hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Friday Night Football

I wonder what game they might choose to trial this?
    Perhaps the St Johnstone game on 21st January as crowds are generally low at this time of year?
    http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-ev...days_1_1925417

2. Log in to remove the advert

Friday nights for me are better than early Sunday KOs, but Sundays are usually big games and the LBPD wouldn't be keen on policing any of them on a Friday night.

I dunno if there's much point moving a 'normal' game to a Friday. Novelty value maybe, but it means even less Saturday 3PMs.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli_619 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Friday nights for me are better than early Sunday KOs, but Sundays are usually big games and the LBPD wouldn't be keen on policing any of them on a Friday night.

I dunno if there's much point moving a 'normal' game to a Friday. Novelty value maybe, but it means even less Saturday 3PMs.
    Sunday games are for the TV (or following a Thursday Euro tie). The move to Friday would mean ANOTHER Saturday 3pm game being lost but without good reason.

No thanks from me. Saturdays are for football!

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Sunday games are for the TV (or following a Thursday Euro tie). The move to Friday would mean ANOTHER Saturday 3pm game being lost but without good reason.

No thanks from me. Saturdays are for football!
    This is what I don't get, why are they trying to move more matches when people are already moaning about missing out on Sat 3pm fixtures, if it was instead of the lunchtime weekend K/Os then fair enough, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    if its for tv i get it but moving games for the sake of it is just daft, this idea needs to fall on its arse imo

Is this another example of our board being completely out of touch considering one of the main gripes on here is games being moved?

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Saturdays are for football, or sundays at a push. Regular friday fixtures would see me dropping the season ticket as work would prevent me going on a reasonably regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    if its for tv i get it but moving games for the sake of it is just daft, this idea needs to fall on its arse imo

Is this another example of our board being completely out of touch considering one of the main gripes on here is games being moved?
    Seems that way, you have to wonder what goes through their heads.

Would it be possible for Hibs to provide a questionnaire to the home support when they go through the turnstile on match day ?

Should provide an accurate response to the acceptability of Friday evening football, rather than guessing or using focus groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    This is what I don't get, why are they trying to move more matches when people are already moaning about missing out on Sat 3pm fixtures, if it was instead of the lunchtime weekend K/Os then fair enough, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Precisely, Friday nights are preferable to early kick offs but replacing 3pm Saturday fixtures is just lunacy.

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    Nice one, just done it and glad they included 'lack of public transport' as an option.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    More messing about with fixture lists wil just drive more people away from football. The more free Saturdays that some people have, the more likely that they will find other things to do on a permanent basis.

As a season ticket holder, I paid my money up front to watch football on a Saturday. I can't manage on a Friday and would be totally p&@@ed off if I had to miss a game.

What would be interesting is if Hibs fans would prefer Friday night ito Sunday lunchtime?

The only games that will be moved to Friday nights are crappy category B ones because the last thing the Police/Sky/ESPN would want is an evening kick off on a Friday for a derby or OF game.

And you can bet that you'd get a smaller attendance on a Friday night than a Saturday 3pm kick off so I can't really see what Hibs could hope to gain from it.

I'd be up for Hibs v Dunfermline at ER on a Friday night.
    However I live locally and travel wouldn't hit me

Obsessed with the Hibees
    Quote Originally Posted by seveno View Post
    More messing about with fixture lists wil just drive more people away from football. The more free Saturdays that some people have, the more likely that they will find other things to do on a permanent basis. As a season ticket holder, I paid my money up front to watch football on a Saturday. I can't manage on a Friday and would be totally p&@@ed off if I had to miss a game.
    With all due respect nobody buys their season ticket up front to expect football on a Saturday. I don't agree with friday night football either but none of us should be naivie enough to only expect football on a saturday. The clubs will lose out as more fans that are disillusioned with times football is played will stop buying season tickets and pay on a game by game basis. When fans do that it is only natural they will miss more games especially if the football being served up is poor. Sunday was prime example for me I had to arrange my kids football game for an early kick off to make tynecastle by 12.30. Had i not had season ticket I wouldn.t have bothered forking out the 40 quid for me and son to race from morning game i would just relaxed and watched in house.

Quote Originally Posted by bruno View Post
    With all due respect nobody buys their season ticket up front to expect football on a Saturday. I don't agree with friday night football either but none of us should be naivie enough to only expect football on a saturday. The clubs will lose out as more fans that are disillusioned with times football is played will stop buying season tickets and pay on a game by game basis. When fans do that it is only natural they will miss more games especially if the football being served up is poor. Sunday was prime example for me I had to arrange my kids football game for an early kick off to make tynecastle by 12.30. Had i not had season ticket I wouldn.t have bothered forking out the 40 quid for me and son to race from morning game i would just relaxed and watched in house.
    How is the hole in your asbestos ridden roof?

I don't do evening games. I have missed one game off my ST due to the St. Johnstone one being moved to accommodate the Sunderland game.I wouldn't welcome Friday evening games

@hibs.net private member hibeenicol's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ll nicol ll
    I would rather have a game on a friday night than one on a saturday or sunday morning, It would also be better if they told us the friday fixtures from the start of the season rather than changing fixtures throughout the season.

Obsessed with the Hibees
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    How is the hole in your asbestos ridden roof?
    Thanks for your constructive addition to the debate on Friday night football

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Ooh, get you! No need to go all Paul Hartley on us...

Did the Aberdeen game that they trialled it with not get a bigger crowd that the previous home game which was played on the Saturday at 3pm?

I for one would rather go on a Friday night than a Sunday lunch time, I do like evening games though, seeing a game under floodlights is brilliant.

Our last game was on a Saturday afternoon after a two week gap without a game and after a home win and a narrow defeat at Ibrox against the team 2nd in the league, it didn't exactly attract a bumber crowd so I'm not surprised in the slightest that Hibs would look into something like this.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Probably the cynic in me, coming to the surface, but i am guessing that we won't see any ICT v OF Friday night experiments?

If you have a good look through the thread you will find that I posted the link to the survey

And you never answered my question, how is the hole in your asbestos ridden roof? :asshole: