hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

Genk Fans on Soccer AM

Fans of the week today and very funny. They sand a song which went "Let's pretend we've scored a goal" and then they all go mental.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    And Steven Fletcher looks like he's wearing the black away Hibs top!

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fans of the week today and very funny. They sand a song which went "Let's pretend we've scored a goal" and then they all go mental.
    I would love to do that at ER :D

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I'd love us to score a goal at ER...
    They've only gone and done it! They've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! What kept you, Hibs?!

Quote Originally Posted by Leitrim Hibee View Post
    I'd love us to score a goal at ER...
    "Let's pretend we've won the Scottish cup,Let's pretend we've won the Scottish cup,Let's pretend we've won the,Let's pretend we've won the,Let's pretend we've won the Scottish cup".Hey, if we take the piss out of ourselves the yams can't, eh?.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    I remember us doing that a couple of seasons ago pre-season in Ireland, good banter.

Was at Chelsea v Genk on Wednesday, their fans were brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    You'd be guaranteed there would be folk on here complaining though. It's all about the P's & Q's at ER these days. Cracks me up how people go on about European crowds and the atmosphere yet will have a go when someone even thinks about farting at ER.

Anyone got/found a clip of them doing it?

In Blackpool the cries of "shoot" and "1 shot, we only want 1 shot" were quite amusing, plus the small celebration when we had a shot that was almost out for a throw.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    You'd be guaranteed there would be folk on here complaining though. It's all about the P's & Q's at ER these days. Cracks me up how people go on about European crowds and the atmosphere yet will have a go when someone even thinks about farting at ER.
    Simple. Start it off with "Let's pretend that Colin's sacked" (which would also be the most withering put down of a football manager ever) then change it to "Let's pretend we've won the Scottish cup" when nobody's noticing.

Although I'd be pretty ****ing chuffed if CC departed as well.

I dunno, I just want to get a bit of ****ing noise back in ER again, every game is like an away game for me (apart from the games at Pittodrie) so I rarely spend less than £70 to head to a Hibs game nowadays overall, and I can't afford more than one game a month (if that, especially coming up to Christmas). It'd be nice to have a good laugh after going to that effort and expense.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Spot on matey...if you even dare sing a new song at Hibs there is a contingent who moan they don't like it. If you even dare mention making a new song the critics are waiting in their armchairs at Home to pounce. It is without doubt, that besides the yams we have got to have a pretty poor pro rata new song. If you try to do the Bruges chant people don't like it. If you try to do "I believe" people complain. They do not however come up with alternatives. If we sang a song like Genk, we would be criticised by our own fans mercilessly. Their would be a new thread dedicated to it. FWIW Hibs fans sang a total 12 times at St Mirren. Four times the song was "Hail Hail" 3 x he's one of our own. And finally we are Hibernian fc. When the new sect43 gets launched against Rangers on the 10th of December there will be roughly 130 flags. New Banners etc. I am willing to bet some people will complain it's too flaggy...too noisy... too Green and White. Watch this space

I've seen that done a couple of times at games down in Englandshire. It is pretty funny especially when losing. Maybe humour will make a comeback with Scottish club football fans.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.