hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sun front page (Craig Thomson)

Front page of the Scottish Sun today is claiming Craig Thomson is returning to Hearts. They don't muck about with the headline

2. Log in to remove the advert

Saw that, didn't really follow the story to be honest; I would have though that part of his sentence should have involved treatment to try and ensure he didn't re-offend so surprised he was allowed out of the country.

The guy was a serial offender which suggests he would do it again without the problem being addressed.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Even more reason for the council not to enter into discussions re ground sharing
    Not in my name!

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    This bit sums the guy up for me - "When we confronted him the snivelling coward blamed our coverage of his sickening crimes for "ruining" his life".

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...at-Hearts.html

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    That lot actually have no shame.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Between this and the wages issue fingers crossed Vlad has started the ball rolling in severing ties between him and hertz

Nice to see he has a wee teddy bear hanging from his car mirror to attract the bairns. Nae doubt a box of sweeties an all.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Between this and the wages issue fingers crossed Vlad has started the ball rolling in severing ties between him and hertz
    Or threatening to do it to try and put pressure on the Council to give them a new ground.

Now Hertz have made their bed by not sacking Thomson, there's not a lot they can do. He's going to have to come back. If they had any moral backbone they'd tell him not to bother to come to training, but let's be honest they're not exactly known for taking the moral high ground are they?

The other part of the whole situation is that Jefferies is now gone, so if PauLO SERgio gets told by Vlad to play him then he'll play him.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Got a lot of stick from the yams on this topic, saying how he'd never play for their club again, said they were clearly deluded and gullible fuds if that was right.What a disgusting football club. Hopefully he ends up with crunching tackle time and time again should he return to the pitch.

Strangely enough there is no mention of this over the road. There is a thread claiming the press have it in for them but that is about Helen Martin's article. Usual sexist nonsense remarks about that as well. They seem to think it's the Cooncil's duty to help them out.

No mention of Craigie though.............................not a peep.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Or threatening to do it to try and put pressure on the Council to give them a new ground.

Now Hertz have made their bed by not sacking Thomson, there's not a lot they can do. He's going to have to come back. If they had any moral backbone they'd tell him not to bother to come to training, but let's be honest they're not exactly known for taking the moral high ground are they?

The other part of the whole situation is that Jefferies is now gone, so if PauLO SERgio gets told by Vlad to play him then he'll play him.
    Will be interesting to hear the negotiations with companies that threatened to withdraw their sponsorship until he was sacked, Hearts have basically lied to them and him coming back might not be enough for them to cancel their sponsorship but i bet it'll be remembered when the sponsorship comes up for renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    Strangely enough there is no mention of this over the road. There is a thread claiming the press have it in for them but that is about Helen Martin's article. Usual sexist nonsense remarks about that as well. They seem to think it's the Cooncil's duty to help them out.

Do you need to be a member to read kickback again? Just had a peek as i know Helen Martin well so curious to see what they're saying but can't seem to get on to see the forums.

@hibs.net private member
    Do you need to be a member to read kickback again? Just had a peek as i know Helen Martin well so curious to see what they're saying but can't seem to get on to see the forums.
    If you know her well then I'd avoid reading it. Very unpleasant posts.

Aye, you do. I wouldn't rush to see it though, most of them just trying to out-do each other on the nasty and inane comments as usual, all because someone has the temerity to have a different viewpoint from them.

Utter pondlife.
    Last edited by Barney McGrew; 25-10-2011 at 08:24 AM.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    It is only a rumour by the looks of things.

I'm glad the Sun included words such as 'deviant', 'predator', 'sleazy', 'creepy-uppy', 'disgraced', 'coward' etc etc. I'd have never known what to think of him had they not spelt it out for me.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    I'm glad the Sun included words such as 'deviant', 'predator', 'sleazy', 'creepy-uppy', 'disgraced', 'coward' etc etc. I'd have never known what to think of him had they not spelt it out for me.
    Tbf all the article says in way of fact that his loan contact is about to end. The rest is essentially the typical sensationalist hype we have come to expect from the sun. Wouldn't be a real shock if a new loan contract is already in the pipeline. Wouldn't be a real shock if it wasn't though!Edit: those words do sum him perfectly though don't they

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I wouldna buy this arswipe of a paper. Read the link and there is no story. All ifs and ands. The CT story is done and dusted. The Sun are casting it up as a cynical ploy to get back on safe ground after the NOTW saga.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    I wouldna buy this arswipe of a paper. Read the link and there is no story. All ifs and ands. The CT story is done and dusted. The Sun are casting it up as a cynical ploy to get back on safe ground after the NOTW saga.
    No its not because hearts first of all said they would be letting him go, but never, they put him out on loan and that loan period is about to come to an end. If they were going to sack him they would have done so at the time so it looks likely he'll either be put back out on loan or return to hearts and go back to square one. Cpnsidering i can't see many teams wanting CT i'd say it's extremely likely he'll be back at hearts now.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post
    Nice to see he has a wee teddy bear hanging from his car mirror to attract the bairns. Nae doubt a box of sweeties an all.
    Does that work like? Wouldn't have crossed my mind to even think like that.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    It is only a rumour by the looks of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Famous_HFC View Post
    Tbf all the article says in way of fact that his loan contact is about to end. The rest is essentially the typical sensationalist hype we have come to expect from the sun. Wouldn't be a real shock if a new loan contract is already in the pipeline. Wouldn't be a real shock if it wasn't though!Edit: those words do sum him perfectly though don't they
    Not defending this bloke, but the way that innuendo in newspapers can stir up a hate mob is quite scary. By tea time tonight the guy will have been spotted parked outside primary schools the loength and breadth of Midlothian.
    Last edited by Phil D. Rolls; 25-10-2011 at 09:27 AM.

How is this news? We've known since this summer that all they did was loan him until the end of the Lithuanian season rather than release him. I don't see what is new.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    I wondered if the sun brought this up partly in response to hearts withdrawing media cooperation. If you do not give us something to write about we will just look elsewhere for an uncomplimentary story.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Not defending this bloke, but the way that innuendo in newspapers can stir up a hate mob is quite scary. By tea time tonight the guy will have been spotted parked outside primary schools the loength and breadth of Midlothian.
    Which primary school are you talking about? Wheres he been spotted? What do you know? You can't keep these things to yourself FR.

Must text everyone I know that he's outside an un-named primary school in Edinburgh. Maybe I can get Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson to find out where?

The day i take The Sun as my moral compass will be along time coming.

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post

Might be worth one of our 'agents' posting a link on there....?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Which primary school are you talking about? Wheres he been spotted? What do you know? You can't keep these things to yourself FR.

Must text everyone I know that he's outside an un-named primary school in Edinburgh. Maybe I can get Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson to find out where?
    Will nobody think of our children?

I heard he's been shopping in the Poundland at the Kingdom Centre, Glenrothes buying halloween treats!!!! Surely the army should be getting involved? If I see him, I swear I'll do time!!!!

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Will nobody think of our children?

I heard he's been shopping in the Poundland at the Kingdom Centre, Glenrothes buying halloween treats!!!! Surely the army should be getting involved? If I see him, I swear I'll do time!!!!

FR, you are about as funny as a kick in the baws.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

Don't bother, it'll be Chester E Arthur Elementary - 21st President - did you know he was Director of Customs right here in New York?

I think I may have seen that film too many times.

If this was any other paper, I may have read the article to find out the truth. However, being the Sun, reading it would not help me in that regard.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post

If this was any other paper, I may have read the article to find out the truth. However, being the Sun, reading it would not help me in that regard.
    Cup of tea in their van folk ken whits goan on

Its a ****my paper with no morals telling us nothing about a ****my individual with no morals.Lets wait until there is something to report before reacting.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    Cup of tea in their van folk ken whits goan on
    So do needs change for thier bus folk, but I didnt this morning so I've no seen it.