hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

The arguments for and against Calderwood.

As i see it, the argument for keeping him has always been he needs time. Thats all well and good, but imo we need to be thrown a crumb now and then to keep backing the man, we need to see a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Does anyone see any light, even a small flicker?

Arguments against are easy, results, performances, non commitment, dull uninspiring they have all played a part in folk deserting the club.

How long can this go on before the club act?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As i see it, the argument for keeping him has always been he needs time. Thats all well and good, but imo we need to be thrown a crumb now and then to keep backing the man, we need to see a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Arguments against are easy, results, performances, non commitment, dull uninspiring they have all played a part in folk deserting the club.

My argument has been we can't keep changing managers and it can't always be the managers fault as we keep changing them with no difference to results or performances.

I accept though that argument has run out and a change is needed.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    On the plus side, I don't think he spent the money building the latest stand, very nice though it is.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    My argument has been we can't keep changing managers and it can't always be the managers fault as we keep changing them with no difference to results or performances.

I accept though that argument has run out and a change is needed.
    I am inclined to agree with you bingo, really the only thing that would persuade me that CC deserved much longer would be if there were signs of a root and branch overhaul at the club - essentially if we could see what he's progressed at the club and how he expects it to pay dividends, then I think the argument about not changing managers all the time would still have some weight behind it.

As it is, though, we do not appear to be improving much at all, and when there are signs they are there for moments and then we're back to the schoolboy performances like yesterday.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I am inclined to agree with you bingo, really the only thing that would persuade me that CC deserved much longer would be if there were signs of a root and branch overhaul at the club - essentially if we could see what he's progressed at the club and how he expects it to pay dividends, then I think the argument about not changing managers all the time would still have some weight behind it.

As it is, though, we do not appear to be improving much at all, and when there are signs they are there for moments and then we're back to the schoolboy performances like yesterday.
    It's not even like he can say he's building for the future as after what we saw in the summer i think it's pretty obvious he's no intention of signing a new contract when it expires, even if things do improve.

His appointment has just been an absolute disaster from the start

There are no arguments in favour of Calderwood. Punt him now before we are relegated.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Cc is in my opinion far worse than Duff Jimmy.

He inherited Riordan, Zemmama, Miller, Stack, Murray, Bamba, makings of a foundation to build upon.

We also got in Sodje, Gaz, Sproule, Griffiths, Osbourne, Pallson, Agogo...this is in no way a team that should be staring at relegation.

Get him right to ****.

This is a point put across by some that i just dont get? Of course there have been the odd game where we have won, inverness away comes to mind. Where we are all happy we won, and its a sign of progression.

Yet when Hughes team won, and had his team sitting third, it was all luck?

Progression is imo a team that wins, plays good attractive football and crowds grow as people are enjoying what they see.

Calderwoods team have the opposite effect, but is not getting half the stick Hughes did.

Hughes deserved to go, his results from February were terrible and Petrie acted swiftly. Calderwoods results are worse, the footballs worse, the team are worse and crowds are turning their backs on the club. Why the double standards, why has he not been punted?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

He inherited Riordan, Zemmama, Miller, Stack, Murray, Bamba, makings of a foundation to build upon.

We also got in Sodje, Gaz, Sproule, Griffiths, Osbourne, Pallson, Agogo...this is in no way a team that should be staring at relegation.

Get him right to ****.
    Agree with the sentiment, but Zouma and Bamba were long gone by the time CC came in.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Agree with the sentiment, but Zouma and Bamba were long gone by the time CC came in.
    He still had them for a handful of months (3 I think) and it's tough to see what plans he'd made for their departure (apart from getting Kojak to play in Central defense six months on.

Coaching Staff
    I bear the man no personal animosity.

However, even Calderwood must now appreciate that despite his best efforts, it is simply not working, and that there is nothing on the horizon that is going to suddenly turn things around.

Sometimes, just like some marraiges, it is simply not meant to be, and it is in everyone's best interests if the partnership is dissolved, and quickly .

For Gawd's sake Petrie put the man, and us long suffering supporters out of our mysery and enact the divorce.

It may cause some short term angst, but long term everybody will be better off for it.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    This is a point put across by some that i just dont get? Of course there have been the odd game where we have won, inverness away comes to mind. Where we are all happy we won, and its a sign of progression.

Progression is imo a team that wins, plays good attractive football and crowds grow as people are enjoying what they see.

Calderwoods team have the opposite effect, but is not getting half the stick Hughes did.

Hughes deserved to go, his results from February were terrible and Petrie acted swiftly. Calderwoods results are worse, the footballs worse, the team are worse and crowds are turning their backs on the club. Why the double standards, why has he not been punted?
    I do agree with this, I think the fact that Calderwood has certainly been subject to less pressure for longer is simply down to the fear of what actually happens next, probably from both the board and the fans who are still trying to back him.

I hoped against hope that he would turn it round but it's not realy happening for whatever reason, but I am seriously concerned about how far back the next phase of the managerial and squad merry go round is going to set us. We have been doing player clear outs too frequently and another one is likely when the manager changes again.

That said Yogi had to go, and I was backing him for longer than most.

Left by mutual consent!

The arguments for and against Calderwood.

Reasons for him tae stay 0
    Reasons against him staying, too numerous tae mention

First Team Breakthrough
    This is a point put across by some that i just dont get? Of course there have been the odd game where we have won, inverness away comes to mind. Where we are all happy we won, and its a sign of progression.Yet when Hughes team won, and had his team sitting third, it was all luck? Progression is imo a team that wins, plays good attractive football and crowds grow as people are enjoying what they see.Calderwoods team have the opposite effect, but is not getting half the stick Hughes did.Hughes deserved to go, his results from February were terrible and Petrie acted swiftly. Calderwoods results are worse, the footballs worse, the team are worse and crowds are turning their backs on the club. Why the double standards, why has he not been punted?
    I asked the board about this just after the appointment of bb. I was told that all managers get the same backing. Glad it wasn't just me who had noticed this.

First Team Breakthrough
    This is a point put across by some that i just dont get? Of course there have been the odd game where we have won, inverness away comes to mind. Where we are all happy we won, and its a sign of progression.Yet when Hughes team won, and had his team sitting third, it was all luck? Progression is imo a team that wins, plays good attractive football and crowds grow as people are enjoying what they see.Calderwoods team have the opposite effect, but is not getting half the stick Hughes did.Hughes deserved to go, his results from February were terrible and Petrie acted swiftly. Calderwoods results are worse, the footballs worse, the team are worse and crowds are turning their backs on the club. Why the double standards, why has he not been punted?
    I asked the board about this just after the appointment of bb. I was told that all managers get the same backing. Glad it wasn't just me who had noticed this.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    The arguement for him to stay is that if we fire A.N.Other we are missing the root of the problem and hence we will be in this place again. Look at Derek Adams. Talented manager without a doubt. Has taken a Ross County team from its' knees and put them top of the pile. He smelled something rank at ER and wanted out. Not the smell you get from dodgy bin but when you need to get builders in to dig deep and you know it will cost. What makes this more compelling for me is the body language of those players yesterday. Not interested. Looked completely hacked off, trotting around in that cash cow of a new strip with as much commitment to the cause as those boys you see holding up the golf sale signs on a busy high street.

Even if we did replace him, some "supporters" would automatically not accept the new man. I think the board who try get bollan or jimmy Calderwood - ignoring his cv and just not liking him because he shouldn't be at Hibs, this mega successful sleeping giant in a pish league. Although CC is not the man, we need to have a massive reality check

Quote Originally Posted by kevin80 View Post
    Even if we did replace him, some "supporters" would automatically not accept the new man. I think the board who try get bollan or jimmy Calderwood - ignoring his cv and just not liking him because he shouldn't be at Hibs, this mega successful sleeping giant in a pish league. Although CC is not the man, we need to have a massive reality check
    If Calderwood had us sitting in 4th or 3rd, he'd be the new messiah, anyone who did that would get the same plaudits, well maybe not Yogi i suppose.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    the thing i dislike about this the most is that at the end of all this he will get a good pay off from hibs, something he in no way deserves IMO

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

Get him right to ****.
    I don't think that's fair, he inherited a mess. He's got us in a worse mess at the moment and without a shadow of a doubt needs to be sacked but he never had a foundation to build on, we've been piss for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    I don't think that's fair, he inherited a mess. He's got us in a worse mess at the moment and without a shadow of a doubt needs to be sacked but he never had a foundation to build on, we've been piss for a long time.
    I dont agree, but if i give you the benefit of the doubt, he surely must have had an easy job improving the team? Quality over quantity was what he wanted, where is the evidence he did this?

What a shocker. Blackpool comes up with yet another thread debating whether or not CC should be booted. How tiresome....

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    What a shocker. Blackpool comes up with yet another thread debating whether or not CC should be booted. How tiresome....
    To be fair, i dont remember any of your posts.
    Tell me why he should stay then?

To be fair, i dont remember any of your posts.
    Tell me why he should stay then?
    I never gave an opinion as to whether or not he should be bumped. I don't know how many threads you've started on the same subject though. That's what I find tiresome.

However, since you ask, I am still willing to give CC until the end of the year. If we are still where we are now, then I would agree it would be time for him to go.

I have seen some good signs over the past month or so of an improvement, and I think the first half yesterday was just one of those "bad days at the office". I don't think the club can afford to pay big compo getting shot of him now, but the next few months may determine they will have to bite the bullet and do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I never gave an opinion as to whether or not he should be bumped. I don't know how many threads you've started on the same subject though. That's what I find tiresome.However, since you ask, I am still willing to give CC until the end of the year. If we are still where we are now, then I would agree it would be time for him to go.I have seen some good signs over the past month or so of an improvement, and I think the first half yesterday was just one of those "bad days at the office". I don't think the club can afford to pay big compo getting shot of him now, but the next few months may determine they will have to bite the bullet and do just that.
    More like 'a ****ing shocking 12 months at the office".If we give CC untill Christmas, will you be looking forward to playing the likes of Ayr and other 1st division sides?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Calderwoods team have the opposite effect, but is not getting half the stick Hughes did.Hughes deserved to go, his results from February were terrible and Petrie acted swiftly. Calderwoods results are worse, the footballs worse, the team are worse and crowds are turning their backs on the club. Why the double standards, why has he not been punted?

And that is the baffling part BH, how the Hibs fans haven't turned on CC is unbelievable compared to the treatment that was handed out to Yogi and Mixu for there bad spells at the club, have the Hibs fans gave up on the club that they cant even be bothered shouting for CC removal from the club, Petrie has and still is backing CC and the fans know that Petrie pulls the strings at ER, its his call and the Hibs fans know this and with RP not going anywhere soon it looks like wee may be stuck with CC while RP is at the club.

The pressure needs to be put on RP if wee want a new man in charge of the team and that should start with the game against St Mirren next week, some sort of protest to show the Board and manager that wee wont tolerate the rubbish that is being served up to us week after week, i know a lot of fans are voting with there feet and not coming along to watch Hibs anymore, i will always go and watch the team but it doesn't mean i am happy with the way things are going at Hibs and the only way to put that over to the club when at the games is to be loud enough to let the people who are running our club that wee are not happy and haven't been for a long time now.

CC needs to go that is quite obvious now, but i also think time is up for Rod Petrie as well, his backing of CC over the summer was an embarassment to the club and fans, and dont get me started on his joke of a statement to the fans backing CC regarding winning five games in a row but forgot to mention the other games where wee were tom kite.

One for CC, and another for RP, , there time is up at Hibernian FC.

The guy is a loser.

His record of results is hugely embarrassing. It's on a par with Jim Duffy.

He doesn't at all appear to me to be hurting. His professional pride doesn't appear to me to be dented. I'm not saying I want him punching the dugout like Hughes or constantly arguing with officials like Mixu but surely its only human to look frustrated?

I've concluded he simply doesn't care. He's working his ticket knowing he will get a nice wee pay off. I've no doubt after ER he won't be a manager again. He's at best a number two.

What is quite remarkable in my humble opinion is the goodwill most of us have extended to him. Despite his results and his disrespectful behaviour over bags of sweeties etc the majority started this season desparately wanting him to succeed.

The reality is he's lost that completely and the evidence in terms of results and performances are such that his appointment and summer fight to retain have been a boardroom error of colossal proportions.

The board now need to act before its too late.

can anyone provide me with cc's record?

Quote Originally Posted by pinhead69 View Post
    can anyone provide me with cc's record?
    Sure, it's Beck - Loser

@hibs.net private member
    There is total apathy towards Hibs. Crowds below 9000 and getting lower. RP and the board have taken us for mugs to often. The latest gimic of the 3rd strip and wearing that awful colour shows the club see fans as a cash cow to milk. CC's record is woeful. The style of football makes your eyes bleed. The players don't try and appear to be more interested in George Street than Easter Road.