hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The derby.

First Team Breakthrough

The derby.

We all can pick up on negatives about recent performances. But This coming Sunday the gloves are off. All bets are off. A derby, as you all know ensures all form goes out of the window. Hibs12thMan are asking all Hibees to Wear as much green n white for the derby game at Tynie. Every Hibs fan will be given a Balloon in either Green or White before you enter the stadium. Hibs12thMan has purchased 3500 of them. We are asking you to blow up your balloon and get it in the air for when the teams come out. Let's make some noise and get right behind the team for this game. Even I have a few negatives to say about this current team, however, I will be leaving all that at the turnstiles on Sunday. This is the game we all hate to lose. Let's all play our part and get right behind the team. Watch out for final posts about the Corteo that will depart from the Murrayfield hotel. This, we hope, will become a regular fixture. It was the idea of young hibbies. They deserve your support. See you all at the game folks. G.G.T.T.H.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Im definitely going to be hoarse on Monday morning (well someone has to tell wotherspoon how shi'iite he is).

In all seriousness, good post and well done the 12th man.

Where does this 'all form goes out the window' guff come from?
    With the exception of the Casper the Ghost derby for us, and the post-CIS cup win debacle against us, most recent derbies have gone how id hav expected, taking into account league form and derby history.

I can't tie balloons Will politely ask someone to do it for me.

But great idea and hope we are outsinging them for 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    me neither. And i hate those bits at the end of the balloon that look like an 'outie' belly-button.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post

But great idea and hope we are outsinging them for 90 minutes.
    you don't have to tie a baoon. Just blow it up and hold the end and wave it. That way you also get a free balloon to play with at home. Endless fun.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Judging by the recent derbies ill probably have more fun playing with the balloon than watching the game

Good idea, seen this done at a Sparta Prague game and it looked quality. How are you going to give everyone a balloon though?

I can't make it on Sunday as I'm down at Leeds but I've always gone to Tynie to have a good day, support the team and let the game take care of itself. I never expect hibs to get a good result but when we do it's a bonus. And BTW, I can think of lots of examples when the form book "goes out the window" in relation to derbies. 2-2 the year we got relegated, 2-1 to hearts when hibs were flying under TM, post-CIS final, the Millennium Derby, 2-1 to hibs (Harper volley after losing 7-0 to rangers), the "unbeatable" derby. I could go on and on. Derbies are impossible to predict.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by mentalhibee View Post
    Good idea, seen this done at a Sparta Prague game and it looked quality. How are you going to give everyone a balloon though?
    with volunteers outside the stadium handing to hibees as they walk up

Quote Originally Posted by mickki40 View Post
    with volunteers outside the stadium handing to hibees as they walk up
    Great idea Mick, can I get a green poodle shaped balloon please. See you in the hotel for a beer.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Well done to the organisers for this. I personally think its a great idea.

Just hope we can fill our end...

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar
    cue us conceding a goal just like darren bent vs liverpool a few seasons ago.

joking - i think it's a great idea.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by carnoustiehibee View Post
    Great idea Mick, can I get a green poodle shaped balloon please. See you in the hotel for a beer.
    I shall do you a shaped balloon. It usually ends up looking like my lower intestines, even though at the outset it should have been a giraffe.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Judging by the recent derbies ill probably have more fun playing with the balloon than watching the game
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by FastEddieFelson View Post

Well done the 12th man, good stuff - let's get the Bounce going and cheer on (and cheer up) the team!

PS good point re darren bent…if i was Hibs skipper I'd make Hearts defend the Hibs end in the first half and get Garry O to hit pot shots from everywhere. Mon the Hibeeeees

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Yep good post Mick, don't forget about the Corteo guys!

It kicks off at Murrayfield Hotel and anyone between there and Tynie can join in no problem, so get your backsides along to the Murrayfield Hotel or Roseburn Bar beforehand, we're leaving at 2.30.

Bring on the ****s

Shouldn't need all this crap for a derby, everyone should be going mental without 'balloons'

Also, this procession or whatever it is should be going straight down the middle of Gorgie road or no-one will even notice.

In my opinion likes.

I remember one poster last week referring to many of the Singing Section as "Witless Dafties" I admit most are dafties but witless?

Never!!

Class!!

I have a family committment on Sunday but to all that are there - for every goal they score - sing louder. Lets show these ****s ......

WE SUPPORT OUR TEAM100% !!

I'll be there and bringing along 2 brand spanking new Hibees with me. Let's hope to get them hooked.

GGTTH :cgwa

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantic View Post
    Shouldn't need all this crap for a derby, everyone should be going mental without 'balloons'

Also, this procession or whatever it is should be going straight down the middle of Gorgie road or no-one will even notice.

In my opinion likes.
    "All this crap" is to help add to the atmosphere on the day, and judging by the way ER has been recently (not having a go at anyone here, especially the 12th man who I think are excellent) we could use all the help we can get.

And in terms of the Corteo were not doing it for attention or to get noticed were doing it to get all the Hibees in full voice before the game has even started which can only be a good thing getting hundreds of Hibees in a singing mood before even getting into the ground

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by seanraff07 View Post
    Yep good post Mick, don't forget about the Corteo guys!

It kicks off at Murrayfield Hotel and anyone between there and Tynie can join in no problem, so get your backsides along to the Murrayfield Hotel or Roseburn Bar beforehand, we're leaving at 2.30.

Bring on the ****s
    Get a post up on all forums Raffo to remind folks etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FastEddieFelson View Post

It's a valid point though. What are we to do with 3500 inflated balloons, as folk aren't going to keep a hold of them for 90 minutes. Burst them every time a Hearts player lines up to shoot at that end?

A good idea, but I can see a couple of logistical issues once the match kicks off. We can't really have 3500 (or even 1000) balloons floating onto the field of play.

Still, I'll blow mine up and it'll look pretty good just before kick-off.

@hibs.net private member
    Ignore any negativity guys - good on you for trying to bring some fun and atmosphere back to Hibs games - go for it! It will be a great reception for the team!

Good effort 12th man guys Taking my wee bro to his first game at tynie and sounds like its going to be a cracking atmosphere

people mentioning what to do with the balloon, Just chuck it in the air hit it up. hopefully that day the wind is blowing into there ends, can you imagine there ends being filled of green and white balloons

Quote Originally Posted by 325EasterRoad View Post
    I remember one poster last week referring to many of the Singing Section as "Witless Dafties" I admit most are dafties but witless?

Never!!

Class!!

I have a family committment on Sunday but to all that are there - for every goal they score - sing louder. Lets show these ****s ......

WE SUPPORT OUR TEAM100% !!
    Aimed at me I presume

And I stand by with what I said. There are alot of witless dafties, 'Toon Army', 'Flower of Scotland', 'We arra people', just some of the songs sung at the Sunderland and Sellick match, aswell as the 'OOOOO oooo OOOOO' thingy against Celtic, hardly wit in my eyes.

Not a dig, just saying! Balloons sound good. Bring on the Hertz :

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Quote Originally Posted by mickki40 View Post
    Get a post up on all forums Raffo to remind folks etc.
    I done it on here and The Bounce last night, want me to post on 12th Man FB page as well?

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post

Well done the 12th Man for staying positive and supporting the team. Nothing the Yams like more than seeing us turn on our own team. So for that reason alone we should remain positive. Undoubtedly it is going to be a season of mixed fortunes at best, but that, as we know, is life as a Hibby.