hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

nottingham job (McClaren Resigns As Forest Manager)

Is free so hopefully taxi for calderwood

2. Log in to remove the advert

Can we start a collection to pay for his :

If he goes for it it could mean some compensation for us

if only, but i doubt that Forrest would re-hire someone that they had previously sacked.

I would be like us re-hiring Duffy

Rules out any chance of CC going there - certainly won't be manager.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    They wanted him as assistant so they would re hire him, dont see many high profile managers wanting that job so you never know, stranger things have happened

I agree with RicheyWhite

This makes it less likely. They are not going to appoint him as manager, and whoever comes in will have their own assistant.

It looks like McClaren has resigned because his chairman wouldn't spend money the club didn't have.

Good.

"He was upset at not being able to secure two Premiership players on loan terms. The chairman felt the wages would be too high."
    Last edited by Mikey; 02-10-2011 at 07:18 PM.

@hibs.net private member rubber mal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They wanted him as assistant so they would re hire him, dont see many high profile managers wanting that job so you never know, stranger things have happened
    I think it was McLaren specifically who wanted him as assistant. Really don't think Forest would be paying to get a manager they previously paid to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber mal View Post
    I think it was McLaren specifically who wanted him as assistant. Really don't think Forest would be paying to get a manager they previously paid to get rid of.
    Indeed. The speculation will just kick off again as soon as McClaren gets another job.

Dave Jones surely?

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    I'm a believer.....

Havent they got a funny setup down there as in its a committee that agree to release funds for the manager?

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Hibs did CC a favour not letting him go to Forest. He'd be caretaker at the most and would then be sacked.

For better or worse we're stuck with Calderwood for a while yet.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew the Hibee View Post
    Dave Jones surely?
    Peter Reid?

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mon the Hibs View Post
    if only, but i doubt that Forrest would re-hire someone that they had previously sacked.

I would be like us re-hiring Duffy
    Thanks mate i just spat my tea all over the screen Duffy ???????

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    looks like Schteeve has left them in the schit. Hired to take Forest into another division, but has missed something in the detail no doubt? Whereas there is always a poinr to be made about the principles of what was promised when, Norwich skooshing right through with a Division One team and Blackpool doing much the same shows that it is not all about bodies on 30 or 40k a week. Funny too that out of the teams at the top of the Championship, two are first division teams and Boro are have now been told that the big buck wage packets are in the past.

petrie already missed his chance to get rid, 1 of many wrong decisions made by the numpty running our club !!

Calderwood here until it costs money for us to sak him, blame petrie (will be hard for some no doubt !!)

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Well, they're my English team so hoping we get someone sensible in.

Hibs take priority though so I'd quite happily see CC **** off and Hibs to benefit, but tbh McLaren was never going toget big wages, he's clearly taken the piss here and he can't **** off far enough as far as I'm concerned.

First Team Regular Haggis Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    Is free so hopefully taxi for calderwood
    AYE good thinking just as we start to improve

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    looks like Schteeve has left them in the schit. Hired to take Forest into another division, but has missed something in the detail no doubt? Whereas there is always a poinr to be made about the principles of what was promised when, Norwich skooshing right through with a Division One team and Blackpool doing much the same shows that it is not all about bodies on 30 or 40k a week. Funny too that out of the teams at the top of the Championship, two are first division teams and Boro are have now been told that the big buck wage packets are in the past.
    it

It was CH At BC Who offered the 300k AMc Wanted it RP Said 500K And he is yours NF I am told did not want to go more than 300k.

Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    petrie already missed his chance to get rid, 1 of many wrong decisions made by the numpty running our club !!

Calderwood here until it costs money for us to sak him, blame petrie (will be hard for some no doubt !!)
    And what will you be saying if the recent upturn in events on the pitch is the start of something good? Will you still be critical of RP for not taking the cash in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    And what will you be saying if the recent upturn in events on the pitch is the start of something good? Will you still be critical of RP for not taking the cash in the summer?
    So CC, a man who led Forest into **** then for the best part of a year does the same to Hibs only turns it around when an arse kicking assistant comes in (who speaks in interviews like a manager, of getting in a winning mentality etc)?

It's not a coincidence - the positive change we're seeing is 100% the work of Billy Brown. If he hadn't come in, we'd have lost the last few games, absolutely no doubt in the back of my mind.

BB is Hibs manager in all but name IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Fair point. lets wait and see

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    So CC, a man who led Forest into **** then for the best part of a year does the same to Hibs only turns it around when an arse kicking assistant comes in (who speaks in interviews like a manager, of getting in a winning mentality etc)?

It's not a coincidence - the positive change we're seeing is 100% the work of Billy Brown. If he hadn't come in, we'd have lost the last few games, absolutely no doubt in the back of my mind.

BB is Hibs manager in all but name IMO.

I remember we used to think the same when Tommy Craig was assistant to John Blackley.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    As news broke about Shteve, the Forest shtaff are shaid to be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    I remember we used to think the same when Tommy Craig was assistant to John Blackley.
    Thing is, I watched CC demolish Forest. He struggled to take us out of the third tier with a team that should have strolled it, who were playing eye-bleeding football.

When he left, was quite chuffed.

When we signed him for Hibs, I was willing to entertain that he could have learned his lesson, and learned from his time as assistant at Newcastle. I supported him into the summer, hoping he'd look back on his negative experiences with hoofball, and the positive experiences as Newcastle assistant.

The amount of time it took him to say he was definately a Hibee during the whole Birmingam/Forest rumours were going about was a pisstake, and the football that we (Hibees) played before BB arrived was indicitave of his time at Forest - if not worse.

We could be even better without CC, and even if we have to take a bit of time finding a replacement, we've clearly got a good interim manager in BB - if not a potential manager in the making.

I've experienced CC's brand of football for long enough to know he's not turned this club around, someone else has.

Thing is, I watched CC demolish Forest. He struggled to take us out of the third tier with a team that should have strolled it, who were playing eye-bleeding football.

Pretty much what Celtic fans say about Mowbray yet we view him differently. Opinions eh

If I was a Forest fan I would be more concerned about Doughty leaving especialy if he wants his £60m back.

The amount of time it took him to say he was definately a Hibee during the whole Birmingam/Forest rumours were going about was a pisstake, and the football that we (Hibees) played before BB arrived was indicitave of his time at Forest - if not worse.
    I seem to recall that he didnt say much so he was being given a kicking for what he didnt say. Hibs overall said very little but, for the avoidance of doubt, let me say he is not a hibee. BB arriving appears to be a good thing but the confusing bit is , we were told by those ITK, that CC was not allowed an assistant. Now he has one, and one that he appears to know quite well, we are now told that all the improvements are down to BB's arrival and nothing to do with the work that has gone on over many months previous.

Notts Forest remind me of Aberdeen, both provincial clubs who have had success in europe while under the guidance of top managers but have been in steady decline for years now while the fans still think they are better than they are in the grand scheme of things

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    Notts Forest remind me of Aberdeen, both provincial clubs who have had success in europe while under the guidance of top managers but have been in steady decline for years now while the fans still think they are better than they are in the grand scheme of things
    Cracker lovl Where does that leave us then "in the scheme of things"?

What Shteve did at Twente was unbelievable. Breaking the big clubs stranglehold in
    Holland was the equivalent of taking Hibs Hearts or Aberdeen to the title here.

Heres clearly a bit of a twat in some ways but hes definitely got something.