I'm hearing jungle drums. Anyone else?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Ah had curry last night as well !.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Another week, another rumour.
    If you had a £1 for every time your heard the current manager was away Mikey, you could retire. Or buy a round.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    I fully expect him to be away tomorrow with bb his replacement

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    If this is true, and i hope to god it is. It will be Petrie hopeing to make the AGM a little easier for him and the rest of the clampits on tuesday.

This clown should have been sacked months ago, and a proper leader, one who knew he'd made another cock up should have had the decency to do then.

Just another case of sticking his finger in the dam if true.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If this is true, and i hope to god it is. It will be Petrie hopeing to make the AGM a little easier for him and the rest of the clampits on tuesday.

This clown should have been sacked months ago, and a proper leader, one who knew he'd made another cock up should have had the decency to do then.

Just another case of sticking his finger in the dam if true.
    Biggest mistake ever made was the board being stubborn and refusing money for a man that clearly wasn't committed to the club, in the summer.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I'm hearing jungle drums. Anyone else?
    Got a text last night saying Petrie ignored CC after the game and some players were clearly heard in the hospitality suite saying "NOT another new manager" didn’t want to say encase like most things it was the said through frustration after the game.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Heard nowt but will be nore than surprised if CC is in charge fir our next fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by hibiedude View Post
    Got a text last night saying Petrie ignored CC after the game and some players were clearly heard in the hospitality suite saying "NOT another new manager" didn’t want to say encase like most things it was the said through frustration after the game.
    How many of the team, squad even, from yesterday played under Mixu? Most of them will only have played under 1 or 2 (Yogi and CC). If they can't see the need or want for a new manager then they can get tae as well.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    How many of the team, squad even, from yesterday played under Mixu? Most of them will only have played under 1 or 2 (Yogi and CC). If they can't see the need or want for a new manager then they can get tae as well.
    I personally think our problems go deeper than having a poor manager.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    That must have been Lewis Is that 5 now?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar

As much as I want CC to be shown the door, I have a horrible gut feeling that theres something more sinister at work.

Not trying to start any daft rumours, its just a gut feeling.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post

As much as I want CC to be shown the door, I have a horrible gut feeling that theres something more sinister at work.

Such as?

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Such as?
    Such as a "gut feeling".

I don't know whats wrong, or if something else even is wrong. I just have a feeling that there is.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar

I agree. If CC does go before Tuesday's AGM, it will be hard not to see it as the powers that be throwing the dog a bone to stop it barking.

GG

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post

Petrie picking the team himself , now that would be sinister !

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Such as?
    one scenario?

Petrie wouldn't let him quit in summer unless a certain amount of comp was paid as per contract after interest from other clubs. It put a strain on their relationship. CC wanted to go . Petrie wanted him to stay and finish what he started. CC hasn't tried an ounce since and is deliberately playing players out of position to get the sack and have his contract paid up so he can then join another club as No 2 without any comp being paid to hibs.

Why does he keep changing team when we see an improvement.

CC is the worst Hibs manager of my lifetime. Not only is he crap but I think he is playing dangerous games behind scenes
    Last edited by pacorosssco; 06-11-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    one scenario?

Petrie wouldn't let him quit in summer unless a certain amount of comp was paid as per contract after interest from other clubs. It put a stain on their relationship. CC wanted to go . Petrie wanted him to stay and finish what he started. CC hasn't tried an ounce since and is deliberately playing players out of position to get the sack and have his contract paid up so he can then join another club as No 2 without any comp being paid to hibs.

CC is the worst Hibs manager of my lifetime. Not only is he crap but I think he is playing dangerous games behind scenes
    Is he also bribing the players to perform poorly?

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    I wonder if his two sweetie bags are deep enough??

doubt it but maybe playing them out of position brings out the worst in them?

one scenario?

Petrie wouldn't let him quit in summer unless a certain amount of comp was paid as per contract after interest from other clubs. It put a stain on their relationship. CC wanted to go . Petrie wanted him to stay and finish what he started. CC hasn't tried an ounce since and is deliberately playing players out of position to get the sack and have his contract paid up so he can then join another club as No 2 without any comp being paid to hibs.

That gave me a good laugh! Outlandish theory.

one scenario?

It's a good conspiracy theory. Can you expand on it to explain why Collins, Mixu, and Yogi were all Tom Kite as well?

:cgwa

(Just for clarity - I think Calderwood is the worst manager we ever had apart from all the other useless ones as well, but I thought I ought to use this smiley in case it's not there any more tomorrow...)

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

I fully expect Calderwood to be gone by tea time tomorrow and Petrie to announce Hibs are looking for new manager taking the pressure of himself for Tuesdays AGM.

Calderwood will be made the scapegoat at the meeting with Petrie announcing the new manager will have money for the January transfer window.

Were have I heard that before

one scenario?

This would indicate a plan. You're giving him too much credit.

Gamer IDs

doubt it but maybe playing them out of position brings out the worst in them?
    That certainly won't help matters but playing in position or not they should still be getting the fundamentals right but they're failing even with the basics for some reason.

Gamer IDs

I fully expect Calderwood to be gone by tea time tomorrow and Petrie to announce Hibs are looking for new manager taking the pressure of himself for Tuesdays AGM.

Calderwood will be made the scapegoat at the meeting with Petrie announcing the new manager will have money for the January transfer window.

Were have I heard that before
    If Petrie thinks any managerial decisions are going to take any heat off him at this stage then I think he's sorely mistaken. Even an instant appointment of Strachan would have some calling for his resignation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nailrod View Post
    It's a good conspiracy theory. Can you expand on it to explain why Collins, Mixu, and Yogi were all Tom Kite as well?
    sorry I cant but give me time to have a sunday refreshment and ill have a try. stranger things have happened. If players can refuse to play for managers surely managers can do the same for chairman if they have no more interest in job or other offers?
    Last edited by Mikey; 06-11-2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Fixed quotes

That certainly won't help matters but playing in position or not they should still be getting the fundamentals right but they're failing even with the basics for some reason.
    because the manager isnt coaching them right maybe? is only a different way of looking at it. maybe well find out the truth maybe we wont. still waiting on jc gate to come out.

Gamer IDs

because the manager isnt coaching them right maybe? is only a different way of looking at it. maybe well find out the truth maybe we wont. still waiting on jc gate to come out.
    Nah, I don't buy that. Professional footballers should have a basic ability to do their job. You shouldn't need coached to pass a football. Not at this level. I'm not saying they don't need any coaching but some of the errors we see on a weekly basic are schoolboy stuff. Sorry to all the schoolboys out there. No offense.

[QUOTE=pacorosssco;2973225]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailrod View Post

sorry I cant but give me time to have a sunday refreshment and ill have a try. stranger things have happened. If players can refuse to play for managers surely managers can do the same for chairman if they have no more interest in job or other offers?
    Have a good few - you deserve them if you were at the game yesterday...

On a more serious note, I think football management is far too dodgy a business for any manager to try to 'engineer' his departure in the way you suggest. Calderwood would have a much better chance of moving on and up if he was doing brilliant and clubs were queueing up for him. After his pathetic showing with Hibs I can't believe either of the clubs who were interested in the summer are still so inclined. Their Chairman would have some hard explaining to do.

By the way, ref your "staying on to finish what he started" remark, unfortunately he appears to be in the process of doing just that.