hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Will CC be sacked this week?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 10.11%
  • No

160 89.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Will CC be sacked this week?

I'm saying no but defeat at home to aberdeen in the next game in two weeks time may see him away.

Should he be sacked this week - he should have been allowed to go to Brum or NF in the summer. I think the earliest report of interest was something like 10th June FFS. Chance to get some money for a dud of a manager missed by our dud of a Chairman or whatever RP is these days. Really poor decision making.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Nope.

But as each week progresses, then the case for his defence is crumbling.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope.

But as each week progresses, then the case for his defence is crumbling.
    Yep.

Think once Aberdeen undoubtedly beat us he will then get sacked.

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    Yep.

Think once Aberdeen undoubtedly beat us he will then get sacked.
    there is no way before XMAS, the current board have to back him after given him money to spend and hope that it all works out in the end. Works out means not getting relegated!

Left by mutual consent!
    Will he be? No. Should he be?

First Team Breakthrough
    It's a work in progress job at the moment - granted the progress is difficult to see at the moment however I think there is no point in anyone coming in after the transfer window closes therefore I'm with Scott - give him till Xmas.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee bouncer View Post
    It's a work in progress job at the moment - granted the progress is difficult to see at the moment however I think there is no point in anyone coming in after the transfer window closes therefore I'm with Scott - give him till Xmas.
    Difficult tae see? Hardly surprising as it disnae exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Will he be? No. Should he be?
    Think that would be the broad consensus on here. It's okay saying 'keep him till X-mas' but if we lose every game between now and then, that clearly isn't going to happen.

I'd think he's probably got about four or five games if we continue to lose games. And right now, I can't see where the next win is coming from. Even Dunfermline would fancy their chances against us at the moment.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I don't think he should go, I'm really struggling to justify why though as we've been absolute garbage since he took over.

Maybe clutching at straws but i think he's proven in the past he is a good manager, he's made a lot of signings with us and most look decent enough players and better than what we had before, plus i don't see the point in turning down compensation for him then sacking him about half a dozen games into the season. I also don't think we can go on changing managers every couple of years, in hindsight maybe we got rid of Yogi too early, although i do think the signings of Trakys and Duffy were signs that he had started to run out of ideas and was panicing a bit.

That said though his inability to motivate the team or stop the players making stupid individual errors is a big concern, his managerial style clearly isn't working just now, i'm wondering how much thats got to do with not having an assistant manager that can maybe do the things he can't, maybe nothing in that though.

He really does need to start getting results though

First Team Breakthrough
    The players he signed need to start earning their wages imo. He has had the backing of the Board and has put together a stronger squad than we have seen for at least 4 years. Its up to them now to go out and start wining games.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    NO - I've listened to a couple of interviews after the game, he's honest and knows the problem. He's said this team will take a bit of time to click. I think come the 2nd quarter we'll be firing on full cylinders.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I voted no but reckon he's got 6 games at most to turn things around. That will give him roughly as long into this season as Hughes got last year - up until the AGM.

What I don't understand is folk saying that on paper he has signed good players. Who exactly? Other then GoC and Sodje can we honestly say any have been a success? I know a lot of them haven't played much for one reason or another but for me there is nothing to suggest that he can spot a player at all - let alone get them performing as a team.

sadly no as turkeys dont vote for christmas

He wont get sacked this week, I think the only chance he had of getting sacked this week was if we got hammered yesterday witch we didn't.

Bottom line if i think he ll be given more time,how much time ? well only a couple of people know.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    I'm saying no but defeat at home to aberdeen in the next game in two weeks time may see him away.

Should he be sacked this week - he should have been allowed to go to Brum or NF in the summer. I think the earliest report of interest was something like 10th June FFS. Chance to get some money for a dud of a manager missed by our dud of a Chairman or whatever RP is these days. Really poor decision making.
    would the board have the hee haws to admit a huge blunder in turning down 300k and the blunder in handing him such a long contract anyway!

There's no danger that he'll be sacked this week.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaudiHibby View Post
    The players he signed need to start earning their wages imo. He has had the backing of the Board and has put together a stronger squad than we have seen for at least 4 years. Its up to them now to go out and start wining games.
    Agree that he has had the backing of the board but not that he has put together our strongest squad in four years.

Our defence is woefully short on quality and quantity and our midfield has no creativity

He should be but won't. The season has only started but we are in a real mess. Bottom of the league and very lucky to have 3 points. We will go down with him in charge. Our performances so far this season have been pathetic. CALDERWOOD MUST GO.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    Agree that he has had the backing of the board but not that he has put together our strongest squad in four years.

Our defence is woefully short on quality and quantity and our midfield has no creativity

wots deano up to these days

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I also don't think we can go on changing managers every couple of years, in hindsight maybe we got rid of Yogi too early, although i do think the signings of Trakys and Duffy were signs that he had started to run out of ideas and was panicing a bit.

He really does need to start getting results though
    Hughes was woeful towards the end and despite being 4th by our fingernails, he was not someone with whom the long term future of the club could be trusted. He, like Calderwood it seems, also had the knack of turning relatively good players into mediocre ones.

That said, IMO there is enough left in the season to see where this takes us and to give a manager time to get his squad settled and organised. I think Christmas is a reasonable number of games away to assess the situation. If we've not distinctly improved by then, it will a) have been a reasonable amount of time to expect some reaction, b) give a new manager a window to get in any essential additions to the squad and c) hopefully be enough time to dig us out of a relegation hole.

It is all a complete gamble because either way, the outcome is totally uncertain.

Shouldn't the option be 'Yes Please'?

i think we are stuck with him until he gets it right or he gets us relegated

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by scott7_0(Prague) View Post
    there is no way before XMAS, the current board have to back him after given him money to spend and hope that it all works out in the end. Works out means not getting relegated!
    What money has the board given him to spend? He has pretty much brought people in on free contracts or loans. Most of his signings contracts will be up at the end of the season or before. I have said it before, the board have been very careful here IMO, especially after the will he wont he saga. Players being brought in on 6 - 12 month deals, IMO, hardly makes a case that the board have been backing him financially.

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post

wots deano up to these days
    scoring goals in a killie strip

@hibs.net private member
    You should have had a should be option

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hwuhibby View Post
    scoring goals in a killie strip
    yeah i knew that mate, saw his goal against Caley. exactly the type we need IMO

Blog Entries
    Exactly. I don't know if that's what the OP intended or whether he meant literally what's there. Assuming he did mean the latter, I don't think there's the slightest chance of Petrie sacking him this week and I'm amazed that so many people do think it'll happen this week. Given the stance that Petrie and the Board took a wee while ago in keeping him, to sack him now would surely see the back of Petrie as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Exactly. I don't know if that's what the OP intended or whether he meant literally what's there. Assuming he did mean the latter, I don't think there's the slightest chance of Petrie sacking him this week and I'm amazed that so many people do think it'll happen this week. Given the stance that Petrie and the Board took a wee while ago in keeping him, to sack him now would surely see the back of Petrie as well.

Unfortunately that is the case. If Petrie sacks CC, Petrie has to go as well. Petrie will keep CC as long as possible in the hope he turns thing around. But he must be squirming in his chair at the games now, as it is clear to everyone with a brain in their head that CC is a disaster and we are heading for relegation under him.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Come xmas a very distinct possibility we are still bottom of SPl so why wait till then.Get him out now

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely no chance! It would bring into sight the monumental errors the board have made in the last few years!