hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Now follow him Rod (merged)

Hope he doesnt think that sacking CC makes his role in this entire sorry last 2yrs any less, total disaster it has been and he should be nowhere near being involved in the next appointment. The whole board needs restructured, I am not interested in the board going out to get a manager and continue on, their manager has failed yet again, they have failed yet again time to go, now please.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Now follow him Rod

Completey agree - the idea that they've sat down and come up with FJK as the next manager shows how little they know. Shameful IMHO.

Rod should be nowhere near the selection process, is enough not enough ?.

Here is a reminder why our an eejit...

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/hibs_r...wood_1_1714544

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UEFAHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

yip its time to go RP Move on

Quote Originally Posted by UEFAHibby View Post

What I like about this statement is Rankin's statement.

"What I learnt at Hibs - how not to do it, says aspiring coach John Rankin"

The guy's a bawbag. The only player ever to get grumpy with my 9 year old son when asked for an autograph. In fact he was 7 at the time, outside the stadium at 2pm on a cold and miserable day. I walked up to him (as I did every other player that day) and said, " excuse me, would you sign the programme for my boy?" (standing next to me) He replied "eh, if I have too, I will" FFS!
    Last edited by SquashedFrogg; 06-11-2011 at 06:21 PM.

First Team Breakthrough s club 7-0's Avatar

Petrie

I am hoping the sacking of CC has not done as intended and taken your eye off the ball - PETRIE MUST GO. The management of the club at board level is what should be questioned and debated this week, not who should succeed CC. We need a change at the top before things get even worse.

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s club 7-0 View Post
    I am hoping the sacking of CC has not done as intended and taken your eye off the ball - PETRIE MUST GO. The management of the club at board level is what should be questioned and debated this week, not who should succeed CC. We need a change at the top before things get even worse.
    RP MUST GO

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    No we don't.

Blog Entries
    I think punting RP would be very hasty....lets not forget the things that have been done right in previous years.....(i won't restate the obvious)

HOWEVER given the re-structuring of the club into its 2 divisions then the major voice in appointing next man should be the head of football operations and not RP...otherwise why have that role and responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    No we don't.
    Yes we do, remember this is the man who was impressed by CC at an interview !!!.

Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    Yes we do, remember this is the man who was impressed by CC at an interview !!!.
    We're you there likes?

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Oh right, so who next for chairman then?

No we don't.
    Seriously? Why?

@hibs.net private member gorgie_harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Now follow him Rod

We're you there likes?
    Well somebody was there when he was interviewed , are you telling me it wasn't Petrie ?. If it wasn't him then he did a good job of supporting the choice in the summer and making a complete ere of himself.

Well somebody was there when he was interviewed , are you telling me it wasn't Petrie ?. If it wasn't him then he did a good job of supporting the choice in the summer and making a complete ere of himself.
    That should be erse !, chance of a good comeback greenlex

Petrie was on SSN saying how impressed he was with CC. So i'm with you, he needs to go.

We're you there likes?
    You not watch the interview when he was appointed Lex? Petire and i quote... "I'm very impressed with what Colin had to say and where he wants to take the club".

There needs to be a serious debate regarding the future of the Hibernian board before a new first team manager is even discussed. BB can't do a worse job in the short term so let us use this time to instigate some movement with a vote of no confidence in the current board of directors.

My point is no one other than the people there can possibly know how the interview went. He must have impressed to get the gig. He must have impressed enough to have been hired no? Maybe Petrie andthe board are all Jambos and trying to **** it up at every chance. Are you saying he didn't impress and they hired him anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    You not watch the interview when he was appointed Lex? Petire and i quote... "I'm very impressed with what Colin had to say and where he wants to take the club".
    Aye I saw it. So what?
    Do you think he didn't impress and Petrie thought I know I'll employ this joker and fire him in a year and that will endear me to those pesky fans. Who knows if I get the chance to knock back some cash for him in the summer all the better that will be brilliant.

Blog Entries
    My point is no one other than the people there can possibly know how the interview went. He must have impressed to get the gig. He must have impressed enough to have been hired no? Maybe Petrie andthe board are all Jambos and trying to **** it up at every chance. Are you saying he didn't impress and they hired him anyway?
    Same as some of the underperforming players who have been failing to live up to their billing and wages......

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Same as some of the underperforming players who have been failing to live up to their billing and wages......
    No argument here DTS.

The man has worked wonders at Hibs. reduced the debt considerably ,built the training complex and gave us a stadium to be proud of. People are slating him for the managers he has chosen but most of us on these forums wanted Mixu, Yogi etc. If he is culpable of anything it was not backing John Collins when the players went running to him behind JC back .He has given Calderwood every chance at Hibs and now has acted at the right time. We are maybe poor on the park at the moment but are the envy of most SPL clubs. With the yams and one half of the bigot brothers about to self destruct we must stick with Petrie and his business accumen and if he gets it right this time and unearths another Tony Mowbry we will be on the rise again

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    Oh right, so who next for chairman then?

Nortonhibby!!!

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    Nortonhibby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    The man has worked wonders at Hibs. reduced the debt considerably ,built the training complex and gave us a stadium to be proud of. People are slating him for the managers he has chosen but most of us on these forums wanted Mixu, Yogi etc. If he is culpable of anything it was not backing John Collins when the players went running to him behind JC back .He has given Calderwood every chance at Hibs and now has acted at the right time. We are maybe poor on the park at the moment but are the envy of most SPL clubs. With the yams and one half of the bigot brothers about to self destruct we must stick with Petrie and his business accumen and if he gets it right this time and unearths another Tony Mowbry we will be on the rise again
    Hibs have struggled to pull themselves away from the bottom of the SPL since Colin Calderwood took over exactly a year ago
    HIBS have posted a loss of £900,000 for the year ending July 2011 - the first time in seven years they have failed to break even.
    With the club's debt now standing at £5.9million and attendances dropping alarmingly - only 8513 turned up to watch them lose to Motherwell on Saturday - the Easter Road board faces a stormy AGM on November 8.
    Chairman Rod Petrie insisted displays have contributed to the disappointing results but refused to point the finger at manager Colin Calderwood who has won just 11 of his 45 matches since replacing John Hughes.
    But Petrie did have a veiled dig at Hughes, claiming two cup exits under his charge - one in Europe - had contributed to the poor figures.
    He said: "In the current difficult economic conditions every household faces pressure on its domestic budget and on discretionary expenditure. This, in turn, has an adverse effect on the club's finances.
    "Of course we are mindful of the obvious fact the lack of success on the field had a direct bearing on the level of turnover.
    "The sporting outcomes for the season were not what any of us would have wished.
    "The team exited two competitions before the change in management and suffered the disappointment of an exit from the third competition in early January before new manager Colin Calderwood was able to refresh the squad."
    Petrie revealed that a cost-cutting operation across all levels of the club was undertaken in a bid to minimise the damage. He added: "To address the imbalance between income and expenditure the board took action earlier this year - costs have had to be cut.
    "This has meant restructuring the club from board level down, including redundancies and not replacing posts that were vacated through natural wastage.
    "This is the third year in succession there has been no increase in staff salaries and I would like to record my thanks for the mature and responsible way in which all staff have responded.
    "Despite the figures recorded last year the club's financial position is secure.
    "Together we can move forward and we all have our part to play - as supporters, as players, as a coaching team, as staff and as board members."

???

@hibs.net private member
    He impressed when interviewed the same time as Yogi and WE approached him last year.

His record in the lower divisions of England was good with the failure to get Forest up from the Championship the only real blemish. Something Billy Davies failed to do also despite spending lots more money than Calderwood.
    Last edited by Kaiser1962; 06-11-2011 at 09:36 PM.