hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar

Behind the goals 'deal' for the St Johnstone game

I'm beginning to feel that our board can't even get the basics right when it comes to marketing at ER

There were leaflets on the tables in the BTG advertising a deal for season ticket holders going to the St Johnstone midweek game later this month

If you pay £20 you get,

A beer .................................................. .........................................worth £3
    A match programme......................................... ................................worth £3
    A burger....I'm not 100% sure what they cost, but that's probably worth about £4

Why would the genius in marketing/hospitality who thought this up expect any supporter to pay £20 for what add's up to a tenners worth ?
    We already know from a recent BBC poll that our club are the most expensive to watch in the SPL

This type of bollocks marketing makes me think that someone in our boardroom hasn't yet quite grasped the fact that most folks are spending their hard earned cash more carefully that ever, and this latest 'offer' to supporters shouldn't have seen the light of day.

GGTTH

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

A better deal would have been to play the match at its originally scheduled 3pm kick off time. A lot of out of towners just won't make the game.
    I didn't see the leaflets by the way, surely there was more to it than that.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A better deal would have been to play the match at its originally scheduled 3pm kick off time. A lot of out of towners just won't make the game.
    You get a special seat facing away from the park

Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    I'm beginning to feel that our board can't even get the basics right when it comes to marketing at ER

There were leaflets on the tables in the BTG advertising a deal for season ticket holders going to the St Johnstone midweek game later this month

If you pay £20 you get,

A beer .................................................. .........................................worth £3
    A match programme......................................... ................................worth £3
    A burger....I'm not 100% sure what they cost, but that's probably worth about £4

Why would the genius in marketing/hospitality who thought this up expect any supporter to pay £20 for what add's up to a tenners worth ?
    We already know from a recent BBC poll that our club are the most expensive to watch in the SPL

This type of bollocks marketing makes me think that someone in our boardroom hasn't yet quite grasped the fact that most folks are spending their hard earned cash more carefully that ever, and this latest 'offer' to supporters shouldn't have seen the light of day.

GGTTH
    One of our number thought it was a great deal after reading £20 as £2. The rest of the table were pissing themselves at how mince a deal it was.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I wish there was more to it...I read it and thought the same, there surely must be something I've missed, so I checked it out again as did the folks around me, and unfortunately, the deal is as listed.

I really do worry about who our boardroom leaders are when we fail to get simple things like this right

GGTTH

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    One of our number thought it was a great deal after reading £20 as £2. The rest of the table were pissing themselves at how mince a deal it was.
    Yep, the 'deal' we are being offered is such a pile of rubbish that it actually reminded me of the sketch in The life of Brian when Michael Palin falls from the roof, then eric idle tries to barter with him for a few sheckles.....

GGTTH

GGTTH

If you pay £20 you get,

GGTTH
    That's just simply embarrassing.

Left by mutual consent!
    I wish there was more to it...I read it and thought the same, there surely must be something I've missed, so I checked it out again as did the folks around me, and unfortunately, the deal is as listed.

I really do worry about who our boardroom leaders are when we fail to get simple things like this right

GGTTH
    Perhaps they've missed the bit where it was supposed tae say it was for 3 people

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    Fitba' fans have been taken for mugs for years now. Inflated admission prices, match days that can be on any day of the week and at any time of day, rip-off club merchandise and catering - the list is endless. I honestly think people who run clubs think we're thick and this so called BTG 'deal' is a classic example of that mindset.

I'm guessing they won't be knocked over in the stampede to take up this amazing deal!

First Team Regular
    On the subject of Behind the Goals, anyone notice that the price of a pint has soared?

When the place opened (9 or 10 years ago?) a pint of Carlsberg was £1.50. Now a rotten pint of Tennents is £3 and a pint of magners is £4.

I know prices have gone up everywhere over those years, but you are not telling me that there has been 100+% inflation in beer prices over that period.

What began supposedly as a perk for season ticket holders is now just another scheme to remove cash from the wallets of Hibs fans. No wonder it isn't as busy as it used to be - people are rightly going elsewhere.

If you pay £20 you get,

GGTTH
    I've not seen the voucher's but will it not upgrade your seat to one in the hospitality seats?

@hibs.net private member HibeeMassive's Avatar
    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Cu...,10290,00.html

You get access to the Eighteen75 suite, but still use your own season ticket seat for the match.
    Does seem a strange one, I must admit..

Behind the goals prices are a joke. I got a Crabbies and it was £4, the place is even sponsored by them. Its a shame as behind the goals used to be good before games.

Also my wee cousing that goes to games is now having to pay £3.90 for a hotdog in the ground.

You would get cheaper food and drink even at T in the Park and everyone knows how much a rip off that place is.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    BTG is boring, bland and over-priced. I can understand folk going if they're taking bairns but I can't think of one reason me and my pals would opt for a pint in their over somewhere like The Nip.

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    I've not seen the voucher's but will it not upgrade your seat to one in the hospitality seats?
    WOW, it is worth the extra tenner then just to get a comfy seat watching p1sh

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    You don't, you get your own seat, so basically, you are paying £10 to access the 1875 lounge for a couple of hours. See post 12 above.
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Canny be as bad as watching the p1sh I watched pre Aberdeen game yesterday

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Worse deal ever. Whoever sanctioned it should be sacked. I bet the take up will be in single figures.

Hibs would say that, normally, access to the eighteen75 lounge would cost you £90 for a CAT B match and therefore, £20 for access to the lounge before the game, a pint, a programme and a burger is actually quite a good deal.

I realise it's gone up considerably but there was no way it was going to stay £1.50 a pint and £1 a nip (Whyte & MacKay was it?)

£3 for a pint of tennents is less than a lot of pubs in Edinburgh and certainly less than restaurants or whatever. £4 for a bottle of Crabbies (assuming this is the 500ml bottles) isn't too shabby either as that's about what it is in pubs too.

Haven't been in BTG for some time but if that's the prices I'd be pleasantly surprised. Not a bit Tennents fan but if it's even more pish then normal then a wee email about cleaning their lines more often should be sent.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Hibs would say that, normally, access to the eighteen75 lounge would cost you £90 for a CAT B match and therefore, £20 for access to the lounge before the game, a pint, a programme and a burger is actually quite a good deal.

You get a wee bit more for a "hospitality" package, which would include a ticket, .....

Eighteen75 Package Highlights include:
    • Pre and post match speaker
    • Player appearances
    • Champagne and canape reception*
    • Four Course Meal*
    • Bar facility pre and post match
    • Excellent Executive seat in the West Stand
    • Half time snacks
    • Match programme and teamsheet
    • Licensed betting facilities
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    Behind the goals prices are a joke. I got a Crabbies and it was £4, the place is even sponsored by them. Its a shame as behind the goals used to be good before games.

Also my wee cousing that goes to games is now having to pay £3.90 for a hotdog in the ground.

You would get cheaper food and drink even at T in the Park and everyone knows how much a rip off that place is.
    TBF he doesn’t ‘have’ to buy anything.

The answer is, of course, if you or anyone else is not happy is to become a member of the Hibs Club.

Very good prices; a huge selection of drinks both alcoholic and softies and slush puppies and tea and coffee and hot chocolate and probably many others I’ve forgotten about! And the staff have smiles, well most of them and one of the girls has a prema-smile – she just cant help being nice and helpful!!!

The girls that do the food do a great job too with very decent fare at very decent prices.

TBH I’ve not counted the number of screens that show the footy, if its on, there's loads – including 3D.

The Hibs Club – more than just a Club, its your Club.
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    £90? Is that just to watch the game from? I believe the platinum club at st james ' park is the same price and the facilities are a tad bettr than the 1875 suite. Unless the Hibs commercial director has laid on 61 Lafite-Rothschild on tap, Tom Kitchin's carpaccio of venison and half an hour extras from the scorpio leisure girls, it doesnt sound like a good deal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    £90? Is that just to watch the game from? I believe the platinum club at st james ' park is the same price and the facilities are a tad bettr than the 1875 suite. Unless the Hibs commercial director has laid on 61 Lafite-Rothschild on tap, Tom Kitchin's carpaccio of venison and half an hour extras from the scorpio leisure girls, it doesnt sound like a good deal at all.

You ever thought about applying for the Hospitality managers job?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

Aye, but if you still have to watch the game....

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon70 View Post
    On the subject of Behind the Goals, anyone notice that the price of a pint has soared?

When the place opened (9 or 10 years ago?) a pint of Carlsberg was £1.50. Now a rotten pint of Tennents is £3 and a pint of magners is £4.

I know prices have gone up everywhere over those years, but you are not telling me that there has been 100+% inflation in beer prices over that period.

What began supposedly as a perk for season ticket holders is now just another scheme to remove cash from the wallets of Hibs fans. No wonder it isn't as busy as it used to be - people are rightly going elsewhere.

BTG is a brilliant facility but the prices have gone way over the top in the last couple of years.

Left by mutual consent!
    And as any good butcher will tell you venison is not cheap!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sven nil View Post
    And as any good butcher will tell you venison is not cheap!
    I was offered eight legs of venison for £75 ...... is that two deer? ............. the old ones are the best ones.

Yep, the 'deal' we are being offered is such a pile of rubbish that it actually reminded me of the sketch in The life of Brian when Michael Palin falls from the roof, then eric idle tries to barter with him for a few sheckles.....

GGTTH
    Is that the bit when the spaceship flies in to catch him?

Ps If you don't believe that there is a space ship in Life of Brian get a hold of a copy and watch it again coz there is!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon70 View Post

Also, the food has gone up in price, whilst the quantity / quality has dropped. The chips yesterday were very poor quality!

As a member of a club, you normally expect discounted prices, whereas it seems to be the reverse in BTGs.

Rod also comes in and always goes up to the same faces where he knows he will get a good reception. Why doesn't he stop at any table and ask "how are you"?