hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Calderwood Gone?

Rumours going around that he has gone! I guess time will tell...

From Twitter:

p_mcpartlin Patrick McPartlin.

Hearing from several sources that #Hibs manager ColinCalderwood has resigned/been sacked. These rumours have done the rounds before though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

hopefully Petrie with him..........

Quote Originally Posted by archiecoby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

hopefully Petrie with him..........
    Based on the new structure, surely it will be SL who would be hiring the next guy.

In any case, Petrie has 10% of the shares, anyone expecting him to quit is probably dreaming. He'll go when he wants, presumably to a job at the SPL / SFA at some stage.

Left by mutual consent!
    I have had word from an independant source (my mates wife) whom has no affiliation with Hibs and works at Herald suggesting that something may be announced at Hibs with CC going by "mtual consent" of course they could have been lied too also.

Makes sense in terms off CC could hold out for full payout but he really is doing himself no favours with the awful job he is doing so both meet somewhere in middle.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 28-10-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    I have had word from an independant source (my mates wife) whom has no affiliation with Hibs and works at Herald suggesting that something may be announced at Hibs with CC going by "mtual consent" of course they could have been lied too also.

Makes sense in terms off CC could hold out for full payout but he really is doing himself no favours with the awful job he is doing so both meet somewhere in middle.
    If true I hope it is announced at the same time that Petrie is going and will have no involvement in choosing the next manager.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    If true I hope it is announced at the same time that Petrie is going and will have no involvement in choosing the next manager.
    No point in CC just going IMO, RP has to go asap along with all his other appointments.

Coaching Staff
    If so, thanks for your efforts, CC. I'm struggling to pick a highlight as im sure you would yourself admit. obviously the 3-0 v Rangers was very welcome. apart from that, good luck in future endeavours!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Hope it's true. The sooner the clown is out of the club the better
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Seriously doubt it, here's hoping though.

Left by mutual consent! Skanko79's Avatar
    Fingers well and trully crossed he has gone. Really cant see the tache walking though.......

Bye cc, dont look back, >:)

Strange if true. Quotes from his press conference yesterday are in this morning's Metro. Suppose that doesn't mean a great deal.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Would this not fall in line with Michael o'neills season finishing in Ireland this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Would this not fall in line with Michael o'neills season finishing in Ireland this weekend?
    Or with JJ currently withoot a job.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Based on the new structure, surely it will be SL who would be hiring the next guy.

In any case, Petrie has 10% of the shares, anyone expecting him to quit is probably dreaming. He'll go when he wants, presumably to a job at the SPL / SFA at some stage.
    Do you honestly think Petrie won't be involved in picking the next manager? Frankly I can't see what qualifies SL to do it either. Either way it better not be, ex Hibs player, Michael O'Neill.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    Do you honestly think Petrie won't be involved in picking the next manager? Frankly I can't see what qualifies SL to do it either. Either way it better not be, ex Hibs player, Michael O'Neill.
    Being an ex player shouldn't give him an advantage but it shouldn't count against him either and from my limited knowledge of Irish football he appears to have done an excellent job over there.Either way I hope we go for someone in that mould, a young manager on their way up rather than an old fart that's got experience of mediocre and likely to have failed elsewhere

First Team Breakthrough DoonTheSlope's Avatar
    Given CC`s record and little or no sign of improvement aligned with shocking attendances this would not come as a surprise. However the big question going forward, who next for the hot seat that seems to be a poisoned chalice. The Manager should be the most important appointment at our club.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Each time we are due to punt a manager a few rumors like this go around, it wont be much longer imo

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    As i stated on the the michael o'neil thread yesterday, WHEN calderwood goes BB will become the new manager. personaly didnt think it would happen till after the weekend but if its being leaked on twitter by journo's etc im thinking today is the day

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    As i stated on the the michael o'neil thread yesterday, WHEN calderwood goes BB will become the new manager. personaly didnt think it would happen till after the weekend but if its being leaked on twitter by journo's etc im thinking today is the day
    While I think BB does a good enough job as an assistant, it would a huge risk to give him the managers job when Calderwood is moved on. To me, it has all the hallmarks of Jocky Scott and that was hardly a raging success....

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    While I think BB does a good enough job as an assistant, it would a huge risk to give him the managers job when Calderwood is moved on. To me, it has all the hallmarks of Jocky Scott and that was hardly a raging success....
    It would be a gamble we can't really afford to take, if we don't get the next one right we'll be in some state.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Dont think it will happen just now. Think he will still be here at christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    It would be a gamble we can't really afford to take, if we don't get the next one right we'll be in some state.
    don't think it'd be a gamble at all, he'd get the job as caretaker then if he improves us then we'll give him a little longer until we're sure he's the right man long term, if he's failing well he's only a caretaker manager anyway so wouldn't cost anything to punt him and we'd have an idea if he's any good pretty quickly.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Oh please let this be true.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    If, after the last 3/4 incumbents, they were to give the job to a man who has never been a manager and seemingly has no ambition to be, I give up. Surely not even Rodders or Son of Rodders would be that dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    If, after the last 3/4 incumbents, they were to give the job to a man who has never been a manager and seemingly has no ambition to be, I give up. Surely not even Rodders or Son of Rodders would be that dumb?
    I would not suprise me in the least if he did give BB the job. I hope he doesn't i think BB is a fantastic No.2 and whoever comes in see's this and can also work alongside Billy. Petrie should be leaving along with CC though, he's draining the life out our club.

What if he's given the caretakers job and he wins the next 10 games on the trot so we offer him an extension till the end of the season?

Obviously thats an extreme situation and unlikely to happen but there's no exact science to appointing a manager, we've tried going for one with plenty spl experience, we've tried an experienced manager with knowledge of the game down south, we've tried appointing a young up and coming manager and we've tried a youngish manager with no experience but great ideas so if he wants the gig and he shows enough short term it might be worth giving him a little longer.

BB would be caretaker manager while interviews were done for a manager, this process could take as long as the board like with time to see how bb would do. killing two birds with one stone

we can't afford to write anybody off as we have found out experienced manager doesn't always = sucessful hibs team

bingo you must have posted at the same time as me but thats exactly what i was trying to say in my gobbledy gook kind of way
    Last edited by ozzie; 28-10-2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: bingo explained it better

Left by mutual consent!
    I think if true it would be out there now, looking like wrong information, unfortunatly.