hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Looking forward to Ian Murray's Testimonial on Sunday.

For all who are going should be a great day out this Sunday for Nids testimonial, looking forward to seeing so many ex Hibs players on show at our new finished stadium, and also getting to see a couple of stars in Vierra and Pires playing at ER as well.

Getting to see the wee man Russell Latapy again will be great.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Can we PATG?

And yes, looking forward to it - am I right that Pires & Vierra are playing for the Hibs team and not the legends one? Does this mean they're playing with our current crop of players?

Blog Entries
    Is there much interest in this game? Sundays don't work for me which is why i miss so many...like next weeks re-arranged match wasting my ST....

BUT even if i was available not sure i would bother.......

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    A good day out without worrying about the bile & bitterness of defeat.
    I'll take anything positive coming out of ER at the moment.
    GG

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we PATG?

And yes, looking forward to it - am I right that Pires & Vierra are playing for the Hibs team and not the legends one? Does this mean they're playing with our current crop of players?

Yes pay at the gate, not sure about the second bit though, but will try to find out for you okay.

Time does it all kick-off at?

At least we're guaranteed that a hibs team won't lose this weekend!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    At least we're guaranteed that a hibs team won't lose this weekend!
    On the other hand a Hibs team will lose.

I am quite excited by the testimonial as I am going to the Scotland game tomorrow and then Ian Murray's testimonial Sunday so it should be a relaxing and enjoyable weekend of football! Unlike some I think Ian has been a really good servant to the club and still has a lot to offer. The fact there are players from the past who still carry a lot of favour amongst the support participating means it should be a nice day out for all concerned with some money going to charity too!

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    For all who are going should be a great day out this Sunday for Nids testimonial, looking forward to seeing so many ex Hibs players on show at our new finished stadium, and also getting to see a couple of stars in Vierra and Pires playing at ER as well.

Getting to see the wee man Russell Latapy again will be great.

Agreed, I think I am looking forward to my son being a mascot more than the game though.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Time does it all kick-off at?

Hibs hero's vs supporters 1.15.

Hibs XI vs Legends 2 o'clock.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Agreed, I think I am looking forward to my son being a mascot more than the game though.

Great stuff, dont forget the camera and a marker for some autographs.

Hope your son has a brill day on Sunday, i bet you are getting a bit excitied to getting to see some old Hibs legends, and some not so old.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I cannae wait. VIP at the game then off to Shanghai on George Street for the after party! Should be a good day out and looking forward to us all showing our appreciation for Ian Murray.

I've missed all the details for this – what are the teams?

Yes pay at the gate, not sure about the second bit though, but will try to find out for you okay.
    Cheers SH!

i wasnt going to bother but would be good to see latapy and a few others playing again. i'll just be deciding on sunday morning though

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Austin View Post
    I've missed all the details for this – what are the teams?
    Check the sticky at the top of the forum..

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    Can we PATG?

Pires and Viera are playing for the current team against the legends team.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Great stuff, dont forget the camera and a marker for some autographs.

Hope your son has a brill day on Sunday, i bet you are getting a bit excitied to getting to see some old Hibs legends, and some not so old.
    Camera battery fully charged

I am sure he will although he is a bit nervous. I am sure he will be fine when he gets there!

The good thing about this testimonial is the fact that the opposition are made up of ex Hibbies which for this type of game is different, usually it is some english or foreign team who mean nothing. Will be great to see Latapy if the green and white again. Sauzee would haver topped it off however from what I have heard he proved more elusive than Lord Lucan!

I will wave to you all from the directors box as I eat my prawn sandwiches.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Got a maye playing in the fans game. Should be a good laugh for him! He is half decent too having been on acurrent spl teams books.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Is there much interest in this game? Sundays don't work for me which is why i miss so many...like next weeks re-arranged match wasting my ST....

BUT even if i was available not sure i would bother.......
    Are you talking about the Aberdeen game? I thought it was always on the fixture list as a Sunday game from day one.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Are you talking about the Aberdeen game? I thought it was always on the fixture list as a Sunday game from day one.
    Was changed because there was supposed to be some nonsence racist rally on the royal mile. Despite the fact that has not been allowed to go ahead the game is still on a sunday....farce.

On another note have just been watching some pires and vieria classic stuff on youtube...cant wait to see these boys playing for hibs.

A positive thread yay I'm really looking forward to Sunday, will be great to see the ex players again & everyone will hopefully go away with the feel good factor again, like the one we got last year at the Hands Off Hibs Concert. Sunday should make us proud to be part of the Hibernian family.

To anyone staying away in protest, come on get down to ER on Sunday & let's all have a good time, we can leave our protesting to another time, let's enjoy the event & be thankful for the hard work that has been put into organising it

HAIL HAIL

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Looking forward to it. Taking my 3 boys to show them what some good players in green and white look like.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
    A positive thread yay I'm really looking forward to Sunday, will be great to see the ex players again & everyone will hopefully go away with the feel good factor again, like the one we got last year at the Hands Off Hibs Concert. Sunday should make us proud to be part of the Hibernian family.

To anyone staying away in protest, come on get down to ER on Sunday & let's all have a good time, we can leave our protesting to another time, let's enjoy the event & be thankful for the hard work that has been put into organising it

HAIL HAIL

Quote Originally Posted by The_Famous_HFC View Post
    Got a maye playing in the fans game. Should be a good laugh for him! He is half decent too having been on acurrent spl teams books.

I hope your mate is as good you say as i'm also playing in the "Fans" Team and i haven't kicked a ball in anger for a few years.

Looking forward to it all the same

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    Was changed because there was supposed to be some nonsence racist rally on the royal mile. Despite the fact that has not been allowed to go ahead the game is still on a sunday....farce.

On another note have just been watching some pires and vieria classic stuff on youtube...cant wait to see these boys playing for hibs.

Yeah I know why it's on a Sunday, my point was that it was always going to be played on the sunday due to the SDL march and was in the fixture lists when they were produced as a Sunday fixture so it has not been rearranged or moved.

Will be there on Sunday myself and looking forward to seeing some old familiar faces and some not so familiar but class players on display

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Yeah I know why it's on a Sunday, my point was that it was always going to be played on the sunday due to the SDL march and was in the fixture lists when they were produced as a Sunday fixture so it has not been rearranged or moved.

Will be there on Sunday myself and looking forward to seeing some old familiar faces and some not so familiar but class players on display
    Sorry mate thought it had been switched when they stuck in their application for the march or whatever it is the idiots do.

Do you mean likes this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a26mScdqrhs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-_H9Et8aDU

Tremendous, anyone that sends that little grunt Beckham into the stand gets an from me!

taking my sisters wee one to his first hibs game, will be great for him to see some of our old boys and a couple of players that have won just about anything and everything in the world of football, legends!

Here is hoping they love green and white and dont want to take it off / stick around for a while.....not many clubs (other than those that paid 10's of millions) will have a vieria match strip, think he has only ever played in 1 maybe 2 testimonial matches so something for us hibs fans to be pretty proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    Sorry mate thought it had been switched when they stuck in their application for the march or whatever it is the idiots do.

Do you mean likes this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a26mScdqrhs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-_H9Et8aDU

Tremendous, anyone that sends that little grunt Beckham into the stand gets an from me!

taking my sisters wee one to his first hibs game, will be great for him to see some of our old boys and a couple of players that have won just about anything and everything in the world of football, legends!

Here is hoping they love green and white and dont want to take it off / stick around for a while.....not many clubs (other than those that paid 10's of millions) will have a vieria match strip, think he has only ever played in 1 maybe 2 testimonial matches so something for us hibs fans to be pretty proud of

Hope the wee one enjoys it, I think we will . There's something special about testimonials to me when you always remember years later which great players you saw in your clubs colours. I still fondly remember King Kenny turning out in a Hibs shirt for Alan Sneddons testimonial,coming not too long after I had moved here and given up my Anfield ST it was a special moment for me

I wonder if he will give everyone the "V" sign in appreciation of you turning up