hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Billy Brown...

Billy Brown...

I spoke to someone close to Brown today. The following was said :

- Calderwood went to Brown's house to discuss the job a week past Thursday.
    - Brown is unimpressed with the general attitude of some squad members.
    - He'd be happy to get some of them out in Jan given half a chance..

Not sure what's been covered elsewhere.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

You could see that when Sproule was taken subbed on Saturday.. It looked like on the tv that BB was having a pop at him for something...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

- Calderwood went to Brown's house to discuss the job a week past Thursday. So he WAS actually consulted.

- Brown is unimpressed with the general attitude of some squad members. THAT surprises me - not!

- He'd be happy to get some of them out in Jan given half a chance.. Here we go again...

One thought - Calderwood brought most of the current squad in - Brown doesn't think much of them and wants to punt them - where does that leave Calderwood?

Brown want to punt him too?

So last season we had a squad that had a poor attitude. 16 were punted.

We gonna do the same again???

Attitude and respect comes from the manager. He needs to instill this in them. But he just can't do it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post
    So last season we had a squad that had a poor attitude. 16 were punted. We gonna do the same again??? Attitude and respect comes from the manager. He needs to instill this in them. But he just can't do it.
    100% correct. I was always under the impression you lead by example. But what can we expect of players when the manager NEVER once came out and said he wanted to stay at HIBS and give it total committment. GGTTH

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Attitude, respect, work ethic, professionalism, team work, motivation, winning mentality, leadership.

All attributes sadly lacking from not only the group of players we have, but from the general culture at the club.

Who's fault is it?

A) The manager for not instilling these core values into players and/or not buying suitable players with correct mental approach to the game.

B) The board for setting the tone/culture/ambience at the club in terms of what is expected from management/coaches etc.

The entire club reeks of mediocrity and weakness and this is evident in our football. We are in dire need of a serious shot to the arm to address the seriously falling standards at ER.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post
    Attitude, respect, work ethic, professionalism, team work, motivation, winning mentality, leadership.

All attributes sadly lacking from not only the group of players we have, but from the general culture at the club.

Who's fault is it?

A) The manager for not instilling these core values into players and/or not buying suitable players with correct mental approach to the game.

B) The board for setting the tone/culture/ambience at the club in terms of what is expected from management/coaches etc.

The entire club reeks of mediocrity and weakness and this is evident in our football. We are in dire need of a serious shot to the arm to address the seriously falling standards at ER.
    Good post!

Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post
    So last season we had a squad that had a poor attitude. 16 were punted.

We gonna do the same again???

Attitude and respect comes from the manager. He needs to instill this in them. But he just can't do it.
    Attitude and respect are amongst a number of the ingredients missing from the current crop of players.

Left by mutual consent!

Who's fault is it?

C) The players.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    C) The players.
    d) The fans, for constantly moaning on-line?

(I don't believe that for a second, just playing devil's advocate.)

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    100% correct. I was always under the impression you lead by example. But what can we expect of players when the manager NEVER once came out and said he wanted to stay at HIBS and give it total committment. GGTTH
    Good point its possible that CC Was desperate to go back down South, RP Stalled the move by demanding a huge compo payment from NF And BC Could RPs greed have scuppered CCs dream move.

Could CC Be seething and in the Huff because he never got his move, so he is dooing everything he can to get paid off to get back at RP For scuppering his dream move ????????

After the crazy substitutions at the Pars game and his lack of interest/concern at post match interviews, It is worth giving this scenario some thought, others have also posted on here that CC Is trying to get the sack the above could explain why
    Last edited by nortonhibby; 19-09-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Surprised no one has mention the large poster on the outside of the FF stand, it is the most unispiring photograph i have ever saw, the expression on CC's face says it all

Not entirely convinced BB is the answer BUT hearing a few home truths from a different voice might wake up a few players.

Could result in some huffies demanding a meeting with the chairman though.......

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Not entirely convinced BB is the answer BUT hearing a few home truths from a different voice might wake up a few players.

Could result in some huffies demanding a meeting with the chairman though.......
    Let them but include STF in that meeting and someone from the fans forums!

B) The board for setting the tone/culture/ambience at the club in terms of what is expected from management/coaches etc. The entire club reeks of mediocrity and weakness and this is evident in our football. We are in dire need of a serious shot to the arm to address the seriously falling standards at ER.
    Great post and hope you don't mind me taking a snippets.The 2 paragraphs above are bang on the money.Surely the culture at the club can't be the fault of successive managers, it has to be the board.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Not entirely convinced BB is the answer BUT hearing a few home truths from a different voice might wake up a few players.Could result in some huffies demanding a meeting with the chairman though.......
    I would say there's more chance of the manager being in the huff and wanting a meeting with the chairman. For God's sake If I was manager i would get into work tomorrow morning and read the riot act. I'd stop being mr Nice and show them who's the Boss. I do not have a problem with CC being manager I have a serious problem with the LACK OF LEADERSHIP we have, especially in tactics on the pitch. He has a chance of turning things around and becoming a Worthy manager of Edinburgh Hibernian Football Club. You have to ask yourself one question is he MAN ENOUGH FOR THE JOB or is he sulking like a school kid, because he never got his dream move?? As far as I'm concerned it's LEADERSHIP we need from tactics to set pieces and it IS CC JOB TO INSTALL IT. Lets hope for our clubs sake he earns his money starting tomorrow night. GGTTH.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonhibby View Post
    Good point its possible that CC Was desperate to go back down South, RP Stalled the move by demanding a huge compo payment from NF And BC Could RPs greed have scuppered CCs dream move.

Could CC Be seething and in the Huff because he never got his move, so he is dooing everything he can to get paid off to get back at RP For scuppering his dream move ????????

After the crazy substitutions at the Pars game and his lack of interest/concern at post match interviews, It is worth giving this scenario some thought, others have also posted on here that CC Is trying to get the sack the above could explain why
    I'm not at all convinced with cc but you cant seriously suggest he is trying to deliberately screw up to win a no 2 job down south.

Questions over his ability to motivate? Yes. Questions over his tactics? Yes. Trying to deliberately sabotage the club? Behave.

I would say there's more chance of the manager being in the huff and wanting a meeting with the chairman. For God's sake If I was manager i would get into work tomorrow morning and read the riot act. I'd stop being mr Nice and show them who's the Boss. I do not have a problem with CC being manager I have a serious problem with the LACK OF LEADERSHIP we have, especially in tactics on the pitch. He has a chance of turning things around and becoming a Worthy manager of Edinburgh Hibernian Football Club. You have to ask yourself one question is he MAN ENOUGH FOR THE JOB or is he sulking like a school kid, because he never got his dream move?? As far as I'm concerned it's LEADERSHIP we need from tactics to set pieces and it IS CC JOB TO INSTALL IT. Lets hope for our clubs sake he earns his money starting tomorrow night. GGTTH.
    Will RP undermine anything the Manager says, things have never been the same since players realised all they had had to do was go crying to RP.

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar

Who's fault is it?

I agree with you 100% .....you're spot on with that post

GGTTH

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Hibby View Post
    Will RP undermine anything the Manager says, things have never been the same since players realised all they had had to do was go crying to RP.

they should have been told to bolt there and then. I am not anti Rod but that was a big mistake we have not recovered from and maybe it will take take someone new to come in and make it clear to the players what is demanded of them by the club and what the consequences of failing those standards will be.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo

Sportsound have just confirmed Calderwood approached Billy Brown to be his assistant at least CC got something right.