hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Petrie has lost the plot!

Get this accountant in the guise of a football chairman to f..., this idiot of a man is ripping the pish out of Hibs, why? because he doesn't support Hibs, never has done, financial man who only cream's himself over balance sheet's. Arrogant man sticking two finger's up to Hibs fans by appointing a sacked jambo. Don't anybody give me this pish about BB being a Hibby!!!!!! Could you enjoy scoring against us they way he has if you were a Hibs fan?

PETRIE YOUR TIME HAS COME, NOW PLEASE GO!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Few of these the night mate?

Left by mutual consent!
    Aye 3 or 4, still going to Dunfermline on Saturday though, seen chairmen come, seen them go, One thing's for sure Petrie won't be at any Hibs games once he's gone!!

Quote Originally Posted by connerg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get this accountant in the guise of a football chairman to f..., this idiot of a man is ripping the pish out of Hibs, why? because he doesn't support Hibs, never has done, financial man who only cream's himself over balance sheet's. Arrogant man sticking two finger's up to Hibs fans by appointing a sacked jambo. Don't anybody give me this pish about BB being a Hibby!!!!!! Could you enjoy scoring against us they way he has if you were a Hibs fan?

LTYF!!

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar

Well we're at it we should get rid of that pishy training centre and that big new stand.

Fitba' chairmen ken whit's gaun oan

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Sounds magic mate let's get a football man in like mad vlad or David murray they ken how things should be done. Sadly the times of having a mega rich sugar daddy in charge of a scottish team are long gone, and other than Celtic (mccann) has it ever been a long term success ?. For what its worth I think rod will step down soon enough but with a very like minded person put in place, remember rod is only carrying out the orders from above him so unless farmer goes we are always gonna live within our means. I'm not happy with the way we have performed over the last 2 seasons but I am happy in the knowledge that I will be able to take my grandkids to see Hibs one day.

Someone has certainly lost the plot, not sure its oor Rodders though...

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitrim Hibee View Post

Well we're at it we should get rid of that pishy training centre and that big new stand.

Fitba' chairmen ken whit's gaun oan
    Aye because the training centre has really improved the standard of the team and the new stand has really boosted the crowd.

Yes these were nice to haves but if Im honest I would rather have Sauzee or Latapy jumping in a mini bus Trying to find a public park to train on and playing in front of the old east than the current lavishly trained dross playing in front of the shiny new empty stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Aye because the training centre has really improved the standard of the team and the new stand has really boosted the crowd.Yes these were nice to haves but if Im honest I would rather have Sauzee or Latapy jumping in a mini bus Trying to find a public park to train on and playing in front of the old east than the current lavishly trained dross playing in front of the shiny new empty stand.
    Hear hear

I think the most embarassing thing about this thread is finding that there are people (Some Hibbies, most Jambos) that still believe Petrie makes all the decisions at Easter Road

This appointment has Lindsay and Calderwood written all over it

As it happens I think most Hibbies agree with the decision

Rod will be taking over as President of the SFA in 2 or 3 years-that's why he's cutting back on what he does at Hibs.He still owns 10% of course.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    Hear hear

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by S43 View Post
    I think the most embarassing thing about this thread is finding that there are people (Some Hibbies, most Jambos) that still believe Petrie makes all the decisions at Easter Road

This appointment has Lindsay and Calderwood written all over it

As it happens I think most Hibbies agree with the decision

I think folk have an image of Petrie that's totally detached from reality. I'm sure some people see him as some sort of pantomime villain trying to plot various nasty deeds to deprive Hibernian FC of money, or to stop the improvement of the first team at all costs.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrie's Tache View Post
    LTYF!!
    You were hardly going to agree, especially with a picture of Petrie as your avatar!!!!!!!!!

Does it matter if Petrie has never supported Hibs, he is a business man and at E.R. for a purpose. What is the problem with the appointment of Bily Brown,. he has the necessary experience and knowledge of the SPL that Calderwood seems to lack. I would much rather have Brown than Alastair Stevenson and Gareth Evans who IMO have been part of the overall problem with the last few managers. Hopefully their input will decrease in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Someone has certainly lost the plot, not sure its oor Rodders though...

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

I think folk have an image of Petrie that's totally detached from reality. I'm sure some people see him as some sort of pantomime villain trying to plot various nasty deeds to deprive Hibernian FC of money, or to stop the improvement of the first team at all costs.
    As a fairly frequent critic of Rodders can I just state that I have never at any time thought that he wants nothing more than for us to do well.

I respect the man and contrary to what others try to suggest and imply have no dislike for him whatsoever.

I just happen to think his personality is not best suited to providing frontline leadership of a football club.

An ex club Chairman told me an ex Manager told him Rodders gave leadership as if running a "Steel factory not a football club".

Whereas the reality is...?

Good post !!
    As the saying goes " Be careful what you wish for !!"

Can you point us a to a club whose Boardroom is entirely staffed by dyed in the wool football men who grew up supporting the club?

I couldn't care less which teams anybody at the club has supported, played for and whatever else, and this nonsense that somehow anyone at the club would try less or not care because they don't support the club is nonsensical also.

I can't believe people are still backing the tache considering how many bad appointments he has made and due to penny pinching we were fighting relegation last year and it doesnt look any different to this year either.

Anyone who thinks the buck does not stop at Petrie is naive, Tom Farmer gave him complete control of the club and has absolutely no dealings with the day to day running at all, Scott Lindsay has the day to day running of the club this is true but all decisions are made once Petrie has given the green light and thats a fact.

Good football brings in a crowd, bad football gets you relegated and no new stand or training ground will stop that

Dear oh dear...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MoantheCabbage View Post
    I can't believe people are still backing the tache considering how many bad appointments he has made and due to penny pinching we were fighting relegation last year and it doesnt look any different to this year either.

Anyone who thinks the buck does not stop at Petrie is naive, Tom Farmer gave him complete control of the club and has absolutely no dealings with the day to day running at all, Scott Lindsay has the day to day running of the club this is true but all decisions are made once Petrie has given the green light and thats a fact.

Good football brings in a crowd, bad football gets you relegated and no new stand or training ground will stop that
    Somebody who agrees with me, thank you.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    Sounds magic mate let's get a football man in like mad vlad or David murray they ken how things should be done. Sadly the times of having a mega rich sugar daddy in charge of a scottish team are long gone, and other than Celtic (mccann) has it ever been a long term success ?. For what its worth I think rod will step down soon enough but with a very like minded person put in place, remember rod is only carrying out the orders from above him so unless farmer goes we are always gonna live within our means. I'm not happy with the way we have performed over the last 2 seasons but I am happy in the knowledge that I will be able to take my grandkids to see Hibs one day.
    I used to think like that...then it dawned on me. ...........

...........The progressive degradatiion of my club, the increasing departure from it's historic playing style and the changing emphasis of the Board on fiscal rather than football matters. I've been a hibby now for over 40 years........in that time (mostly) I have watched and enjoyed a club that always sought to play expansive flair football with the emphasis on skill and entertainment with not a few characters throughout that time that provoked many a laugh in the bar afterwards.

Now we have a bland Board, bland players, bland set up, and dare I say it, demotivated supporters who are themselves risking becoming bland.

Why would I want to expose my grandkids to that? Would they even want to be part of that?

In fact...........do I?
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Quote Originally Posted by MoantheCabbage View Post

Him being an accountant by trade or not supporting the club is largely what has been brought up here. Sure, he has made some retrospectively bad moves, but the suggestion that some Hibs daft 'fitbaw man' would have us playing like Barcelona is dross.

It's not Petrie's job to have us playing good football either, it is his job to provide the club with the tools that it needs to try and do that, in theory things like a top notch training ground should do that, but the Managers he has given these tools to have thus far failed to live up to it.

And leave out the 'fact' nonsense, none of us know the exact day to day running at the club. It is logical to assume that as the overall boss he is involved in all high level decisions, but there's a difference between that and the vision some folk seem to have of him being so in control people have to ask permission to go to the toilet.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Him being an accountant by trade or not supporting the club is largely what has been brought up here. Sure, he has made some retrospectively bad moves, but the suggestion that some Hibs daft 'fitbaw man' would have us playing like Barcelona is dross.

It's not Petrie's job to have us playing good football either, it is his job to provide the club with the tools that it needs to try and do that, in theory things like a top notch training ground should do that, but the Managers he has given these tools to have thus far failed to live up to it.

And leave out the 'fact' nonsense, none of us know the exact day to day running at the club. It is logical to assume that as the overall boss he is involved in all high level decisions, but there's a difference between that and the vision some folk seem to have of him being so in control people have to ask permission to go to the toilet.
    No need....they just cr*p on the pitch.......no-one notices because, well, they'res so much of it on there already.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    IF all that Petrie was interested in was money then that would benefit Hibs because a successful team generates more revenue than an unsuccessful one. The two go hand in hand. I don't see how running a club badly benefits anyone.

Just a question. Why WOULD Sir Tom want anything to do with the day-to-day running of the club? He's not a megalomaniacal fruitloop a la Vlad. He stepped in to save the club from going under, he didn't step in to run the club.

FWIW, I think he'll be selling the club soon. He ain't getting any younger and presumably he'd want football-minded folk to own it.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    I drove past the cemetery the other day and saw Petrie wandering about carrying a coffin on his shoulder. About three hours later on my return journey Petrie was still walking about the cemetery carrying the coffin. I said to my wife "hes lost the plot"

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish View Post
    I drove past the cemetery the other day and saw Petrie wandering about carrying a coffin on his shoulder. About three hours later on my return journey Petrie was still walking about the cemetery carrying the coffin. I said to my wife "hes lost the plot"
    Coat for you, sir?