hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i know we've not won the cup.. .

but just had a look through the **match updates** thread and when hibs went 2-1 down you've gotta admit some posters need to hang their head in shame.. i know at the time we're getting beat but the 'taxi for CC' posts etc need to stop

altho there's only a few cringy posts, even still.. if you've got enough time to call a taxi for CC, maybe you should get one to the game

2. Log in to remove the advert

Got to agree. I posted a reply to one of them. I'm sure they were all going mad like the rest of us at the end.
    Fantastic result well done to CC and the players.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by goofter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but just had a look through the **match updates** thread and when hibs went 2-1 down you've gotta admit some posters need to hang their head in shame.. i know at the time we're getting beat but the 'taxi for CC' posts etc need to stop

altho there's only a few cringy posts, even still.. if you've got enough time to call a taxi for CC, maybe you should get one to the game
    I'll hold my hands up as one of those posters, and to be fair I'm usually one of the happy clappers. The experiences of the last couple of years, watching numerous capitulations led to the frustration at chucking a goal lead by half time. I don't think those posts would have appeared if we'd been on anything like a decent bit of form recently.

Fair play to the team, absolutely delighted that they turned it around and got through, probably more elated with the way it eventually panned out than if we'd held onto a 1-0 win, to be honest, but that's what football's all about - the despair and the ecstacy.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I wasn't one of the posters you mention, but I'm going to back them anyway. Caldo's reign has been nothing short of a dire embarrassment to the club, and you can't blame people for thinking, at 1-2, that they'd seen it all before.

When you're Tom Kite fans will vent, when you're decent, and/or show courage and determination, they'll back you to the hilt. It's because they care.

Yes, some people jumped the gun, but given the groundhog day purgatory of the last six months and beyond, you can hardly blame them for that.

Rather than point fingers, its far better to leave it and acknowledge that this result and performance has given players, manager, club and fans a little but of traction - nothing more - to arrest this relentless downward slide, and therefore lets unite against United and play our part in ensuring that they do just that.

Coaching Staff

Away you go. I'm sure there were conversations along the same lines at the game. There were certainly reports on the same thread of booing and people arguing between each other.

Credit to the team for turning around what they had chucked away for another week, which at the end of the day was still a draw after 90 minutes.

When you have the record of CC and the players then that's what you get and until they properly turn it around consistently then they are going to be questioned.

You do know some of the people commenting on the thread do so from the game as well?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Away you go. I'm sure there were conversations along the same lines at the game. There were certainly reports on the same thread of booing and people arguing between each other.

Credit to the team for turning around what they had chucked away for another week, which at the end of the day was still a draw after 90 minutes.

When you have the record of CC and the players then that's what you get and until they properly turn it around consistently then they are going to be questioned.

You do know some of the people commenting on the thread do so from the game as well?
    Tend to agree was at the game and at 2-1 Motherwell were very much threatening to score another couple adn defensively the team were very poor. Half time came at the right time and ther performance was much better.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    but just had a look through the **match updates** thread and when hibs went 2-1 down you've gotta admit some postders need to hang their head in shame.. i know at the time we're getting beat but the 'taxi for CC' posts etc need to stop altho there's only a few cringy posts, even still.. if you've got enough time to call a taxi for CC, maybe you should get one to the game
    Bolt. A win on penalties and a semi-decent performance does not make up for 18 months of torturous hoofball. It does however seemed to have papered over the cracks in the eyes of some. CC's time is stil up IMO.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo

Perhaps the comments you refer too are from guys like me who are not taken it with one result and will wait to see what the next few weeks bring.

Perhaps the guys you refer too were at the Pars game saturday and seen us chuck a 2 goal lead away.

Why does the taxi for CC replies need to stop because if we lose the next 4-5 games there will be more people calling for Calderwoods head.

lets wait and see what the next few games bring and lets enjoy this victory because it's been a while since we won.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    Bolt. A win on penalties and a semi-decent performance does not make up for 18 months of torturous hoofball. It does however seemed to have papered over the cracks in the eyes of some. CC's time is stil up IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by hibiedude View Post
    Perhaps the comments you refer too are from guys like me who are not taken it with one result and will wait to see what the next few weeks bring.

Perhaps the guys you refer too were at the Pars game saturday and seen us chuck a 2 goal lead away.

Why does the taxi for CC replies need to stop because if we lose the next 4-5 games there will be more people calling for Calderwoods head.

lets wait and see what the next few games bring and lets enjoy this victory because it's been a while since we won.
    By default, because I wasn't listening to the game, I didn't express my displeasure, but I support those who did. I was at East End Park on Saturday and was disgusted at the way they handed the game to Dunfermline and a repeat of that was on the cards last night. No wonder some folk thought, 'here we go again'. Last night's result goes nowhere near papering over the cracks. Calderwood is still useless and I can't wait to see the back of him.

so what is it ive said that has annoyed you? the fact my post is could be taken as positive towards CC or the fact that i may have called you fickle?

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    By default, because I wasn't listening to the game, I didn't express my displeasure, but I support those who did. I was at East End Park on Saturday and was disgusted at the way they handed the game to Dunfermline and a repeat of that was on the cards last night. No wonder some folk thought, 'here we go again'. Last night's result goes nowhere near papering over the cracks. Calderwood is still useless and I can't wait to see the back of him.
    Jim, a lot of people think they way you do and good on them for saying so but I hope the Billy Brown effect is starting to kick in because he has the knowledge about scottish football and football in general that Calderwood lacks.

Any improvement in the team will go to BB because CC has been dire for some time.

Blog Entries
    Jim, a lot of people think they way you do and good on them for saying so but I hope the Billy Brown effect is starting to kick in because he has the knowledge about scottish football and football in general that Calderwood lacks.

Any improvement in the team will go to BB because CC has been dire for some time.
    Fair comment. Your last observation reflects what I was thinking but if it's true, how long can Calderwood live in the 'limelight' and 'shadow' of his No.2? If they can build up a mutually agreeable and 'respectful' working relationship which turns us around, I'll be delighted. They don't have much time 'tho.

@hibs.net private member Don Giovanni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I wasn't one of the posters you mention, but I'm going to back them anyway. Caldo's reign has been nothing short of a dire embarrassment to the club, and you can't blame people for thinking, at 1-2, that they'd seen it all before. When you're Tom Kite fans will vent, when you're decent, and/or show courage and determination, they'll back you to the hilt. It's because they care. Yes, some people jumped the gun, but given the groundhog day purgatory of the last six months and beyond, you can hardly blame them for that.Rather than point fingers, its far better to leave it and acknowledge that this result and performance has given players, manager, club and fans a little but of traction - nothing more - to arrest this relentless downward slide, and therefore lets unite against United and play our part in ensuring that they do just that.
    Delighted with the win last night in what was a tough draw but wins against Dundee United & St. Johnstone would be far more important IMO. Let's see how we perform in those games and take it from there. CC & BB still have a lot of work to do...

I think it is only normal for fans to try to vent some of their emotion on the messageboard, especially the way the game was going at 1-2 and having to rely on Chic Young for updates while Preston screamed over him with total nonsense.

To come on and try to act all high and mighty above people getting worked up over the game makes you look like a bit of a knob to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'll hold my hands up as one of those posters, and to be fair I'm usually one of the happy clappers. The experiences of the last couple of years, watching numerous capitulations led to the frustration at chucking a goal lead by half time. I don't think those posts would have appeared if we'd been on anything like a decent bit of form recently.

Fair play to the team, absolutely delighted that they turned it around and got through, probably more elated with the way it eventually panned out than if we'd held onto a 1-0 win, to be honest, but that's what football's all about - the despair and the ecstacy.
    I dont think you have anything to reproach yourself for Matty, most of us were thinking the same thing. In my opionion you are one of the fairest and most loyal suppourters on the boards, so chin-up mate and keep smiling.

We're not starting to blame Calderwood for seven months of piss-poor performances under Hughes now, are we?

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    We're not starting to blame Calderwood for seven months of piss-poor performances under Hughes now, are we?
    Apologies, that's an error on my part. We've only actually had to endure 12 months of 'football' that has made us want to gouge our eyes out from Calderwood, and we've only had to put up with his downright shambolic view on how a defence should be selected and set up. And only since last year when he was appointed have we all had to enjoy having a tactically inept buffoon at the helm. He doesn't know his best side despite yhe fact it is HIS team, he can't set his side up, we're easy to beat and the opposition pinpoint and exploit these frailties from the kick-off. Get him tae ****.

Coaching Staff
    so what is it ive said that has annoyed you? the fact my post is could be taken as positive towards CC or the fact that i may have called you fickle?
    Eh?

A 2-2 draw against Motherwell after a year of abysmal results and performances won't stop me saying for CC.

I'll hold my hands up as one of those posters, and to be fair I'm usually one of the happy clappers.
    cough .. splutter .. err., bl**dy founder member mare like!

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post

Apologies, that's an error on my part. We've only actually had to endure 12 months of 'football' that has made us want to gouge our eyes out from Calderwood, and we've only had to put up with his downright shambolic view on how a defence should be selected and set up. And only since last year when he was appointed have we all had to enjoy having a tactically inept buffoon at the helm. He doesn't know his best side despite yhe fact it is HIS team, he can't set his side up, we're easy to beat and the opposition pinpoint and exploit these frailties from the kick-off. Get him tae ****.
    No been easy to beat in the last 3 and was it 'hoofball' last night?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithBoozy View Post
    I dont think you have anything to reproach yourself for Matty, most of us were thinking the same thing. In my opionion you are one of the fairest and most loyal suppourters on the boards, so chin-up mate and keep smiling.
    Cheers bud!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quality honest post Matty.

Isn't the time to get behind the team when they go 1 down rather than 1 up?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post

What they said. I've been stuck in the house with a tummy bug and watched the Leeds-Man U game last night, with ten-minute checks on the Hibs score. When Well equalised, I expected them to score again. When they did, I expected a collapse, or at best desperate backs-to-the-wall stuff and a 3-1 defeat. Ten minutes from time I was expecting 2-1 and out of the cup. I had tried listening to BBC radio but those morons do my head in.

I was delighted when Gazza equalised, but still very apprehensive. I'm delighted we won the shoot-out, but unless this result is followed up by improved League results, nothing has changed.

Maybe Billy Brown's the one knows where you can get job-lots of backbones and testicles cheap?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax

Have to agree with you. I don't know why some people can't wait until the game is OVER before writing us off. That doesn't mean you have to be happy with the way the game is going but the "that's us out" sort of threads are, at best, premature.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    Have to agree with you. I don't know why some people can't wait until the game is OVER before writing us off. That doesn't mean you have to be happy with the way the game is going but the "that's us out" sort of threads are, at best, premature.
    That's not reality though is it, at the game people will be talking about the same sort of stuff, same in the pubs if the game is on.

That's the highs and lows of football and people are only going on their experiences.

If we go a goal down do you want us all to not discuss the likelihood of getting back in it? Should we just stay silent until the end of the game when we can be sure of the outcome.

I think a few pwople need to lighten up about what is discussed on a fans website.

I wouldn't be going too daft on getting a draw at a team that just lost 3-0 at home to St Johnstone either so I'm not sure so many seem to think something has been proved to the doubters here that should make us all eat our words.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I desperatey want Calderwood to do well but IMO the clock is definately still ticking. It may have slowed down a bit but its definately still ticking.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    That's not reality though is it, at the game people will be talking about the same sort of stuff, same in the pubs if the game is on.

That's the highs and lows of football and people are only going on their experiences.

If we go a goal down do you want us all to not discuss the likelihood of getting back in it? Should we just stay silent until the end of the game when we can be sure of the outcome.

I think a few pwople need to lighten up about what is discussed on a fans website.

I wouldn't be going too daft on getting a draw at a team that just lost 3-0 at home to St Johnstone either so I'm not sure so many seem to think something has been proved to the doubters here that should make us all eat our words.
    This could also have been added to the 'Perspective' thread, along with the fact that East Fife took 3 goals from an Aberdeen team at Pittodrie that we couldn't score against at Easter Road.

Good things were shown last night, but nothing was has been proved.

@hibs.net private member
    [QGood things were shown last night, but nothing was has been proved.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, many on here are forgetting that for an hour last night the performance was piss poor. We now need to carry this momemntum forward and get a result on Saturday. We started and closed out well in the game but completely lost our way for a masive spell in the 90 minutes.

Great result but lets not get carried away.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax

Looking at the facts, the reality of the situation is people started to write Hibs off after we went behind, yet we came back and won the game.

I don't care what you want to discuss when Hibs go behind. Personally I'll always be hoping we can get back in it and get a favourable result. I certainly won't be calling it quits.

EDIT : My comments are aimed directly at those who threw in the towel before the game was over. I am not trying to convince anyone that we are suddenly a team of world-beaters.
    Last edited by HibsMax; 21-09-2011 at 04:48 PM.