hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fife Hyland - Latest interview from 2nd September

The message is to hang on in there and we need some stability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khZbokfvIiY

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member LEaston87's Avatar
    nae green tie... shocking

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LEaston87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    nae green tie... shocking
    DBS will not be impressed at that in the slightest. Expect ramifications.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    This really annoys me..

Interviewer " are you surprised by the kind of boom and bust nature of modern football, in terms of 3 defeats in a row and people are talking about changes to the manager position or changes elsewhere in the club"

Why when asking that question doesnt he look at the games before the win in Inverness, are they any less relevant when discussing the managers future, it was the same when yogi was on his disgraceful run of losses, why not look at the hard facts which include the previous seasons results.

Its as if to say that fans are only becoming concerned because we have recently lost 3 in a row .... WAKE UP!

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    This really annoys me..

Interviewer " are you surprised by the kind of boom and bust nature of modern football, in terms of 3 defeats in a row and people are talking about changes to the manager position or changes elsewhere in the club"

Why when asking that question doesnt he look at the games before the win in Inverness, are they any less relevant when discussing the managers future, it was the same when yogi was on his disgraceful run of losses, why not look at the hard facts which include the previous seasons results.

Its as if to say that fans are only becoming concerned because we have recently lost 3 in a row .... WAKE UP!
    Yep - found that question rather odd. His record stinks.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    This really annoys me..

Well, there are hard facts and there are hard facts. It is a hard fact that JH won us 4th in the league after all.

And CC's 4 points from 33 will always be a hard fact, even if he went on to win the next 6 games.

I'm with the questioner in that this obsession with selective match stats is baffling.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crabis View Post
    Well, there are hard facts and there are hard facts. It is a hard fact that JH won us 4th in the league after all.

And CC's 4 points from 33 will always be a hard fact, even if he went on to win the next 6 games.

I'm with the questioner in that this obsession with selective match stats is baffling.

But surely you can see that it's strange to make out that anyone who has been vocal in their dissent towards Calderwood/Petrie has done so based on 3 results?? And even more bizzare when you add in the summer fiasco we had with the manager. How come the supporters are somehow being unreasonable here?

Oh, and what are the hard facts with Calderwood?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I suppose it was only a mater of time. His second interview and we are moaning about the questions being asked.
    I will give it one more and they will be dismissed as propaganda, irrelevant and a useless waste of time. I am surprised its taken us this long to be honest Only Hibs fans.
    I await the posts saying they demand action on the park and less talking.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    This really annoys me..

Thought exactly the same when I heard that question. The last 3 games FFS Conveniently forgetting about last season's nightmare or the Manager's preference to jump ship in close season. Ruined the interview IMO. I thought FH was doing OK otherwise and looked genuinely gutted and determined to turn things around.

Definitely a loaded question which backfired.
    Last edited by The Harp Awakes; 02-09-2011 at 10:08 PM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    When you have Petrie picking out Februarys results, and making CC record look like we were a flying machine, why cant fans pick out results from the rest of his time at the helm, and point out just how rancid they have been?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    When you have Petrie picking out Februarys results, and making CC record look like we were a flying machine, why cant fans pick out results from the rest of his time at the helm, and point out just how rancid they have been?

Petrie made a valid defence of CC by pointing out that despite his awful overall record he had got results when it mattered. It's not a trick you can pull of twice though. If Mr Hyland wants to dismiss the concerns of 'social networking sites' as being based on just three results then he hasn't been paying attention.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post

Petrie made a valid defence of CC by pointing out that despite his awful overall record he had got results when it mattered. It's not a trick you can pull of twice though. If Mr Hyland wants to dismiss the concerns of 'social networking sites' as being based on just three results then he hasn't been paying attention.
    Was his 'social networking sites' comment not in relation to Mitter's Twitter?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Was his 'social networking sites' comment not in relation to Mitter's Twitter?
    Partly. Possibly.
    I am usually the first to come on to one of these threads and say that the club just can't win when it comes to these statements and I do welcome the fact we are getting them. But using selective stats again? I don't really think that is a wise move at this time.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Testimonial Due
    This really annoys me..

My personal view is I could not care less about last seasons results, in fact the less I have to think about last season the better. It is over and done with, we have a new team in place, by in large, and this is a new season.

The cold hard results only include last season if you want them to for some statistical nonsence. Put it this way if we were sitting with 3 or 4 more points this season no one would care about last season because we would be happy with the start to this one, it is only because we have not started the best that history is getting brought into this.

Why would the club have a policy of not publicising the arrival of u-19 players?

The interviewer is obviously completely out of touch with reality. Nobody is upset because we've just lost our 3rd league match in a row. If that was the case then I would say that it was incredibly harsh. They're upset because, last Sunday, we lost our 22nd match in 38 games under Colin Calderwood.

That question gave Hyland a pretty easy ride as far as I'm concerned.

Hibs12thMan
    Left by mutual consent!
    How many games has Colin Calderwood lost since assembling his own team?

One!

He might lose the next ten but if he does at least that will be with the team of his choice

Again he spoke very well. He's saying what we are all saying and all know...

Results MUST improve. Fast...
    Last edited by smurf; 03-09-2011 at 01:14 AM.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I suppose it was only a mater of time. His second interview and we are moaning about the questions being asked.
    I will give it one more and they will be dismissed as propaganda, irrelevant and a useless waste of time. I am surprised its taken us this long to be honest Only Hibs fans.
    I await the posts saying they demand action on the park and less talking.

Bit of a selective "us" & "we" there, no? Something wrong with wanting a bit more "on the park" when we are bottom of the table, even if it is early? Dismiss last season all ye want but 1 point from 15 against the other "bottom six" clubs does not to me a good manager make, transition or no, this guy seems to have more excuses available than any manager I can remember and my memory goes back to 2 relegations.If only the managers team could defend like you defend him, eh?

This really annoys me..

The interviewer is a club employee, Hyland is his boss and all the questions will be carefully formulated and pre-agreed with Hyland before the camera is switched on. These interviews, while sometimes informative, are part of the club's communication effort and designed to take heat off the club.

I don't think you can expect much more than 'soft' questions that are skewed towards the message that the club wants to get over to the support.

In fairness if it was just club propaganda I don't think certain questions would have been asked.

Let's not knock this. It's a welcome arrival that the board are communicating with us.

Still don't know why the chairman isn't though?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    In fairness if it was just club propaganda I don't think certain questions would have been asked.

Let's not knock this. It's a welcome arrival that the board are communicating with us.

Still don't know why the chairman isn't though
    ?
    TBF to Rod, public speaking has never been his forte. He has, quite rightly IMO, let others take that on.

Even if he did speak, what would he say? Presumably, the message would be the same as FH and SL.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post

Still don't know why the chairman isn't though?
    It could be that th erecent changing roles at the top has meant Rodders no longer being the unacceptable face of Hibs, and that dubious honour has passed to the Executive Team and mainly the CX. Didn't stop Rodders slaughtering Yogi though...........

As you say though - it's a step in the right direction.

The next interview should be with Billy Bigboots apologing for his cretinour behaviour that has once again dragged the club's name down to the pits.

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    These interviews are a good idea. But, as my mum used to say, "If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well." And, in my opinion, a couple of simple changes would improve them a lot.

1. The interviewer is sucking the life out of them. It's not easy to seem energetic and inspiring when you're faced with someone with a monotone voice using phrases like, "Glean and ascertain the opinions and viewpoints of our support..." Put some energy into the questioning and Fife will have something to respond to.

2. Fife's positioning is slightly better than on previous interviews where he seemed to be cowering at the bottom of the frame like a frightened mouse. But he's still too low. (If you think it doesn't matter where he is on the screen, try scrolling this interview up to the top of your computer so that the top line of logos disappears. Immediately, Fife looks more dominant and like the leader we all want him to be.)

Petrie, etc!

Some folk are never happy !!!

Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    Some folk are never happy !!!

Some folk are easily pleased!

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dan sarf View Post
    These interviews are a good idea. But, as my mum used to say, "If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well." And, in my opinion, a couple of simple changes would improve them a lot.

1. The interviewer is sucking the life out of them. It's not easy to seem energetic and inspiring when you're faced with someone with a monotone voice using phrases like, "Glean and ascertain the opinions and viewpoints of our support..." Put some energy into the questioning and Fife will have something to respond to.

2. Fife's positioning is slightly better than on previous interviews where he seemed to be cowering at the bottom of the frame like a frightened mouse. But he's still too low. (If you think it doesn't matter where he is on the screen, try scrolling this interview up to the top of your computer so that the top line of logos disappears. Immediately, Fife looks more dominant and like the leader we all want him to be.)

Petrie, etc!
    Good post.

I've just fallen off my chair! Constructive criticism rather than the monotonous moaning we're so used to on here. Nice one Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    Good post.

I've just fallen off my chair! Constructive criticism rather than the monotonous moaning we're so used to on here. Nice one Sir.

Thank you for the thumbs up.

(My mum also said you should always say please and thank you!)

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    TBF to Rod, public speaking has never been his forte. He has, quite rightly IMO, let others take that on.

Even if he did speak, what would he say? Presumably, the message would be the same as FH and SL.
    True. I'm really not being negative about all of this as its much welcome communications from FH and SL.

However, we all know the real power is owner Sir Tom Farmer and chairman Rod Petrie. Fair enough (though I've never felt its good) that STF leaves things to the board but its something else that the most powerful board member disappears into obscurity...

If only Gordon Brown had thought of this....

As I say not being negative as FWIW I think these interviews from FH and SL are really welcome.

Let's hope soon they are discussing much improved results where it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    The interviewer is a club employee, Hyland is his boss and all the questions will be carefully formulated and pre-agreed with Hyland before the camera is switched on. These interviews, while sometimes informative, are part of the club's communication effort and designed to take heat off the club.

I don't think you can expect much more than 'soft' questions that are skewed towards the message that the club wants to get over to the support.
    That is exactly what is happening.

When I hear from the club, I expect it to be open and honest and I don't expect to be treated as if I am an idiot who doesn't see what's happening.

If I wanted to be subjected to disingenuous propaganda, I would move to Pyongyang and listen to Kim Jong-Il all day.

The current mood of the supporters is not because we've lost our last three league games, or because we got humped at Tynecastle for what seems like the millionth time in my lifetime, it's not even purely because we're bottom of the league after five league games. The utter crap that we have been made to watch has been going on now for around 18 months, we've barely won a game in that time and it shows absolutely no sign of coming to an end any time soon.

That is why the fans are upset and angry and that is why people are calling for a change in management, both at boardroom and at changing room level.

The sooner everyone at Easter Road accepts and realises that fact, the better for all concerned.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    That is exactly what is happening.

When I hear from the club, I expect it to be open and honest and I don't expect to be treated as if I am an idiot who doesn't see what's happening.

If I wanted to be subjected to disingenuous propaganda, I would move to Pyongyang and listen to Kim Jong-Il all day.

The current mood of the supporters is not because we've lost our last three league games, or because we got humped at Tynecastle for what seems like the millionth time in my lifetime, it's not even purely because we're bottom of the league after five league games. The utter crap that we have been made to watch has been going on now for around 18 months, we've barely won a game in that time and it shows absolutely no sign of coming to an end any time soon.

That is why the fans are upset and angry and that is why people are calling for a change in management, both at boardroom and at changing room level.

The sooner everyone at Easter Road accepts and realises that fact, the better for all concerned.
    By dismissing the boards tenacity in what they are trying to do in the manner you are its like saying you know better and they are the idiots.
    Fans on social websites (and I am including this one) are on the whole fickle and lurch from we are gonna win everything in sight to we are gonna be relegated by a mile in the space of a couple of games. The boards job is to look at the bigger picture and not a run of results however long/short poor or good.

The club is in good hands and calling for everyones head from the manager to head honcho instead of looking at things longer term is exactly why we seem to be being treated like idiots. All IMO of course.