hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Player ratings

Player ratings

Was not at the game but would love to know how we did with the fans that were at the game

2. Log in to remove the advert

stack 8
    wotherspoon 7
    ohanlon 7
    Stephens 8
    hanlon 6
    stevenson 7
    osbourne 10
    galbriath 9
    aggogo 7
    griffths 9
    oconner 7

For me all were 8 or above,I'm guessing Hanlon was given lesser marks cause he was sooked into the middle a few times.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saltandsauce View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For me all were 8 or above,I'm guessing Hanlon was given lesser marks cause he was sooked into the middle a few times.
    That will be why albion is splashing the lynx all over tonight.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    From what I managed to see when my stream wasn't cutting out

Stack 6- Looked assured throughout apart from one spill from Stokes

Spoon 7- Looking a lot more like his old self, seems to have a lot more energy

O'Hanlon 7- Solid.

Stephens 7- Likewise, the defence performed a lot better with him in it anyway.

Hanlon 6- Fine defensively but don't think he is a full back, his crossing attempts weren't great.

Stevenson 6- Played well enough from what I seen of the game.

Galbraith 7- Looked really good today, has bags of energy and final ball was better today.

Osbourne 9/10- Unbelievable performance today, totally dominated the midfield, always managed to find a Hibs shirt, got stuck in as well, great performance

Agogo 6- was okay today, maybe could have done better with a chance in the second half and a few dodgy passes.

O'Connor 7- Maybe being a bit kind, Linked up well with Griffiths though and created a few chances.

Griffiths 8- Likewise, never stopped running, takes a good freekick/corner as well.

Subs-

Sproule 7- Few good balls in, caused trouble.
    Thornhill - Never really did anything.
    Palsson-Not enough time

CC 10- Exactly as the other thread was saying, he learnt from Wedensday, starting with Stephens, making sure we had a couple of players on Forrest and not starting with Victor.

Fans -For making the effort.

I think the main thing today was that we were brilliant as a team, we played really well as a unit

I missed about half of the game because of the stream btw
    Last edited by R'Albin; 29-10-2011 at 07:34 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    From what I saw from my restricted view seat at Parkhead

Stack - 7 a few saves
    Wothersoon - 7 disciplined defensive performance
    O'Hanlon - 7 won aerial dual
    Stephen -7 Strolled through the game and his height and pace helped us on a few occasions
    Hanlon -7 Kept Forrest quiet and made a few great runs in the 2nd half and wasn't picked up
    Osbourne - 8 Best display in a Hibs shirt and controlled the midfield. Reminded me of Rowcastle in his short Hibs career
    Stevenson - 7 kept it simple and protected the back 4
    Galbraith -7 Probably his best game in a Hibs shirt and a rare 90 min outing that will have done his confidence no harm
    Agogo - 7 Typical agogo performance on work rate but needs to add goals to his locker
    O'Conner -6 looks to be a bit jaded but put a shift in. A few
    bad 1st touches
    Griffiths, held the ball upwell but could have played a better final ball
    Subs
    Ivan - 6 did well and got behind them
    Palsson - 4 only on a few mins
    Thornhill -4 Similar to Palsson

Manager watch - 7 Got tactics spot and if Hibs had played a better final ball particularly in the 2nd, we would have taken all 3 points

Supporters -7 Decent turnout and got behind the team
    Ref -7 very few controversial incidents!

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Osbourne was class. When he first came I thought he looked awful, was painful to watch in the derby, but he's turning my opinion around.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    Osbourne was class. When he first came I thought he looked awful, was painful to watch in the derby, but he's turning my opinion around.
    That is exactly how I feel

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Good to see that Danny Galbraith played so well. He really needs to start for four or five games to prove whether he can be a real asset to the team.

We done well and looked solid at the back ( first time said that that for a while). On the down side Celtic are a **** team.

Coaching Staff
    So are we saying that Wotherspoon has had yet another good game at right back?

Aye, never a right back right enough.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    I missed about half of the game because of the stream btw
    Did you have one of those restricted view streams?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Did you have one of those restricted view streams?

Sounds like we did great.

Glad that both Wotherspoon and Galbraith did well. Both great players imo but Spoony had a shocking start to the season and Galbraith is a bit hot and cold. He seems to play well at Darkheid though.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    So are we saying that Wotherspoon has had yet another good game at right back?

Aye, never a right back right enough.
    He played Forrest onside for the second goal in the cup tie.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    my first opinions of osbourne was he would be a good player when he came on as a sub v killie in that gubbing we got i think was one of the first times i saw him. he was the only player who could beat a man with a simple step tot the side and play the ball forward, i would really like to see him play where agogo is as the third striker/atacking midfielder think he would be brilliant in there with his height and his passing range out wide and through the middle to the strikers

Testimonial Due
    Stack 7- A few decent saves, but dare I say i a very quiet afternoon for him.

Spoon 7- As always looks far better at right back than any other position. Coped well all afternoon

O'Hanlon 7- Good performance.

Stephens 8- Another very good game from him. Kept it basic and did not do anything stupid/risky.

Hanlon 7- Defensively did well, got forward to support whenever he could. Like Wotherspoon was done a couple of times but worked hard to get back in and defend.

Stevenson 7- Replacing Palsson with Lewis was the biggest change for me. He took his chance well, stayed behind the ball and worked hard, got forward when things opened up.

Galbraith 6- Passing going forward was poor at times and is crossing terrible, but he defended and tracked back as good if not better than any player on the pitch.

Osbourne 9- Fantastic, cant help but feel he would benefit from playing in the Agogo position behind the strikers, but if he keeps playing like that I dont care, as long as he is on the pitch!

Agogo 6- Held the ball up well, a pretty thankless role at times but as always looking to spread the play and get the midfield involved.

O'Connor 6- Could have done better with the chances he had, but worked very hard, and looked like he was left with nothing in the tank when he came off.

Griffiths 7- Again like O'Connor could have been a bit more composed in the final third. Was nice to see a striker running into the channels to get the ball, something we have been missing since Stokes left. Good delivery from set pieces and never stopped running for the team.

A great performance, with everyone working hard for the team from the first minute to the last. Well done to CC/BB some good tactics and changes put in place following the 2nd 45mins on Wednesday.

I only saw the first half but Galbraith looked our best player. Was behind everything going forward and a lot of things covering.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Id have Stevenson in the team ahead of Palsson every single day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Id have Stevenson in the team ahead of Palsson every single day of the week.
    Palsson is handy for set pieces, he's at his best when he is put in front of a wall...