hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: JJ

First Team Breakthrough

JJ

I think those opposing JJ need to get real, forget his former allegiances and realise that the current situation is totally different to when Mowbray came in.

I have read some on here mention they want an 'unknown' (and whilst I understand this sentiment to some extent) a la Mowbray. Mogga was blessed with a phenomenal crop of youngsters (anyone ever wander how we weren't more successful with so many coming through at one time?).

JJ knows how to get results in this league, and is proven at motivating a team.

I would not be overly enamoured, think he would face a barrage of abuse should he not turn it around quickly, but ultimately only care for seeing the green and white of Hibernian collecting 3 points every Saturday. If JJ is in the dug out and this is achieved I couldn't care less.

Thats assuming he becomes manager!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by jiggerman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think those opposing JJ need to get real, forget his former allegiances and realise that the current situation is totally different to when Mowbray came in.

I have read some on here mention they want an 'unknown' (and whilst I understand this sentiment to some extent) a la Mowbray. Mogga was blessed with a phenomenal crop of youngsters (anyone ever wander how we weren't more successful with so many coming through at one time?).

I would not be overly enamoured, think he would face a barrage of abuse should he not turn it around quickly, but ultimately only care for seeing the green and white of Hibernian collecting 3 points every Saturday. If JJ is in the dug out and this is achieved I couldn't care less.

op is drunk

JJ is a Jambo and despises everything about us. It just shows how little our board know about Football to even consider bringing him in. He's proven to be all Plan A no Plan B, soon as Kyle got injured the wheels fell off.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    JJ is a Jambo and despises everything about us. It just shows how little our board know about Football to even consider bringing him in. He's proven to be all Plan A no Plan B, soon as Kyle got injured the wheels fell off.
    Dear Christ

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Green and white View Post
    op is drunk
    I have had a celebratory beer!

That's my honest view - i'll leave the juvenile "he hates Hibs and we hate Hearts and he's played and managed Hearts" banter to the few who seem to be doing it well.

Honestly don't care about the past - we need some SPL know how, ship steadying and WINS.

Anyone who becomes manager of Hibernian FC will get my backing until I think they are taking the club backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Dear Christ

He is on record as saying he does not like Hibs and his fav moments are sticking it right up us.

What was JJ record like at his latest Hearts stint? Genuinely can not remember.

if it looks like YAm, and sounds like YAM, and smells like YAM, and even tastes of YAM, then it's probably YAM

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post

He is on record as saying he does not like Hibs and his fav moments are sticking it right up us.
    Player/manager says that they enjoy beating their arch rivals and they therefore despise everything about us?

If JJ gets the job..... I know his wee brother well good Wallyford man - mibbes he can get me a wee comp now and again

First Team Breakthrough
    [QUOTE=fatbloke;2974596]If JJ gets the job..... I know his wee brother well good Wallyford man - mibbes he can get me a wee comp now and againIf JJ gets the job you dont need to worry about getting comps, you can have my season ticket!

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Forget the fact that he is a fat Jambo prick. His record at Hearts was what got him his P45. All those folk saying he is a safe pair of hands need to look at his record in recent months.

Blog Entries
    The appointment of FJK would have been laughable a few moths ago. With BB at ER, I'm seriously nervous that he might be considered. If he doesn't get the job, I think BB will be sacked in a couple of weeks if his services are not needed. I doubt if the new man would want him hanging around.

Left by mutual consent!

Is that the same jj that got hunted from killie cos results were so poor and then from Jan to Aug this year could not buy a win for hearts? No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rossf18 View Post
    Finished Third with the leagues third largest wage bill. Team struggled hugely after big Kyle got crocked.

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    Is that the same jj that got hunted from killie cos results were so poor and then from Jan to Aug this year could not buy a win for hearts? No thanks
    That's him. Shows how far we've sunk.

No self-respecting Hibs supporter would even consider hiring the fat clot, I wouldnt let him in Leith.
    Some posters should be ashamed of themselves for considering him and must be incredibly stupid or naive.
    So that's a no from me. Mon the Spartans, Ainslie Park for me if the fat clot even gets an interview.

I used to work with JJ (outwith football) and he's a thoroughly decent bloke BUT he's a Jambo through and through. That's enough to rule him out...oh yeah, and his SPL record is as bad as ours!!

Said this on another thread but one of my main concerns would be that he would leave us the minute the Yams came calling for him to go back. If he had us winning games and making cup finals it's a sure bet they would.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    He is about the last man I want to see at Easter Road in charge of us. If, from all of the potential managers out there in the big wide world, Fat Jim Knew is the best our board can come up with, then they need taken outside and shot.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

P-61
    W-25

Win %-41%

That's a win percentage that we could only have dreamt about over the past two years and is up there with John Collins' percentage and we won a cup under him.

His career win percentage as a manager is 40% as well, which isn't bad when he's been in charge for almost 800 matches over 20 years.

First Team Regular
    A lot better than CC's, that's for sure. But a significant number of fans will just not accept it and for that reason I think it's best to leave him alone. He'd be facing an uphill battle from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    P-61
    W-25

Win %-41%

That's a win percentage that we could only have dreamt about over the past two years and is up there with John Collins' percentage and we won a cup under him.

His career win percentage as a manager is 40% as well, which isn't bad when he's been in charge for almost 800 matches over 20 years.
    41% whilst spending the third highest amount on players. What was his record at Killie? Both Clubs were glad to be shot of him IIRC.

[QUOTE=horseflesh;2974634]
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
    If JJ gets the job..... I know his wee brother well good Wallyford man - mibbes he can get me a wee comp now and againIf JJ gets the job you dont need to worry about getting comps, you can have my season ticket!
    It's a deal

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    i see the situation as being similar tbh

a failed manager. good youngsters that need guidance (spoony, horner,stephens,galbraith,crawford,booth,towell,le igh,). little cash around the club and no moral. Star players leaving soon when mogga came in doumbe and danny anderson - now gazza will be leaving and leigh is only on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    41% whilst spending the third highest amount on players. What was his record at Killie? Both Clubs were glad to be shot of him IIRC.
    His win percentage at Kilmarnock, over a period of eight years, was 35%.

That's not bad either when you consider that Kilmarnock were, and still are, potless.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    if it looks like YAm, and sounds like YAM, and smells like YAM, and even tastes of YAM, then it's probably YAM

Have to take your word it mate...incidently, what do Jambos taste like?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Said this on another thread but one of my main concerns would be that he would leave us the minute the Yams came calling for him to go back. If he had us winning games and making cup finals it's a sure bet they would.
    Even a die-hard supporter would not go back to a club that they had been effed over by twice, I think JJ may have a bit more pride than that