". Jimmy Calderwood even alluded to something sinister going on. I'll assume if he really believes that then he won't have applied for the job.

One fan stood up tonight with a written list of allegations against RP - accusing him of undermining "every" manager he appoints. The example he chose to use backfired because it only served to highlight that RP doesn't always get what he wants. The bottom line is, despite all this supposed "undermining" and "interfering" no-one, not a player, or a manager, or a fan, can put up any proof of this behaviour RP is accused of.

Petrie's emotional response to questions regarding O'Connor was for me the highlight of the evening. It showed a side to Rod that I think few will have ever seen and it was either a carefully managed piece of theatre (if so, well played David Forsyth) or something real and from the heart.

Maybe I'm naive Having witnessed it myself I'm more inclined to believe the latter. This to me displayed an underlying understanding of the whole ethos and ethics of Hibernian Football Club - going back right to 1875 - that I didn't think existed.
    I'm a sucker for a sob story normally but Petrie's justification for continuing to support Garry O was genuine.

I wanted to ask way more than I did tonight and if afforded the opportunity I'm sure everyone there could have gone on all night asking questions of the board. I have taken away some concerns, serious concerns, but they can't be answered by anyone on here, so I'm going to take up Fife's open invitation and write to the club.

Overall was I happy with the way things went this evening? Not entirely, but the board gave assurances that their aims and desires were to deliver what every fan wanted, which is a successful team on the park. I'm prepared to continue to give them my support.

I hope they realise they are in a very privileged position.

The next question came in 3 parts and as it was answered separately I'll break it up........

Q - CC was an embarrassment to have as a manager. Why wasn't he sacked for his "sweeties" comment?
    A - There was no direct answer to that as it was stated that it been been covered earlier.

Q - Mowbray was the best recent manager and we don't want dull dross to watch.
    A - "Spot on", it's not just about style of football it's about what the manager says too. he must show leadership.

Q - Will the club seek outside investment?
    A - That was answered by STF at the end.

Q - It's about the product on the pitch, not prices. The board has been good but it has made poor choices with managers. That's Rod's fault and it has cost the club {at his estimate} £500k. Rod should be standing down as Chairman over that.
    A - Rod - The last 2 years have not been acceptable and the recruitment process will be reviewed. They will make use of their extensive contact to find the right man. It will be a board appointment. Bruce Langham - Would have said exactly what Rod said. He also went on to say that he's read frequently that we don't have a "football man" on the board. He referred to the English Premiership and pointed out that only Manchester United (with Bobby Charlton) have a football man on the board. Every other club operates in the same way that Hibs do.

Q - Question directed to Fife - Is he serious about being open to fans?
    A - Yes {There then followed allegations that he isn't and he's trying to control the fans by trying to stop some fans from speaking out. After a short bout of "aye you are", "no I'm not", David Forsyth stepped in as it wasn't going to be resolved}

More to follow..........

Thanks Mikey and Hibby D

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby D View Post
    So disrespectful to your fellow fans. Opinions differ! Learn to appreciate and accept it and maybe your opinion will be given the same courtesy.

I agree. A few journos are visibly desperate for there to be something more controversial to our latest manager's departure than mere bad luck or dare I say it, "crap management". Jimmy Calderwood even alluded to something sinister going on. I'll assume if he really believes that then he won't have applied for the job.

One fan stood up tonight with a written list of allegations against RP - accusing him of undermining "every" manager he appoints. The example he chose to use backfired because it only served to highlight that RP doesn't always get what he wants. The bottom line is, despite all this supposed "undermining" and "interfering" no-one, not a player, or a manager, or a fan, can put up any proof of this behaviour RP is accused of.

I'm a sucker for a sob story normally but Petrie's justification for continuing to support Garry O was genuine.

I wanted to ask way more than I did tonight and if afforded the opportunity I'm sure everyone there could have gone on all night asking questions of the board. I have taken away some concerns, serious concerns, but they can't be answered by anyone on here, so I'm going to take up Fife's open invitation and write to the club.

Overall was I happy with the way things went this evening? Not entirely, but the board gave assurances that their aims and desires were to deliver what every fan wanted, which is a successful team on the park. I'm prepared to continue to give them my support.

Well done you x

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    I think he was here when CC arrived but can't be sure. He looks at all the stats on the players performance on things such as prozone etc. Decisions are then made about what to do with individual players.
    I could tell them what tae do with most of our players without the need for prozone. In fact I could even do it during a lunch hour and save them on this jim hendry characters salary

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby D View Post

At a time like this we need to remain calm and level headed. Far too much second guessing by some folk at the moment.

Hope the board pick the right manager this time around. I got no reason to think that they won't.

P.S. How much is that signed framed photo of Rod that you were clutching in your interview going for on ebay? I might put in a wee cheeky bid.