hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should CC stay or go?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay

30 12.05%
  • Go

219 87.95%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

CC - stay or go?

Might as well find out the opinion of everyone so far.

2. Log in to remove the advert

bye bye

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar
    Go

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Stay, until the Chairman says it is time to go. If we give RP the opportunity to say that the manager has been hooked because of pressure from the supporters then we will never get out of this vicious circle.

First Team Breakthrough Rossco1875's Avatar
    i voted to stay but just until christmas then if results havent changed get a new man in before the transfer window.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i voted to stay but just until christmas then if results havent changed get a new man in before the transfer window.

he should have been emptied long since.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 15-10-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    He should have been sacked at the end of last season, if the new board Fife Hyland and whoever is in charge now don’t get their act together and sack this guy next week were are relegated and the season tickets next season will be about 2000 - if we are lucky.
    Do they read this forum and get the feelings of the fans or are they just a bunch of amateurs trying to run a football club

Go.

But the board are a serious concern in my eyes too. I read interviews with John Henry in the Guardian last week and he brings in the right people at his clubs to make the sporting decisions ON the field. We do not have this. What are Scott Lindsay's qualifications to be director of football operations?
    Last edited by TheEastTerrace; 15-10-2011 at 08:05 PM.

I was one of the VERY few folk who really criticized CC's appointment and all he has done is prove my judgement rights again as usual ().

So, in short, go now CC. And whoever appointed him and decided he was worth turning down £300k for in the summer should go as well. They've probably cost Hibs a couple of million over the last year through lost revenue, never mind the amount that will have to be spent repairing the damage that's been done.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Should have gone in the summer. Empty the clown.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Should have gone in the summer. Empty the clown.
    I never ever thought I'd ever see those words from you

Where are we going at the moment? We are just listing, going nowhere.

Calderwood has to be the worst manager we have had since Jim Duffy,give him the boot NOW!!!

Has to be a rigorous change in the club, not just the manager...

A couple of months ago I voted in a poll on here for CC to go. I was angry...in fact I was raging.

Now, I don't care enough to vote. I'm no longer angry. I'm simply fed up and that's bad news for the club.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby D View Post
    A couple of months ago I voted in a poll on here for CC to go. I was angry...in fact I was raging.

Now, I don't care enough to vote. I'm no longer angry. I'm simply fed up and that's bad news for the club.
    Feel exactly the same way right now

I'd love to hear from those that want him to stay how they can justify their decision.

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar

This.

Sad, sad times...

He needs to go.

Can't vote since i'm posting on my iPod but I've had enough; little improvement, uninspiring signings, poor quality of football.......

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Can't think of one positive attribute he has brought us. Just unbelievable to think we could have got rid and cashed in. Please just go.

I honestly don't know. I feel so fed up (like a lot of people it would seem) that all the passion is being slowly drained from me as the weeks go on. I desperately wanted him to do well, as with all Hibby managers, but it just feels like we're treading water. Every season now is like bloody ground hog day. And to top it all not only are we playing awful football the players appear to live in parallel universe where not trying will improve the situation. They come across as having no fight or steel. (admittedly, that might be unfair cos i've only seen them twice this season and rely on hibs radio and bbc). But I think I've just typed myself into forming an opinion! It just doesn't seem to be happening for Colin at hibs. Perhaps it's time for him to go. Perhaps it was a ridiculous decision by the board not to allow him to leave in the summer. What a mess.

Theres a name, what about Paul Sturrock? It strikes me that the guy has done aright down south and he may be a good shout. To be fair only over the last few weeks have I seen what job he has done at Southend and got me thinking he hasn't donee that bad moving down there.

I had enough of him weeks ago.....

@hibs.net private member Don Giovanni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    Might as well find out the opinion of everyone so far.
    I was reluctant to start a poll but 90% against is pretty damning. CC has now had a whole year, two transfer windows (in which he's been able to ship out the majority of the previous squad and replace with his own team) and has taken us to a point off bottom after the first round of games. Im not sure we're worse but I'm certain that we are no better since his arrival. It's not good enough. Time to go...

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Saw that Notts Forest paid 250k for a manager from another championship side. We turned down more than that for CC when he was wanted as an assistant. The logic behind that shows how divorced from football reality, the big hitters at our club are. IMO Petrie and Calderwood come as one package if one goes, then both go. This season is write-off already but the method and direction of the policy makers is not working. The criteria for Calderwood to be sacked has to come from the Chairman alone, and also that his contributory negligence is such that he has to say he has reached the end of his own shelf-life. With this appointment, Petrie has put himself firmly on the hook.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
    I was reluctant to start a poll but 90% against is pretty damning. CC has now had a whole year, two transfer windows (in which he's been able to ship out the majority of the previous squad and replace with his own team) and has taken us to a point off bottom after the first round of games. Im not sure we're worse but I'm certain that we are no better since his arrival. It's not good enough. Time to go...
    As the good Don knows I actually was a big CC fan as an assistant at the toon I thought he was very instrumental in bringing them back to prem. But even now I concede the man has to go. No sign of improvement and even the good signings are looking average in a team which couldnt care.

@hibs.net private member
    I've thought long and hard over this and it's time to go for CC IMO

I thought it was worth persisting with him in the summer as the club desperately needed continuity at the helm - he's now had the chance to rebuild over a summer and a winter transfer window and the team he's put together is patently not delivering. We've played every team in the league now while hosting many of our weaker oponents at ER - we as a support have every right to EXPECT a better league position at this stage.

I would say he's now been given ample oportunity and has failed to deliver - time to give someone else a crack at what should be considered one of the plum jobs in Scotish football. Michael O'Neill would be my first choice - a guy with strong links to Hibs who has shown genuine promise in his managerial career so far - don't let the grass grow under yer feet would be my advice to the board!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I think he should go, i'd imagine you all know that. A big problem we have is this board, the present incumbents have backed themselves into a corner.

When they could have recieved money for him, they declined. Now to get rid, he will want compo, any new manager if he's employed by another club, will want compo.

So when we appoint this new man, will he have any funds?

Would the new man come under these conditions?

There's a lot of questions, and this present Hibs board need to come up with the answers pronto.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Still sticking with my "give him to Christmas" stance. If we're still languishing in the nether regions of the SPL with no signs of significant improvement then I will likely change my mind.

A couple of months ago I voted in a poll on here for CC to go. I was angry...in fact I was raging.Now, I don't care enough to vote. I'm no longer angry. I'm simply fed up and that's bad news for the club.
    HD, it comes across quite clearly in a lot of your posts the level of your affection for Hibs, when people like yourself are saying this and it would seem the numbers are increasing on a weekly basis its surely time for the club to take notice. I feel exactly the same way myself.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 16-10-2011 at 05:39 PM.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Sacking Calderwood should be Petries last task at Hibernian, he has to go too..