hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb

Calderwood to go if we lose against Hearts?

I'm just putting this out there to gauge opinion for other Hibees.

After the ICT win today we are now rock bottom of the SPL, albeit with a game in hand, and it got me thinking of the lack of progress under Calderwood.

In my own opinion he was nor is the right man for the job and if things continue as they have been since April or so 12th place is something we may have to get used to.

What are your thoughts fellow Hibees?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by sbell1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

After the ICT win today we are now rock bottom of the SPL, albeit with a game in hand, and it got me thinking of the lack of progress under Calderwood.

In my own opinion he was nor is the right man for the job and if things continue as they have been since April or so 12th place is something we may have to get used to.

I think now would be a ridiculous time to empty Calderwood. He's essentially just completed his squad, let's give him some time to gel this new team together. I don't think I can bear yet another 'transition period'. Everyone just needs to have a little patience for the time being.

I'm actually feeling quietly confident about tomorrow anyway.

I don't see him getting sacked if we lose tomorrow in a fixture that we lose more often than not anyway, unless we get absolutely hammered.

I don't think anyone should pay any attention to the league table until at least after the 1st full round of fixtures. The only way CC would go would be if we got absolutely hammered, and that just isn't going to happen. I think we will win.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    I think now would be a ridiculous time to empty Calderwood. He's essentially just completed his squad, let's give him some time to gel this new team together. I don't think I can bear yet another 'transition period'. Everyone just needs to have a little patience for the time being.

I'm actually feeling quietly confident about tomorrow anyway.
    I appreciate where you're coming from but how long is "give him a bit of time" though?

Much the sam as the yams and their excuse for binning Jefferies for a poor run of form dating back 10-11 games or so I don't think we've been any better and we have suffered yet another poor start despite having relatively favourable fixtures.

I'm just sick of the same rubbish in his interviews and his repetitive poor team selections and even worse tactics.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Nah, not for me. If we are still in the same boat come the next derby maybe, but now that this is his team he needs time to show what he can do with them.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Nah, not for me. If we are still in the same boat come the next derby maybe, but now that this is his team he needs time to show what he can do with them.
    Who knows though, by that time we could be cut adrift from the teams above us.

With his teams though I just don't see us keeping a lot of clean sheets and GOC is only going to score so many goals and even with Sodje and now Griffiths I can't see us scoring a mesmerising number of goals.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    The next derby is 4 months away.

If we remain bottom of the league or in that general area, I expect him to be gone by about October/November.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I said i would back him for this full season so thats what im going to do. He gets time imo.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Who knows though, by that time we could be cut adrift from the teams above us.

With his teams though I just don't see us keeping a lot of clean sheets and GOC is only going to score so many goals and even with Sodje and now Griffiths I can't see us scoring a mesmerising number of goals.
    Your first 20-odd posts have been really rather miserable haven't they? Really miserable.

I'm not convinced by CC yet (not helped by his ambivalent attitude toward staying pre-season) but he has to be given a chance to make use of his new players.

We've changed managers far too often in recent years - and yes I admit I was one of those calling for Hughes to be shown the door just under a year ago (not that I regret it! ).
    Last edited by Sas_The_Hibby; 27-08-2011 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Handling View Post
    Your first 20-odd posts have been really rather miserable haven't they? Really miserable.
    That's okay - this is a HIBS Forum, after all!

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    That's okay - this is a HIBS Forum, after all!
    Agreed. But even the most despairing cynics here show a wee bit of light and shade. Unless Private Fraser here has another agenda!

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I'm looking forward to seeing this squad develop into a good team over the next few months. Just hope everyone is fit again soon. The manager now has the players he wants now lets see them play.

Being bottom of the league brings new pressure and focus by the media on CC's terrible record at Hibs. Above everything, he needs a spirited performance tomorrow and at least a draw - or a lucky win would be just as good. Can't see him being "sacked in the morning" but defeat would chip away at any remaining goodwill he still has at ER.

Im not thinking about losing to the yams ..im thinking of beating them ..no doubt CC is too ..

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar

Actually 2 games in hand.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Ah the secret of all good comedy - timing
    Is there much point to this question other than stirring?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Dont think sacking him after tomorrow would do any good, we have just brought in a lot of new players and they need time to gel together. If come the next window we are bottom, or in serious danger of relegation, then his future may need to be looked at, but given everything thats happened this summer, I imagine the board will stick with him as long as possible.

Im not a fan of CC, wasnt impressed when he was appointed but he is the manager, we need to get behind him and the team and hope that the squad he has assembled can turn things around and start putting in performances and getting results.

Jeez leave off with the boundless optimism eh? Its getting tiresome now.

We're gonna beat them tomorrow. End of story.

Seriously unless you believe that we have a vlad type scenario with players being bought without managers Approval the board would be mad to sack CC given theyve pretty much backed him as far as they can. It would be folly IMO I think the activity signals the boards intent to be in it for the longhaul with CC.

It will be interesting to see how the Board handle the AGM if, say, we were still propping up the rest of the SPL in 6/7 weeks time.

They've backed him - plenty of players in - some of them with a decent enough pedigree, or at least enough to suggest they're not duds. What we're all looking forward to is seeing how this, his, team develop.

The game last week against St Murn was really a new low in terms of performance and anything approaching guile, so the only was is up, literally, as we can't get any worse, surely.

Time for this Hibs team and our manager to walk the walk, and doing that tomorrow would be a great way to start the revival.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    I can't believe how negative some on here are, though I suspect some are yams, Surely our focus should be on getting behind the team and getting the 3 points against the inbreds

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    I don't think anyone should pay any attention to the league table until at least after the 1st full round of fixtures. The only way CC would go would be if we got absolutely hammered, and that just isn't going to happen. I think we will win.
    In the old days they never even used to print league tables till about 4 games in. Paying attention to league tables in August is ludicrous.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    [QUOTE=sbell1875;2900241]I'm just putting this out there to gauge opinion for other Hibees.

What are your thoughts fellow Hibees?[/QUOTE

2 games in hand on some,dont see the point of this thread tbh as a win at the pbs and we will be above the pink lot with a game in hand lets be positive ,glass half full and all that.

ggtth

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    Keep him until Shamrock get emptied out of the Europa then get Michael O'Neill in.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I can't believe how negative some on here are, though I suspect some are yams, Surely our focus should be on getting behind the team and getting the 3 points against the inbreds
    maybe the op's question is to launch or not to launch ;)

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Calderwood might be tactically naive, but he's got an eye for a bargain - making him better than Yogi on one out of two aspects.

Give him time, the players he is bringing in are of a good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    The next derby is 4 months away.

If we remain bottom of the league or in that general area, I expect him to be gone by about October/November.
    I'm of the same mind. We need to see some evidence of progress in terms of results/performances by the end of October or there is no point in sticking with him.

We'll be watching the other SPL managers with less time and resources and if they are still outperforming CC then he's a turkey and has to go.

Michael O'Neil is in the Europa League with a club which currently has a turnover of .5 million and stands to make 5 times that from their games, especially if they play them at the Aviva. This should see them dominate Irish domestic football for a decade.

Looks to me like, since he lucked out on Mowbray, RP couldn't pick his nose.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Even if we lose heavily tomorrow I can`t see the board sacking him now or in the next few weeks after letting him bring in players during the summer. If he goes he would have to resign . If we are still at the bottom of the league in a couple of months or so they would have little option.