hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sproule...

Sproule...

What's he up to spitting the dummy gettinng subbed?

Defo threw his tracky away when taken off and possibly had a growl at Calderwood.

Give yersel a shake man, you're not here to call the shots nor have a holiday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

His clearances in the lead up to the goal were abysmal and he can have no complaints about being hooked.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I hope he was frustrated to be subbed, I'd much rather we had players who genuinely wanted to be out on the pitch trying to make things happen. Nothing wrong with a bit of passion, IMHO.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

you never really know what a plyer is reacting to when they act like that after being subbed, disappointment or disagreement. i dont think there is anything wrong with being disappointed at being hooked but not acceptable to have a go at the bench in view of fans.

sproule got a roastin from BB at dunfermline when subbed too. the guys obviously got passion but needs to watch how it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope he was frustrated to be subbed, I'd much rather we had players who genuinely wanted to be out on the pitch trying to make things happen. Nothing wrong with a bit of passion, IMHO.
    Nowt wrong with it Matty but he looked like a fanny. They also have to be accountable.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Pahaha. Our best player by miles today, looked very threatening. Obviously pissed off at being subbed, so would I be. he's a passionate player, get over yourselves.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    Pahaha. Our best player by miles today, looked very threatening. Obviously pissed off at being subbed, so would I be. he's a passionate player, get over yourselves.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    I'm fine with him being passionate and I'd be angry too but he was at fault for the goal, about a minute after making the same error. I can see why he was taken off as Rangers were likely to leave less space in behind after taking the lead.

First Team Breakthrough superbam's Avatar
    Thought Sproule was decent today - looked dangerous enough and tracked back well. Dodgy clearance right enough but good performance all round - its a good sign that he gets pissed off when he is hooked, in his case it shows that he genuinely cares.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superbam View Post
    Thought Sproule was decent today - looked dangerous enough and tracked back well. Dodgy clearance right enough but good performance all round - its a good sign that he gets pissed off when he is hooked, in his case it shows that he genuinely cares.
    I thought he did some great cover work. Okay some clearances weren't perfect but he was there to clear the ball in the first place. He put in a good shift.

BTW, it's a team game, Ivan. You played your part well, no need to be annoyed at being subbed

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    I'm fine with him being passionate and I'd be angry too but he was at fault for the goal, about a minute after making the same error. I can see why he was taken off as Rangers were likely to leave less space in behind after taking the lead.
    He was at fault for there goal he cost us 2 points and deserved to be subbed.

@hibs.net private member hibsfan7's Avatar

Cool sproule

maybe he thinks he should score 3 goals at ibrox everytime he plays there

Testimonial Due
    He needs to have a word with himself. I hope for his sake that he was venting his frustrating at the team being down and him not scoring, rather than being annoyed because he was hooked. Would not like to think members of our management team had to spend time speaking to someone on the bench rather than speaking to the players on the pitch.

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Worked his socks off today IMHO.

It's good to see a player that is frustrated at coming off the pitch, however it needs to be channeled in the right way.

We all know that Ivan Sproule is an extremely passionate character and he wants to win and I would like to think that he was just annoyed at the way the game was going, rather than having a go at the management team for bringing him off.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Perhaps he was trying to copy what GOC did for him when a few years ago at Ibrox, GOC got subbed and spat out his dummy; Ivan went on to score 3
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    It's good to see a player that is frustrated at coming off the pitch, however it needs to be channeled in the right way.

We all know that Ivan Sproule is an extremely passionate character and he wants to win and I would like to think that he was just annoyed at the way the game was going, rather than having a go at the management team for bringing him off.
    Agree.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy View Post
    Does MENSA always block book the seats behind the away dugout at Ibrox then?

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nortonhibby View Post
    Absolute pash. Lafferty could have been marked better in the box and there's no way of telling whether or not Rangers would have scored at a later time had their goal been prevented.

But aye, let's pin the loss on a scapegoat as usual eh?

O dear!

Ivan had a good game. If all mistakes resulted in substitutions then our entire defence would have splinters in their backsides from the bench by now!

Love ivans passion and attitude and delighted he is back.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not half the player he was in his first spell. No doubt that he has passion and loves the club but I thought he would have at least had a final ball in him by now. Deffo not a Calderwood signing. Him and O'Connor would have been signed by petrie to keep the fans happy.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by just_joe View Post
    Not half the player he was in his first spell. No doubt that he has passion and loves the club but I thought he would have at least had a final ball in him by now. Deffo not a Calderwood signing. Him and O'Connor would have been signed by petrie to keep the fans happy.

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    What load of pysh!

Fantasy football right enough.We are so well off that we sign players just to keep the fans happy aye right.

Left by mutual consent!
    How do you know all this?

Appreciating the humour in your posting, intended I think...

I actually agree with you ! Ivan did cost us 2 points yesterday. Apart from his lousy clearance we were all over them, including their penalty ! Our brilliant strategy of giving them the ball constantly and allowing them numerous chances nearly succeeded and would have if not for his lousy clearance. And all the games he played down south, how many points did that cost us?

Ivan should remember, we picked him up from the gutter, put food on his table and this is how he repays us. Throws a fit when he is subbed. I have never seen a game so influenced by one bad clearance and a club's future placed in such a perilous position by a post substitution tantrum! Makes me ashamed to be an Hibernian !

Don't give up Ivan. Get them next time !!!

Main difference is...

We're not a tenth of the team we were under Mowbray !

Even if this were true about who signed them, I think CC will be happy with GOC's contribution and Sproule gives as much as any of CC's signings assuming he got to sign any of them.

I actually thought there was improvement yesterday and there were times when we looked somewhat composed on the ball, playing it out from the back. And O'Connor and Agogo could have caused them more problems with a slightly better service.

I am not deluding myself that we are anywhere near solid enough at the back but it looked better to me than the utter garbage I seen against Aberdeen a few weeks ago.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    What load of pysh!
    Just Joe never tells any lies mate. I never make up any rumours

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    His clearances in the lead up to the goal were abysmal and he can have no complaints about being hooked.
    Out to pasture here, but cant and wont accept it, he was great 4 years ago but he is a legend in his own mind bad signing IMO