hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ian Murray

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar

Ian Murray

Thought it was funny when he went down got booed got up and started clapping the Huns sarcastically Also seen him kiss the badge to them, no matter what you think of him the passion is there. One Ian Murray.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    He played well today . He is limited as a footballer but always tries

Testimonial Due
    There is always one that cant resist having a shot at his ability.

Looked like he took a dull one and is never one that will stay down, again showed his committment to get back and IMO played brilliantly today. If we had another 10 with that commitment we would be a far better team.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think he's been good since being shifted to centre half. He's much more effective there than at centre-mid or left back, and as mentioned, it's taken a bit of heat off of Hanlon, who has been much better at left back than he has at centre half.

The good thing about Murray at CH is he's not found out for pace nearly as often as elsewhere, and he can clearly read the game well as his covering and positioning has been good since playing at CH as well.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Thought he had his best game in a long time today Much better at the back.

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought it was funny when he went down got booed got up and started clapping the Huns sarcastically Also seen him kiss the badge to them, no matter what you think of him the passion is there. One Ian Murray.
    yip i recall him kissing the rangers badge when he left as well

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think he's been good since being shifted to centre half. He's much more effective there than at centre-mid or left back, and as mentioned, it's taken a bit of heat off of Hanlon, who has been much better at left back than he has at centre half.

The good thing about Murray at CH is he's not found out for pace nearly as often as elsewhere, and he can clearly read the game well as his covering and positioning has been good since playing at CH as well.
    CH is unfortunately last chance saloon for Nid, he no longer can play midfield or left back.

I think the remainder of his contract will see him at CH.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    CH is unfortunately last chance saloon for Nid, he no longer can play midfield or left back.

Thought he was one of our best players when he was playing at CM, and played well at LB which would imply he can still play in both those positions as well as CH and consistantly perform for us. He has played in three different positions already this season, each time chasing round the deficient areas in the team and doing more than just a job at each time. Him and O'Hanlon were fantastic today. And I think at times some fans should be a little more grateful that we have a player like that, which thinks about the clubs first rather than ones that are constantly up the town, throwing tracksuits about, turning up late, and having a huffy fit each time they are taken off.

How long has he got ? to be fair its time for him to go down a league to maybee a Falkirk or Dundee type team next season.
    We need fresh fit young players to move forward.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nortonhibby View Post
    yip i recall him kissing the rangers badge when he left as well
    Did he, can't recall that?

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    Thought he was one of our best players when he was playing at CM, and played well at LB which would imply he can still play in both those positions as well as CH and consistantly perform for us. He has played in three different positions already this season, each time chasing round the deficient areas in the team and doing more than just a job at each time. Him and O'Hanlon were fantastic today. And I think at times some fans should be a little more grateful that we have a player like that, which thinks about the clubs first rather than ones that are constantly up the town, throwing tracksuits about, turning up late, and having a huffy fit each time they are taken off.
    I agree. We should appreciate him more.

Tell him I said that when you are round washing his car tomorrow.

You're very consistent in lauding Murray every time he plays so thats not really a surprise.

The way it looks to me is he's given himself a reprieve now by having a couple of good games at centreback, and if he continues to play well there then great, credit to both Ian and the manager for giving him the chance there. But lets be honest, hes finished as a full back. A blind man tied up in a sack at the bottom of a mine with no interest in football could see that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post

Neither do I.

@hibs.net private member

He's always preferred playing elsewhere but I have always felt that CH is his best position. He dosent think so though.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    You're very consistent in lauding Murray every time he plays so thats not really a surprise.

The way it looks to me is he's given himself a reprieve now by having a couple of good games at centreback, and if he continues to play well there then great, credit to both Ian and the manager for giving him the chance there. But lets be honest, hes finished as a full back. A blind man tied up in a sack at the bottom of a mine with no interest in football could see that.
    Did you think that during the motherwell game? Or the Dundee Utd game, be honest over the duration of the entire game?

I was at both those games, and that did not appear to be the case, anything but. So let be honest, in your opinion (based on the fact I assume you were at these games) then you dont think he is good enough there. We have a management team that has a view that is a lot more worthy or yours that would differ in opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    To be fair it was against the PBS Shelter mob in an easy win

Did you think that during the motherwell game? Or the Dundee Utd game, be honest over the duration of the entire game?

I was at both those games, and that did not appear to be the case, anything but. So let be honest, in your opinion (based on the fact I assume you were at these games) then you dont think he is good enough there. We have a management team that has a view that is a lot more worthy or yours that would differ in opinion.
    No, we have a management team that have moved him OUT of that position (the reason why is fairly obvious; most SPL players have had him for toast there for quite a while) and moved him into a NEW position where his lack of pace is not so exposed.

Testimonial Due
    No, we have a management team that have moved him OUT of that position (the reason why is fairly obvious; most SPL players have had him for toast there for quite a while) and moved him into a NEW position where his lack of pace is not so exposed.
    I will take that as you saw neither game, if that is the case then you are not basing your opinion on anything other than......well nothing.

The most recent of the two games it was pretty evident that Utd moved to putting everything at the right side of our defense after attempting down the left and failing, that of course being where both their goals came from.

OP made a good attempt at trying to pull out something quite positive from today...well dont for the negative hijack I am sure it comes pretty naturally to you.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    To be fair it was against the PBS Shelter mob in an easy win
    Didn't happen. Links to messsageboards or photo please. Proof that this happened. Go on I bet you cant.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I don rate murray but even i thought he played well today.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I don rate murray bit even
    He was decent the day to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    He's always preferred playing elsewhere but I have always felt that CH is his best position. He dosent think so though.
    I`ve thought that for a while too, that it is his best position. Unfortunately Hanlon has been poor at CH for a while now and I thought Murray should have been there weeks ago.

I will take that as you saw neither game, if that is the case then you are not basing your opinion on anything other than......well nothing.

The most recent of the two games it was pretty evident that Utd moved to putting everything at the right side of our defense after attempting down the left and failing, that of course being where both their goals came from.

OP made a good attempt at trying to pull out something quite positive from today...well dont for the negative hijack I am sure it comes pretty naturally to you.
    You are a funny old bird I dont generally do negativity, but feel free to develop a new feud with me since blackpool isnt around. I was at dundee utd and watched motherwell on the box. Im a season ticket holder and dont really need to take lessons on what im allowed to have an opinion on, thanks. I am objective about the team; if Murray is playing well, im delighted, if hes having a 'mare ill point it out.

Lets be honest, you have become a bit of a laughing stock for the massive man-love you are clearly carrying for Ian. If he burgled your house you'd probably apologise for the state of the place before asking for his autograph.

Hide under
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Didn't happen. Links to messsageboards or photo please. Proof that this happened. Go on I bet you cant.
    You are RP I know it

Prove you are not RP ?

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    As much as I like Nid he was moved to left back from midfield because he wasn't playing well.

Similarly after giving the ball away constantly against Dundee Utd and Motherwell it was obvious that he wasn't going to be playing at left back any longer.

He actually identified either last season or the season before that by playing in centre defence he could play longer so its no surprise he's there now.

The man gives everything and I wish every player would give as much as him but he is nearly done, through no fault of his own I may add.

You are a funny old bird I dont generally do negativity, but feel free to develop a new feud with me since blackpool isnt around. I was at dundee utd and watched motherwell on the box. Im a season ticket holder and dont really need to take lessons on what im allowed to have an opinion on, thanks. I am objective about the team; if Murray is playing well, im delighted, if hes having a 'mare ill point it out.

Lets be honest, you have become a bit of a laughing stock for the massive man-love you are clearly carrying for Ian. If he burgled your house you'd probably apologise for the state of the place before asking for his autograph.
    hahaha murray has been pish for a long time, and I have said so. Today he played well and I don't mind saying so. I hope I am saying it more often.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Prove you are not RP ?
    I am not claiming to be RP. I don't need to prove anything. You are claiming Murray kissed the Rangers badge. Prove it.

I am not claiming to be RP. I don't need to prove anything. You are claiming Murray kissed the Rangers badge. Prove it.
    Found out Tache prove it ?

I don't think he kissed their badge, but he did give us the finger.