hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how many of your mates have stopped going?

how many regular Hibbies do you know, that have just stopped going over the last year? I went on my own yesterday as my mate (sits beside me ,ST btw) just refused to go. I went into the Station bar in abbeyhill, met a couple o' regular attendees, offered them the seat and was laughed ooty the boozer.2 other mates knocked back the offer and a guy that lives nesarby said get tae france. it;s getting harder by the minute, the club is a joke to anyone that supports other teams and it is almost embarrasing to admit your a Hibby these days. hope the board are really paying attention, it is grim.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how many regular Hibbies do you know, that have just stopped going over the last year? I went on my own yesterday as my mate (sits beside me ,ST btw) just refused to go. I went into the Station bar in abbeyhill, met a couple o' regular attendees, offered them the seat and was laughed ooty the boozer.2 other mates knocked back the offer and a guy that lives nesarby said get tae france. it;s getting harder by the minute, the club is a joke to anyone that supports other teams and it is almost embarrasing to admit your a Hibby these days. hope the board are really paying attention, it is grim.
    I would never be embarrassed admitting im a hibby!!!

however i am embarrassed by our performances,
    im embarrassed but not surprised we are bottom of the league, our playing side of the club has been neglected for years and we have journeyman with little or poor quality
    how many empty seats we have at home games and that is some season ticket holders - has anyone noticed there is just no atmosphere at easter road anymore

I dont know the solution but who would want the hibs managers job now anyway -

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    I No a few die hards who no longer go pal of mine has a carpet shop in Edinburgh him and his misus went every week home and away going on 20 years they did nor renew this year and dont go anymore.

I Also know a guy from Gala who also went thick and thin for over 20 years he also never renewed he did go to the pre season friendly but says he is not going back.

I Have not got a season ticket any more either my plan when the new stand went up was to pick and choose my games as there will always be tickets even for Rangers and Celtic games i know a few others who went down this route but with the fare on show being so bad you feel worse when you leave a game than before you went in.

RP And the board MUST SEE ALL THE EMPTY SEATS AT THE GAMES, That in its self is a protest and thats what will force action, what the action is i have no idea but to simply soldier on the way wee are going is madness.

Is there an actual master plan Business plan that is being followed ? if yes id like a statement from RP And the Board telling us the plan we are loosing loyal Hibernian Supporters every week as the OP Said you cant give the tickets away even for nought.

Once you stop going week on week people find other interests things to do interest wains and they seldom return CC Is not the Answer but do we dump another manager or persevere and hope he turns it round ?

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Being a student up in Dundee obviously makes it economically too difficult to continue being a ST holder so gave it up at the start of last season but the two guys i sat with have more or less completely stopped going. Just dont feel they get anywhere near value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonhibby View Post
    I No a few die hards who no longer go pal of mine has a carpet shop in Edinburgh him and his misus went every week home and away going on 20 years they did nor renew this year and dont go anymore.

I Also know a guy from Gala who also went thick and thin for over 20 years he also never renewed he did go to the pre season friendly but says he is not going back.

I Have not got a season ticket any more either my plan when the new stand went up was to pick and choose my games as there will always be tickets even for Rangers and Celtic games i know a few others who went down this route but with the fare on show being so bad you feel worse when you leave a game than before you went in.

RP And the board MUST SEE ALL THE EMPTY SEATS AT THE GAMES, That in its self is a protest and thats what will force action, what the action is i have no idea but to simply soldier on the way wee are going is madness.

Is there an actual master plan Business plan that is being followed ? if yes id like a statement from RP And the Board telling us the plan we are loosing loyal Hibernian Supporters every week as the OP Said you cant give the tickets away even for nought.

Once you stop going week on week people find other interests things to do interest wains and they seldom return CC Is not the Answer but do we dump another manager or persevere and hope he turns it round ?

Got to agree - the biggest protest fans can make is not going.

Our board are money obsessed and funds must be reducing week on week.

I was always in favour of giving CC time but can we afford to ? - I think we need to get rid of CC and get a respected figure in football
    to find us a manager, i have lots of confidence in our board to look after the money but i have NO confidence in any of them to find a manager that (A) can bring stability, (B) bring us consistency and then success

Mate at work, gave his up 2 seasons ago, talked about getting a half season ticket this year, but getting less and less likely with the fare on offer at ER just now. says he'd rather spend his cash elsewhere than sit at ER and become frustrated with the team,
    as a lot of folk have said, once people stop and it gets out of their routine, its very hard to get them back, esp when the football is eye bleeding bad

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    Got to agree - the biggest protest fans can make is not going.

Our board are money obsessed and funds must be reducing week on week.

I was always in favour of giving CC time but can we afford to ? - I think we need to get rid of CC and get a respected figure in football
    to find us a manager, i have lots of confidence in our board to look after the money but i have NO confidence in any of them to find a manager that (A) can bring stability, (B) bring us consistency and then success
    Sacking a manager every 12-18 months does not bring stability, you have to give a manager time and it will improve, we have a better squad now, than we have had in the last 2 years, so lets cut him a bit of slack.

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    Sacking a manager every 12-18 months does not bring stability, you have to give a manager time and it will improve, we have a better squad now, than we have had in the last 2 years, so lets cut him a bit of slack.

I appreciate your comments but the style of football we are playing under CC has cut our crowds drastically

We have had no home wins since february, there is no confidence in the team, the manager just doesnt inspire.

Wrong appointment again and the thousands of hibs supporters who arent going cant all be wrong.

I would love for CC to be successful so i could walk into my work on a monday morning with a smile on my face but it just isnt happening.

His time is up and he must be removed before we end up too far behind at the bottom of the league.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    My regular eight or nine is now down to three, including myself.

I am finding it more difficult to get myself up for Hibs games the longer this run of results last. I have been through difficult stages with Hibs before but this one has really got to me. I am so disillusioned by the so called football we are playing. Mind you IMO its not just us, having watched a few Scottish games on t.v.I am of the opinion that Scottish football is not far away from being dead and buried, if it is not already.

Had a wedding all wkd in Edinburgh and parked in Albert st on Friday, walked down Easter road at 1pm on Sunday and felt very strange at having no desire to go to the game and just drove home.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Well for having a better squad we are playing a brand of football that is to be honest hoof ball at its worst , we have no play maker and at this rate the crowds will soon be back to the mid 80s [ 4 to 5 thousand ] ffs i would even take a manager that i hadnt heard of just as long as he had us playing football the hibs way [ yes the hibs way not this 1 striker pash] my heart sank when cc was made our manager as out of all the names being touted he was in my bottom 2 with jimmy calderwood who i would also take right now as a short term fix to get us out of this mess .
    And yes i know of a fan that has followed hibs home and away without fail for over 20 years who has now got himself a seson ticket for st james park and has stopped going to er .

GGTTH

Have had a season ticket for nigh on 15-20 years
    Unfortunately down to illness & financial problems
    i cant afford it,,, theres no way i will pay £22-£28
    when i have other things to pay out for
    My bro in law actually paid for a season ticket, then got a refund
    Theres only 2 regular guys who now go
    And they are making noises about not paying for a new one next season!!!
    People say that fans support through thick and thin
    Maybe theyre right,,, bit under CCs style of hoofball
    And the clubs pricing policy are driving many fans away for good
    Sad times indeed

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I was a solo attender yesterday although the no shows were pointing out the Sunday ko as the reason, but I suppose that could easily be a handy excuse. Been a drive home discussion though about the lack of familiar faces in our part of the East. Faces that you know to nod to but don't know their names. Too many missing now to cover it with moving to a different part of the ground after our eviction. One or two have opted out of the away days. Having to suffer that, and pay the other team for the priviledge is the first to go.

@hibs.net private member
    Used to be a crowed of 8-10 of us at most home matches. Now there are 3-4. Struggle to give away my season ticket when I can't make it!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BT58 View Post
    Have had a season ticket for nigh on 15-20 years
    Unfortunately down to illness & financial problems
    i cant afford it,,, theres no way i will pay £22-£28
    when i have other things to pay out for
    My bro in law actually paid for a season ticket, then got a refund
    Theres only 2 regular guys who now go
    And they are making noises about not paying for a new one next season!!!
    People say that fans support through thick and thin
    Maybe theyre right,,, bit under CCs style of hoofball
    And the clubs pricing policy are driving many fans away for good
    Sad times indeed
    Are you sure? I emailed Fyfe after the St Mirren game who sent back the Terms & Conditions stating no refunds were provided? Any more information as to how he went about doing this? Not wanting to cancel after all, but it surely should be a one size fits all with this kind of thing at Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Out of 5 I would have expected to go to the St Mirren game 2 went, one said its just getting too bad to watch and having missed very few games up to then gave up the ghost, two others felt it was too much money to get in for what they were seeing, particularly unhappy that CC's now brought quite a few in and didnae really believe all the lines about time to settle in, if they are better than what they replaced why are they collectively so bad / lacking in the basics? With one or two exceptions that tends to be my view, basics being fitness and passing ability. Ironically I thought that poor defensive incidents aside St Mirren wasn't that bad compared to games since.

I know a couple of London based guys who say they wont be back for a while, they went about once every 6 weeks or so, but it all mounts up.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Are you sure? I emailed Fyfe after the St Mirren game who sent back the Terms & Conditions stating no refunds were provided? Any more information as to how he went about doing this? Not wanting to cancel after all, but it surely should be a one size fits all with this kind of thing at Hibs.
    yip he did indeed,,,,however he did buy a ticket for celtic game and never actually used his season ticket,he did state that as he was away on business a lot it was a mistake on his part in renewing it

I used to go with about 10-12 guys regular. That's down to about 4-5.

I had the choice of a freebie into ER on Sunday or the highly exciting prospect of shopping for a new suite with the good lady.

I am now the proud owner of a lovely new suite.......

Things are grim.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Still the same 6 of us in the East Stand but I couldn't blame any of my mates/family if they didn't renew next season.

I'm sad enough that even if we were in Div 3 I'd still have a ST It's an incurable disease
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

I used to love going to the football, even when we weren't great, we still looked like we were due someone a right doing any game soon but it's just not there anymore and I'm finding myself looking for excuses (no matter how weak) to not go. The only way I can describe it these days is that I have fallen out with them. They've hurt me emotionally, that Petrie, Calderwood and the players have brought my once proud club down so far that we are a laughing stock will take time to heal and until they start trying to make amends my seat will remain empty. I really wish I thought different but right now, I hate the frigging lot of them!!!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    My dad hasn't renewed his season ticket for the first time in 25 years.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Six of us went together for many years
    While we are now all in our 70's none of us have been at more than one home match since March
    The sad thing is it is easy to get "out of the habit " of attending home matches
    Football is part of the entertainment businesss - end of

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    I was going to get a season ticket this year but kept putting it off. Got to the start of the season and had lost the motivation by then. The stadium seems really soul-less now without the old East Stand.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I have been following the Hibs for more years than I care to remember. There was always a good crowd of us from Peebles at every home game standing together at our favorite spot at the bottom corner of the old terracing. Over the years our number gradually decreased and over the last couple of seasons has dwindled away completely and sadly I am the last man standing. My son who I used to lift over the turnstiles in the 70`s is still as fanatical as ever and we both have season tickets though it is largely down to him that I renewed my ticket this season.
    Last edited by Alfred E Newman; 12-09-2011 at 08:44 PM.

I'm clearly going against the grain here, but there's actually more season ticket holders in our group now because many of got them for their kids. From guys who used to go maybe five or six years ago there's only two less from the nine of us and that's as much to do with their jobs as what's going on at the club.

What is very apparent though is that we'd usually stay until the final whistle, but very very rarely do that now.

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Used to be a crowed of 8-10 of us at most home matches. Now there are 3-4. Struggle to give away my season ticket when I can't make it!
    i was in a band of 12 season ticket holders die hards we had a bus i was the last to go most of them prefer to watch there kids play at weekends now lost intrerest RP I blame

Used to be a few of us with ST's, not one of us now have one, we've all got kids who are getting to the age where they want to come, thought about getting ST's with the kids, but it's too expensive for me these days, need every penny for food shopping, filling the car up etc, everything's so much more expensive now that there's no disposible income for the Hibs. A lot of it is actually down to the state of scottish fitba too, sitting in the depths of December/January watching that ***** with my 5 year old, nah, no thank you. I miss the old days though, yearn for them even, even when we were really bad, and the times were really tough, we'd still turn up expecting, because we always had a bit of fight, a glimmer no matter how small, haven't felt that way for years.

from a gang of 8, none of us ... i would rather do something else and save my money...

we have a better squad now, than we have had in the last 2 years, so lets cut him a bit of slack.
    Do you really believe that? IMO the squad 2 years ago was better. On top of that the football is kite and while we've never been world beaters we always believed that no matter how little, we had a chance. Not now.

Serious question. Out of all the people who know people who don't go anymore, how many of them are smokers? While I agree the board, the manager and the players have a lot to answer for I also think so do the pc brigade.