hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough

Scotland tickets for Spain game

Looking (ever more desperately) for a ticket (well, four actually) for the Spain game in Alicante a week on Tuesday. Can any fellow Hibby (or, for that matter, anyone) help? We are well-behaved one-away-trip-a-year fans who have been scuppered by the ludicrous number of SFA 'points' required for this game. Thanks in advance for all (polite) replies.....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Why is it ludicrous? Demand far outstrips supply, so, why shouldn't the folk who make more than 1 away trip a year get first refusal on the limited number of tickets? Good luck in your quest, but, I wouldn't hold out much hope!
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 03-10-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Bad spelling!

Yeah i think it is fair that people who go to many away games get first refusal, especially for the big games.

no the SFA's fault that they only got 1500 tickets,youve had ample oppertunities to go to away games & amass "points" that gets you the golden ticket

First Team Breakthrough
    Thanks for everyone's positive and supporting replies... to be clear (and sorry if I wasn't originally) I wasn't slagging off the general points allocation system, I was commenting on the fact that for this particular game you need something like 5 or 6 points. We have 3 or 4 (I forget precisely) which we thought would be enough, but as it turned out, it's not.

Any other helpful replies about getting tickets would be warmly welcomed....

Quote Originally Posted by davidw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for everyone's positive and supporting replies... to be clear (and sorry if I wasn't originally) I wasn't slagging off the general points allocation system, I was commenting on the fact that for this particular game you need something like 5 or 6 points. We have 3 or 4 (I forget precisely) which we thought would be enough, but as it turned out, it's not.

Any other helpful replies about getting tickets would be warmly welcomed....
    Go to more away games

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Are you all not being a little bit harsh on the guy here??? Hes only asking if theres any chance of tickets for the game and in his opinion the points system is rubbish as not everone can afford to go to every Scotland away game.

Dress like somebody on a shortbread tin, expose yourself to all and sundry and don't give a toss about the actual result.

That would be a start anyway.

wondered when the "we hate the Tartan Army" brigade would come calling, every time without fail the saddos turn up with their pathetic anti TA comments. Its all getting a bit worn now, same old record, shortbread tin, flashing erses, not bothered about the result just there for the beer blablablabla....blablabla but they cannae help themselves.
    good luck in getting tickets ticket mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    wondered when the "we hate the Tartan Army" brigade would come calling, every time without fail the saddos turn up with their pathetic anti TA comments. Its all getting a bit worn now, same old record, shortbread tin, flashing erses, not bothered about the result just there for the beer blablablabla....blablabla but they cannae help themselves.
    good luck in getting tickets ticket mate.
    Oh aye and be ridiculously over sensitive too.

@hibs.net private member
    Go onto taboard.com and select travel, then the spain game there is a thread titled home end tickets and I have been following it waiting for the Spanish to have their general sale. The T's are now on sale online, there was 2K T's available earlier.

Post number 490 shows how to go via facebook to buy T's.

Good luck, I got two, plenty folk have been buying them up

Hi mate,tickets over here are going for Ģ109 (face value Ģ35) you could try here
    http://www.ticket4football.com/euro-...1-tickets.aspx
    I live 45 minute drive from Alicante so i will just go and watch the match either on the big screens in the city (if they put them up) or watch it in a bar.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyh View Post
    Go onto taboard.com and select travel, then the spain game there is a thread titled home end tickets and I have been following it waiting for the Spanish to have their general sale. The T's are now on sale online, there was 2K T's available earlier.

Post number 490 shows how to go via facebook to buy T's.

Good luck, I got two, plenty folk have been buying them up
    Tickets easily available here as you say, ordered mine this morning 30 EUR, everyone who wants a ticket should get one.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Got my tickets from the above website. absolutely buzzing.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Dress like somebody on a shortbread tin, expose yourself to all and sundry and don't give a toss about the actual result.

That would be a start anyway.
    I'm curious, which away game were you at when you witnessed this behaviour?

First Team Breakthrough
    Got tickets - thanks to everyone (esp. Kenny) for their help. Much appreciated.

I even forgive the unhelpful earlier replies......

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    got myself 9 tickets this morning me and my travelling party right next to the Scotland support, as like yourself I cannot finance more then 2/3 away trips a year/18 months.
    The points system is fair and if im honest is brilliant. I dont have any gripes for the games that i do attend to that i cant get a ticket for, i have always got in the home end.

Home end tickets can be bought here (click on the 20.45 button):
    http://www.servicaixa.com/nav/es/deportes/alicante-alacant/estadio_rico_perez_3400/espanya_-_escocia/index.html?utm_campaign=facebook&utm_source=facebo ok.com&utm_medium=espa%C3%B1avsescocia&CODIUSU=E00 1FB09

Most of the TA in the home end have aimed for Fonde sur but it appears to be sold out. aim for as close to that as possible.

http://taboard.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132031&pid=2004121&st=690&#ent ry2004121

Hibernian Football Club

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblingJack View Post
    Hi mate,tickets over here are going for Ģ109 (face value Ģ35) you could try here
    http://www.ticket4football.com/euro-...1-tickets.aspx
    I live 45 minute drive from Alicante so i will just go and watch the match either on the big screens in the city (if they put them up) or watch it in a bar.

ticket touts mate. Official retailer below. Hardly any tickets left mind you

http://www.servicaixa.com/nav/es/deportes/alicante-alacant/estadio_rico_perez_3400/espanya_-_escocia/index.html?utm_campaign=facebook&utm_source=facebo ok.com&utm_medium=espaņavsescocia&CODIUSU=E001FB09

E
    DIT: only 790 left
    Hibernian Football Club