hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Motherwell

Motherwell

Looking a decent side, already miles in front of us and on a chip shop budget.

Why does such an impoverished club seem to be able to put out an organised, well-balanced, entertaining, competitive, winning side, something which, with the exception of Hughes for over four or five months, the last four Hibernian managers have failed to do?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Why does such an impoverished club seem to be able to put out an organised, well-balanced, entertaining, competitive, winning side, something which, with the exception of Hughes for over four or five months, the last four Hibernian managers have failed to do?
    McCall has done well there, with less time and less money. credit where its due

Bu they have a terrible stadium, (was a) shocking pitch, hardly any fans, don't have their own Training Facility, not a lot of history.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar

We used to have a team just like that, before we started increasing the wage bar.

Looking at the Motherwell team they are very similiar to what Hibs were about 6 seasons ago or so. A decent amount of young players who have been together for a season or two along with a few experienced players in key area's. I think they will be the team to beat for third place for any side with such aspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by col02 View Post
    Looking at the Motherwell team they are very similiar to what Hibs were about 6 seasons ago or so. A decent amount of young players who have been together for a season or two along with a few experienced players in key area's. I think they will be the team to beat for third place for any side with such aspirations.

That seems to exclude us, then.

Again.

[/B]

That seems to exclude us, then.

Again.
    I honestly believe we will go on a decent run once the side begins to gel. Whether that is only enough to make top six or beyond I guess we will have to wait and see.

If you want to get out of Motherwell then you're going to have to play well and hope for a move to a nice wee town or city.

Whereas our players already have all that so don't have to bother.

It's really simple.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    If you want to get out of Motherwell then you're going to have to play well and hope for a move to a nice wee town or city.

Whereas our players already have all that so don't have to bother.

It's really simple.
    You could be right.

But they don't seem to the turnover of decent players we do. As soon as somebody strings a couple of decent passes together at ER, they are being touted for the OF or down south.

Fed up with us playing second fiddle to crap clubs from *hit towns. If that makes me sound like someone who has ingested too much uncut produce of Colombia, so be it.

If I was chairman I'd tell any manager 'nothing less than 10 points against M'well is acceptable.'

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    Bu they have a terrible stadium, (was a) shocking pitch, hardly any fans, don't have their own Training Facility, not a lot of history.

The other points are true, begging the question why are they doing so much better on the pitch than us?

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    You could be right.

But they don't seem to the turnover of decent players we do. As soon as somebody strings a couple of decent passes together at ER, they are being touted for the OF or down south.

Fed up with us playing second fiddle to crap clubs from *hit towns. If that makes me sound like someone who has ingested too much uncut produce of Colombia, so be it.

If I was chairman I'd tell any manager 'nothing less than 10 points against M'well is acceptable.'
    Bob, I usuallly rely on you to cheer me up

@hibs.net private member Newcastlehibby's Avatar

John Collins?

Only 4 points ahead of us if we win both games in hand.

Beat them next time... 1 point !

Simples !

motherwell seem to be the team who are going to have a wee run and build a bit of momentum / raise a few hopes, before (probably) fading in their challenge as the season stretches out.

between ourselves, yams, united, dons, and also mwell - there's always been one....and then due to youth or success the decent squad loses a few essential faces before rebuilding. familiar strory?

i hope they are successful so that we get the chance to see mccall pished, falling off of cars again!

I blame East Mains.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post
    Exactly. As far as I am aware they have not played the old firm yet, and will have had 1 or 2 more home games than us?

They have started well fair play to them, but lets be honest that is all it is, a start, still plenty more to come, lets see if they are still in this position in a few games time / after the january transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    McCall has done well there, with less time and less money. credit where its due
    Would like to take this opportunity to point out that McCall was my choice as manager before CC got the job. Funny thing is, when I said this at the time I got slaughtered for it

Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post
    These days I count games in hand as zero points.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    These days I count games in hand as zero points.
    Me too. Sadly.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo

The old firm will come calling soon and take their best players then watch as they slide down the league beside us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post

The other points are true, begging the question why are they doing so much better on the pitch than us?
    At the moment they are.

Do we all wish we were Motherwell now? Last season it was Kilmarnock.

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    At the moment they are.

Do we all wish we were Motherwell now? Last season it was Kilmarnock.
    Not me. I just wish it was our team getting the plaudits for playing decent football.
    Last edited by marinello59; 28-08-2011 at 07:10 AM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    Exactly. As far as I am aware they have not played the old firm yet, and will have had 1 or 2 more home games than us?

They have started well fair play to them, but lets be honest that is all it is, a start, still plenty more to come, lets see if they are still in this position in a few games time / after the january transfer window.
    Did they not play and lose 0-2 to the Huns?

J

0-3, the usual McCall lie down to his pals.