hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

clapping players at the end of a game

I for one always clap our players at the end of any game. They may not always give us the performance we crave but I do think the abuse they get throughout some games helps with this.

I saw one man shouting abuse a a group at the end today for clapping our team. We all have choices and choose to show it in our own way but this was disgraceful.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by minglis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I for one always clap our players at the end of any game. They may not always give us the performance we crave but I do think the abuse they get throughout some games helps with this.

I saw one man shouting abuse a a group at the end today for clapping our team. We all have choices and choose to show it in our own way but this was disgraceful.
    I think it's inevitable that the amount of sheer frustration and anger permeating our support at the moment will increasingly result in such confrontations at games. I've no issue with folk choosing to clap whomever they want at a game. However, I can fully understand and empathise with those venting their anger at the players and CC. People are paying far too much for the fare on offer, although if I was a Motherwell fan I'd be pretty happy just now with their team's results and, more impressively, the standard of football. Stuart McCall has really exceeded my expectations. I was sat right behind the away dugout today and his general enthusiasm, supportiveness of his team and positive instructions was in stark and depressing contrast to CC's dull thousand yard stare.

When Griffiths and Stevenson came to warm up in front of the FF stand i clapped as always when they go round the corner flag to where they warm up. The guy in front turned round to look at me, then faced the front doing a sarcastic clap to the other guy next to him. Same guys that didn't celebrate when Chris Hogg scored v Killie cause they don't like him...........btw
    Last edited by HNA6; 16-10-2011 at 02:39 AM. Reason: No need for the faggot stuff fraze ..

Testimonial Due

Some of our support leave a lot to be desired, my view on it is that it is easy to support a team that wins 5 or 6 nil every week, supporting a team that is in our position is not as easy and the level of dedication and committment as a fan is there to be tested.

A similar thing happened to me when we got turned over by St J away a couple of seasons back when we got a midweek turning over. They got duely told to ram it.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    When Griffiths and Stevenson came to warm up in front of the FF stand i clapped as always when they go round the corner flag to where they warm up. The guy in front turned round to look at me, then faced the front doing a sarcastic clap to the other guy next to him. Same guys that didn't celebrate when Chris Hogg scored v Killie cause they don't like him...........
    Try again without the rampant homophobia.

EDIT: Admin intervention has rendered my post nonsensical. However, Fraze, have a good f****** look at yourself.
    Last edited by nonshinyfinish; 16-10-2011 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Quote edited

Im very confused by the previous post! Wheres the rampant homophobia?

Homophobia?

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Homophobia?
    Remember what your post looked like before it was edited?

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar

Calderwoods results are horendous, the footballs woefull, the team are terrible to watch, and crowds are turning their backs on the club.

Ken what, lets keep clapping the players of the park eh !!!!!!
    How anybody can applaude whats getting served up is beyond me.
    But each to there own ah suppose.

How dare that young man show passion for his club.Changed days indeed.

I clapped the players at the end because they were clapping us. I think they know they are shi'ite at present, and were apologising, which i appreciated. If the mister angrys in the crowd dont like this they can go and **** themselves TBH.

Theyre not a happy group of players and theyre not playing well. I think accusations of lack of effort are off the mark though.

Motherwell are also a better team than some of us would like to admit.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I never clapped the team at the end, they would not have heard me from Albion Road.

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Remember what your post looked like before it was edited?
    I do but it was not intended as homophobic abuse.

I did not clap yesterday and I do not see why I should.

To clap, is an expression appreciation or approval.

I would guess then that all those who did clap the performances we have had must be watching a different game to me as the performances have been dire. If you want to clap, as its a free world, go ahead. For me, I will clap when the team on the park give me something to clap for.

First Team Breakthrough Harpandcastle's Avatar
    I do but it was not intended as homophobic abuse.
    Oh come on Fraze, it does not matter how you intend things, its how it appears to the tantrum throwing queens that take offence at anything given the chance, surely you realise that its only their opinion that counts.

Just watch how you word things or you could find Peter Thatchell, Elton John and that Welsh rugby player coming looking for you, not a great thought I'm sure you will agree.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpandcastle View Post
    Oh come on Fraze, it does not matter how you intend things, its how it appears to the tantrum throwing queens that take offence at anything given the chance, surely you realise that its only their opinion that counts.

Just watch how you word things or you could find Peter Thatchell, Elton John and that Welsh rugby player coming looking for you, not a great thought I'm sure you will agree.
    And you were doing so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Www1875hfc View Post
    [/B]

Calderwoods results are horendous, the footballs woefull, the team are terrible to watch, and crowds are turning their backs on the club.

Ken what, lets keep clapping the players of the park eh !!!!!!
    How anybody can applaude whats getting served up is beyond me.
    But each to there own ah suppose.

How dare that young man show passion for his club.Changed days indeed.

At what point did the group of people deserve getting abuse shouted at them.
    That was not showing passion that was showing himself up as a twat.

I stayed to clap at the end today, mainly because there were players out there who did put the effort in. I could name a few who I thought deserved a bit of recognition for their efforts but, in particular, I felt that Stack deserved some plaudits for keeping the Motherwell tally down.

On a more general note, I worry that when things are as bad as they are now, the relationship between the players and the fans starts to disintegrate and that can't be allowed to happen or we will all suffer as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I stayed to clap at the end today, mainly because there were players out there who did put the effort in. I could name a few who I thought deserved a bit of recognition for their efforts but, in particular, I felt that Stack deserved some plaudits for keeping the Motherwell tally down.
    On a more general note, I worry that when things are as bad as they are now, the relationship between the players and the fans starts to disintegrate and that can't be allowed to happen or we will all suffer as a result.
    I hope the person who hurled the abuse at his 'Fellow Supporters' for applauding their team, reads your comments . . . it's a very sad day when 'supporters' turn on each other and the players on the pitch - as frustrating as our display can be at times venting your anger at the players during the game serves no purpose other than giving the opposition a lift.

Constructive criticism???

I dont think so!

I couldn't agree more . . . of course we're not happy at some of the performances or results, but abusing the players who are wearing the jersey on the pitch serves no purpose.

I am a Hibernian SUPPORTER . . . and for those of you who do not know the definition of Supporter, it means;

A person who Helps or Supports a person, cause or team

nowhere does it mention hurl abuse!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aunty joyce View Post
    I couldn't agree more . . . of course we're not happy at some of the performances or results, but abusing the players who are wearing the jersey on the pitch serves no purpose.

I am a Hibernian SUPPORTER . . . and for those of you who do not know the definition of Supporter, it means;

A person who Helps or Supports a person, cause or team

nowhere does it mention hurl abuse!!!
    I remember when gay used to mean happy? smillies not working :)

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Lets all stay behind and applaud everyone after every game, because everythings so bloody great at our club right now.
    I am genuinley shocked that anybody would want to applaud that pathetic excuse for a team or manager especially given a display such as yesterdays.

To the people who were applauding, can I ask what it was you were actually applauding? And to the supporters who think clapping at the players regardless of result & display makes them more of a supporter, get a grip and realise that anyone who is paying to watch that rubbish week in week out is loyal supporter and they have every right to boo or not applaud when they feel justifyibly let down.

Lets all clap our way into the first division, sub 5k crowds, lets all applaud our useless manager, under performing players, and our bizarre chief executive.

I think the clapping of Stack was more than justified.

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar

When Griffiths and Stevenson came to warm up in front of the FF stand i clapped as always when they go round the corner flag to where they warm up. The guy in front turned round to look at me, then faced the front doing a sarcastic clap to the other guy next to him. Same guys that didn't celebrate when Chris Hogg scored v Killie cause they don't like him...........btw
    There were plenty of pr*cks just like this in the East yesterday as well.

It's these morons that make ER a horrid place to be right now. Not the gantin fitba.

I've supported Hibs through plenty of rough times but never do I remember there being so many idiots shouting so much counter productive abuse at the players and their fellow Hibbies.

It's these choobs that make me not want to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricla View Post
    There were plenty of pr*cks just like this in the East yesterday as well.

It's these morons that make ER a horrid place to be right now. Not the gantin fitba.

I've supported Hibs through plenty of rough times but never do I remember there being so many idiots shouting so much counter productive abuse at the players and their fellow Hibbies.

It's these choobs that make me not want to go back.
    Please do NOT stop going to ER . . . Can you imagine how much worse the place would be if it were only full of these QUOTE 'Supporters' we just need to drown them out with encouragement to the players when they start hurling their bile!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Lets all stay behind and applaud everyone after every game, because everythings so bloody great at our club right now.
    I am genuinley shocked that anybody would want to applaud that pathetic excuse for a team or manager especially given a display such as yesterdays.

To the people who were applauding, can I ask what it was you were actually applauding? And to the supporters who think clapping at the players regardless of result & display makes them more of a supporter, get a grip and realise that anyone who is paying to watch that rubbish week in week out is loyal supporter and they have every right to boo or not applaud when they feel justifyibly let down.

Lets all clap our way into the first division, sub 5k crowds, lets all applaud our useless manager, under performing players, and our bizarre chief executive.
    Well if going into the first division means we get rid of the idiots who boo and abuse the players maybe it's a punishment worth taking . . . anyone can be a 'fair weather' supporter hence the reason Celtic & Rangers have so many supporters from all over the country as for me i'll continue to support the Hibees win, lose or draw!!!

So you will happily applaud that rubbish every week?

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar
    Well if going into the first division means we get rid of the idiots who boo and abuse the players maybe it's a punishment worth taking . . . anyone can be a 'fair weather' supporter hence the reason Celtic & Rangers have so many supporters from all over the country as for me i'll continue to support the Hibees win, lose or draw!!!
    Behave Aunty Joyce. A punishment worth taking? have a word wi yersell,the club cant afford to take the drop.

But i can rest assured you will be the only "fair weather" supporter clapping us into division 1.
    The fans are staying away in droves,and rightly so.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    What a load of absolute nonsense though your lack of posts over the last 3 years suggests you may be an infiltrator. I didn`t clap the players off yesterday as I only do that when they deserve it. I didn`t boo them off either , I just got up of my seat and went home, pretty downhearted I may add. People around me near the tunnel did which surprised me but that is up to them.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar

Uberfan alert....

Fair weather fan? Hahahahaha, I think you will find anyone who is still going to watch that current excuse for a team and manager is a loyal supporter, just because they dont applaud that rubbish doesnt make them any less of a supporter. And just because I dont happily clap my way through watching complete disasters of ninety minutes does not mean I abuse players either..

Of course i dont want to see my team in the First Division but neither do i want to witness the recent hostile atmosphere at Easter Rd and think it is absolutely shocking. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and the world would be a very boring place if we were all the same but i would like someone to explain what positive they think can come out of abusing our players during the game?