hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Get Colin Calderwood out now.

As it is widely known that members of the Hibs Board have a look in on the Hibs sites from time to time, then here is your chance to let them know how wee feel about CC still being the manager of Hibernian FC, it has been a disaster from start to now since he has been in charge, he can have no complaints anymore, he has his own team on the park now, and not Yogi's,, it has been downhill all the way with him and no sign of any improvements since he took over, he has made one good signing(if he did make it) in Garry O'Connor, the rest are just poor players, he needs to go now before he cause's any more damage to the club this season.

For Colin Calderwood.

PS, Get rid of all the backroom staff at East Mains while your at it, you may need a couple of them, .

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    yes get him out now.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Don't like to have to resort to it, but his time is definitely up - he is killing our club and the damage could last for years to come. Going to Easter Road is a truly miserable experience and as things stand I will not be renewing my season ticket next year - something I never thought I would say.

Left by mutual consent!
    Sacking the manager won't make the slightest difference to our situation.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see you have said this a few times now, what do you think will happen if we stay as we are?

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Go on..

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    yes get him out now.

And please ensure that no current Board member is anywhere near the selection Committee for his replacement.

Left by mutual consent!

hkhibby

i emailed the board a month or so ago, got a reply back from Scott Lindsay with the same old...same old flannel about giving the manager time to make the team gel etc.., still early in the season etc..we share your frustration...etc...its not acceptable to be bottom of the league/there abouts...etc...in other words same old, and comments noted!, i emailed again but got no reply!, and i emailed again yesterday, monday 17th, but no reply!, so doubt il email again if they cant be-botherd to reply, either that orthey are just refusing to either talk about or acknowledge there is a major problem with the present incumbent waist of time as a manager we have!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Go on..
    We've changed manager 4 times (8 if you include the temporary geezers) in 5 years now. After so many changes in such a short time there comes a point where you have to conclude that the manager is NOT the problem.

Sure, yet another sacking might make the punters feel a wee bit better about things in the short term but that will be pretty much the extent of the upside. Of itself it will make hee-haw difference.

I really hope that the club is taking a step back and is trying to figure out:

- where the club needs to get to
    - the potential blockers to getting there
    - the degree to which the existing activities and resources will allow the club to meet its objectives
    - a holistic plan of action, including staffing changes if required, that brings the club out its current tailspin.

Exactly one year. Two transfer windows, calderwoods team and full pre season preparation.

Absolutely ZERO improvement.

Get Colin Calderwood Out NOW.

Why the over reaction?!

Coaching Staff
    Unless Sir Tom underwrites it (the sacking), then don't hold your breath. Hibs simply cannot afford to sack him, that is the basic truth.

As it stands, we are a quarter the way into the season, and albeit by a point, not in the relegation places. We are still in the League Cup, with a home game against Celtic, who may rest a few players given their predicament, to look forward to. Winning that puts us in the semi finals of a major cup. Six points separate our current position from 4th in the SPL. Are you willing to forsake around £250,000 to get rid of him at this stage of the season. There would be precious little for the new manager to play with next window anyway. Again, unless STF loans money.........which I don't think he will. We won't be going to the bank either, nor plundering the cash in bank.

The football is poor, the apathy almost tangible. I, like thousands of others, left on Saturday with an almost 'resigned' attitude, not angry or sad, just 'och well, we expected that'. But I left thinking that not only are the players poor, so are we. The fans, whether some choose to agree or not, need to be more vocal in a positive sense. From the 1st minute to 92nd on Saturday, all I witnessed was negative. I know it's really tough to bear at times, and everyone of course has the right to vent their spleen.......I do too. But I was one of the few near me encouraging DW when he came to take a throw, one of the few to give Nid a right good clap when he came to the touchline after a tackle. Everyone else was muted.

Football is fickle, and we have gone from 2 games where the lads gave everything to beat Well in the Cup, and did well against a team who hadn't conceded a goal away, scoring 3 and playing well, to being the 'worst team in the world'. Simple fact is, we're not. We're not good, have the potential to do far far better, but support is needed. There are some very good players at Hibs.

All this season I have put my own feelings about Calderwood (his summer nonsense) aside and got behind the side (at games). I will be honest, I think his behaviour pre-season was a disgrace. I also think Rod's hiding behind statements, which I see he has done again, is utterly disrespectful. There is no transparency at Hibs and there needs to be.

Billy Brown has been in post for around 2 months, yet it only took him 2 minutes to say what we (and other coaches) feel about Hibs. The mentality is wrong. There is a fear of defeat rather than a belief we can win. But that will change I think. The support needs to galvanise around the team, and for most put their feelings of CC aside. It wasn't that long ago the 12th Man were singing 'Calderwood's Green n White Army' for the whole game.

I laughed today at the statement that said the club have been more interactive with the fans. What utter tosh. They haven't e-mailed me once about my thoughts on where we should be going as a club. And even if they do reply when fans write in, they have always replied with a generic 'aye, we read what you said, but still go and buy your season ticket'. Old ground I know, but there are literally two dozen ways the club could be doing things better off the park and being more community orientated. Loads of better money generating ideas too. They (the board) listen to what they want to listen to. If any of the board do read this board, feel free to PM me. I hopefully am seen as constructive and fair minded when it comes to Hibernian. But read this - not only did I expect the loss today, I feel you are failing badly in your jobs, and you should be very much accountable for the loss also.

The U19's look really entertaining this season too. Some prospects that I think will really come good in the top team. Other coaches have said that. So there is a bright future I think regards youth inclusion in the first team. CC is seen as a good coach, both at Hibs and by other players and coaches. Of course we all challenge his decisions, his demeanour, his tactics. But at the end of the day I think it would be foolish to sack him right now.

The man who should step aside, in my opinion, is Rod.............purely because he has been there for too long and the Boardroom needs refreshed. Fyfe and Scott's position need examined for best value, and the Marketing Dept need metaphorically kicked up the backside for their lack of inspiration and ideas. I don't dislike Rod Petrie, far from it. I think what he has done for Hibs in his time has been staggering in a postive sense (with some luck thrown in, and Rangers open cheque book before they bounced ). But his touch is failing and his continued 'statements in hiding' I now find lacking respect for the everyday fan.

I watched the documentary last night about the collapse of RBS. It reminded me of Hibs on a far far smaller, localised scale. There was Fred Goodwin, McKillop and the lads all patting each other on the back from 2000 onwards, all very proud of their achievements, waxing lyrcal about their collective 'strength' and talents in banking.....they often said they were unlike any other banks when asked if there was a risk to their position in banking. They were protected from a crash they said. When 2008/9 came, same people were there, same people whose pockets had been lined, same people who said 'it's all okay'.........yet the system crashed and all they could say before they walked away with handsome pensions was a limp, unemotional 'sorry' ! The arrogance and real honest failure to admit collective failing was simply unbelievable.

To the Hibs board - lads, you had a fair crack of the whip, first half you played a blinder, second half you let yourselves down big time. Time for you to look for another club as we won't be renewing your contracts. There are better players out there. Good luck and we hope you remember your time with Hibernian fondly. But we are not a charity, we are a club with winning mentality. And today, you lost ! Most expensive team to watch in the SPL, one of the poorest football products (on and off the pitch). Everyone who buys a ticket to watch Hibs is a 'stakeholder' in the club, and entitled to an opinion............my opinion is you are past your sell by date. Time to get in people with a vision, a younger approach, a real enthusiasm for football and the club, an injection of charisma. Make Hibernian Football Club beautiful again !

The football side and Calderwood argument - get behind the side, let's really be positive and get the campaign going. I'm all for giving him more time, with positive vocal backing from the stands. Time to round the wagons troops and get behind the club/team IMHO.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I want him to succeed, I really do.....But enough's enough...I just wish I knew who we would bring in to replace him!?

Will just add, great post from Truehibernian.......But I have my doubts whether would stay up with CC at the helm..
    Last edited by Dalianwanda; 18-10-2011 at 04:49 PM.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    get him to ****!!
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post

And please ensure that no current Board member is anywhere near the selection Committee for his replacement.

we would manage to get a better manager by sticking all the names in a hat of who apply and getting one of the Fans to pick out the name at a half time draw in one of our games.

more chance of the guy being a winner than the useless bone headed losers who the board have selected recently.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET HIM OUT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!

Billy Reid, Michael O'Neil even Jim Jeffries would do right now!!

This is the lowest I have been in years of being a Hibs fan and my god I've sat through some right pish. Get him out before it's too late!

If we appoint another manager as rubbish as CC then you are right.

If we had appointed the other Calderwood, who has proved himself time and time again in the SPL, then we would be challenging for 3rd this season.

This is all Petrie's fault, CC was highly unpopular at Notts Forest. I don't like to get personal, but he has a weird personality, like something is lacking emotionally, certainly not the type suitable for being a manager. He has probably cost us a fair whack in wages and compensation to Newcastle, never mind all the money we lost through dropping down the table and falling attendances.

What were you thinking Petrie? Do you seriously think things will all turn out ok under this guy?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Did the listening groups take place in September?
    If not why not and if yes what was the attendance like.

I presume the events were canned?

As I've said on previous I'm reluctantly in the CC out camp but reckon it'll take until the result of the cup game - thatll be the make or break moment

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Help ma boab. It's a year to the day since CC was appointed as our Saviour.

I cannae quite believe that as it seems much longer than that. The agony lingers on, and on, and on.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    If we appoint another manager as rubbish as CC then you are right.
    One of recent rubbish appointments now manages an international club. We don't appoint balloons but there is something about the club that turns managers with decent ability into inept buffoons. Until we sort out what this is the constant cycle of hiring and firing will just continue with us getting worse and worse.

Coaching Staff
    Xmas and no longer.

If it is to be that Calderwood goes, they should be refreshing the whole coaching set up too. If CC goes, RP must sell up and ship out. Plain and simple. If we get the next managerial choice wrong, we are sunk and most fans won't care.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    yes get him out now.
    If he had any decency and honour he'd resign.

Left by mutual consent!
    We've changed manager 4 times (8 if you include the temporary geezers) in 5 years now. After so many changes in such a short time there comes a point where you have to conclude that the manager is NOT the problem.

Sure, yet another sacking might make the punters feel a wee bit better about things in the short term but that will be pretty much the extent of the upside. Of itself it will make hee-haw difference.

I really hope that the club is taking a step back and is trying to figure out:

- where the club needs to get to
    - the potential blockers to getting there
    - the degree to which the existing activities and resources will allow the club to meet its objectives
    - a holistic plan of action, including staffing changes if required, that brings the club out its current tailspin.
    CC should not be kept in the job simply because we have went through 4 or 5 managers in almost as many years, CC simply based on his record has been nothing short of terrible and I see nothing in him to suggest it will improve so for me he should 100% be sacked and that should have happened weeks ago.

The manager as you say is not the problem fully to have been through as many managers as we have and failed to make Europe 4 out of the last 5 seasons I believe is IMO a failure and they have had plenty of more time than the managers emplyed to get it right, CC just looks like another error.

Time for some action from very top to get the FOOTBALL side of this club up there in the mix, everyone at the club from CC is not capable of this.

First Team Breakthrough woodyloon's Avatar
    I think even getting rid of Calderwood (NOW) might not be enough to get things sorted, I feel there is something deep rooted within the club that needs sorted. I think Calderwood has had long enough to change things around without any sign of improvement, infact I feel he has made us the team everyone wants to play especially if the other team has been on a bad run. I also don't buy into wait and see what he can do when he gets his own team, at the time he came he was expected to work with the majority of the last managers players, AND SHOULD OF BY NOW AT LEAST SHOWN WE AHD IMPROVED, NOT GOT WORSE.

With the progress we have made elsewhere we should now be reaping the rewards, we have invested in our own training complex and since then we have produced the weakest standard of team seen for a long time. We have completed the ground rebuild and now we can't put a team out showing enough passion to even half fill the ground and I feel if something isn't done sone it will be too late. Forget waiting January, by then we might be well and truely knackered and I can't see were our team will suddenly be able develop an ability to grind results out when we need them I think last season we got lucky, especially when you look at our results last season when we played all the other 5 teams in the bottom at the split.

The only positive thing at the moment is the appointment of Brown, but how long will that last, he can only do so much as an assistant without over stepping his position.

I think every fan wants to get behind the team, but it gets very hard when the supporters seem to be the only ones able to see there is problems within the club, but anyone in a position just seems to be glossing over the situation, and if something isn't done sooner rather than later then I fear we could be genuine relegation contenders, and I also fear that if we do go down we might not be strong or good enough to come straight back up, and will languish in the lower league with our great stadium and training complex.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    If he had any decency and honour he'd resign.
    Totally agree.

As a season ticket holder of 25 years I have watched some amount of dross in my time, but right now Calderwood's brand of football is boring me to death.

Just leave.

Quote Originally Posted by HKhibby View Post
    i emailed the board a month or so ago, got a reply back from Scott Lindsay with the same old...same old flannel about giving the manager time to make the team gel etc.., still early in the season etc..we share your frustration...etc...its not acceptable to be bottom of the league/there abouts...etc...in other words same old, and comments noted!, i emailed again but got no reply!, and i emailed again yesterday, monday 17th, but no reply!, so doubt il email again if they cant be-botherd to reply, either that orthey are just refusing to either talk about or acknowledge there is a major problem with the present incumbent waist of time as a manager we have!

As I've just posted in another thread, I just received the usual disinterested drivel from Fyfe Hyland to my Email I sent in on Sat...they aren't interested in our opinions whatsoever!!!

But for what it's worth Get CC OUT NOW!!!

calderwood is the bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    CC should not be kept in the job simply because we have went through 4 or 5 managers in almost as many years, CC simply based on his record has been nothing short of terrible and I see nothing in him to suggest it will improve so for me he should 100% be sacked and that should have happened weeks ago.

The manager as you say is not the problem fully to have been through as many managers as we have and failed to make Europe 4 out of the last 5 seasons I believe is IMO a failure and they have had plenty of more time than the managers emplyed to get it right, CC just looks like another error.

Time for some action from very top to get the FOOTBALL side of this club up there in the mix, everyone at the club from CC is not capable of this.

Spot on.

CC out, and take evans and co with you!

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    It saddens me to say this but id have the Duffster back to replace this Dud

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    As it is widely known that members of the Hibs Board have a look in on the Hibs sites from time to time, then here is your chance to let them know how wee feel about CC still being the manager of Hibernian FC, it has been a disaster from start to now since he has been in charge, he can have no complaints anymore, he has his own team on the park now, and not Yogi's,, it has been downhill all the way with him and no sign of any improvements since he took over, he has made one good signing(if he did make it) in Garry O'Connor, the rest are just poor players, he needs to go now before he cause's any more damage to the club this season.

For Colin Calderwood.

PS, Get rid of all the backroom staff at East Mains while your at it, you may need a couple of them, .
    Dinnae forget Petrie's