hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Tomorrow is D Day for CC

Before anyone starts Im suggesting that the Board sack Mr Calderwood tomorrow if we dont win. I am somewhat amazed at the support he has on this site. Ok he has rebuilt the team he inherited from Yogi but as yogi himself stated the rebuilding process would have taken time. In my opinion the board overeacted to some so called Hibs fans calling for yogi,s head. Mr calderwood has done nothing in my opinion that has bettered the side when he took over from yogi I belive we were eighth Mr calderwood guided us to tenth. The facts and figures speak for themselves CCs results have been shocking add to that the brand of football we are playing is very very poor. At the end of last season we drew with St. Mirren and lost to every other bottom six team. He has had plenty of time to work with the vast majority of the squad and although bringing in his own players may pacify some of our support the only place we are heading is the First Division unless the board act now. I know many supporters will talk about changing Managers frequently but if something is not working you dont just ignore it. I have frequently stated my opinion of whom should be appointed and I think Rod should be looking at Gordon Strachan, he is a Hibs Man and would not take any nonsense. As we are one of the Clubs in the SPL with lesser debts than many others I feel the board should spend a reasonable amount of money to get some good solid hard working journeymen into the side who can compliment our up and coming young players. We can all see what is required of our current side, a Comanding centre Half who takes no prisoners, a couple of good full backs, two ball winners in the midfield who can take control and provide good ball to our front men and finally a solid forward who will rough up other defences. For Years as a team we have been far too soft and powder Puff its time this club and the people who represent us in the board room invest the capital to make us a force once again in Scottish and hopefully european football. Invest and we will once again see ER full to capacity. I for one am sick to death of seeing our once great team being made a laughing stock.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Wellbankhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Before anyone starts Im suggesting that the Board sack Mr Calderwood tomorrow if we dont win. I am somewhat amazed at the support he has on this site. Ok he has rebuilt the team he inherited from Yogi but as yogi himself stated the rebuilding process would have taken time. In my opinion the board overeacted to some so called Hibs fans calling for yogi,s head. Mr calderwood has done nothing in my opinion that has bettered the side when he took over from yogi I belive we were eighth Mr calderwood guided us to tenth. The facts and figures speak for themselves CCs results have been shocking add to that the brand of football we are playing is very very poor. At the end of last season we drew with St. Mirren and lost to every other bottom six team. He has had plenty of time to work with the vast majority of the squad and although bringing in his own players may pacify some of our support the only place we are heading is the First Division unless the board act now. I know many supporters will talk about changing Managers frequently but if something is not working you dont just ignore it. I have frequently stated my opinion of whom should be appointed and I think Rod should be looking at Gordon Strachan, he is a Hibs Man and would not take any nonsense. As we are one of the Clubs in the SPL with lesser debts than many others I feel the board should spend a reasonable amount of money to get some good solid hard working journeymen into the side who can compliment our up and coming young players. We can all see what is required of our current side, a Comanding centre Half who takes no prisoners, a couple of good full backs, two ball winners in the midfield who can take control and provide good ball to our front men and finally a solid forward who will rough up other defences. For Years as a team we have been far too soft and powder Puff its time this club and the people who represent us in the board room invest the capital to make us a force once again in Scottish and hopefully european football. Invest and we will once again see ER full to capacity. I for one am sick to death of seeing our once great team being made a laughing stock.
    Sniff?

Think you'll find laughing stock was last night

Quote Originally Posted by Wellbankhibby;2891397[B
    ]Before anyone starts Im suggesting that the Board sack Mr Calderwood tomorrow if we dont win. I am somewhat amazed at the support he has on this site. Ok he has rebuilt the team he inherited from Yogi but as yogi himself stated the rebuilding process would have taken time. In my opinion the board overeacted to some so called Hibs fans calling for yogi,s head. Mr calderwood has done nothing in my opinion that has bettered the side when he took over from yogi I belive we were eighth Mr calderwood guided us to tenth. The facts and figures speak for themselves CCs results have been shocking add to that the brand of football we are playing is very very poor. At the end of last season we drew with St. Mirren and lost to every other bottom six team. He has had plenty of time to work with the vast majority of the squad and although bringing in his own players may pacify some of our support the only place we are heading is the First Division unless the board act now. I know many supporters will talk about changing Managers frequently but if something is not working you dont just ignore it. I have frequently stated my opinion of whom should be appointed and I think Rod should be looking at Gordon Strachan, he is a Hibs Man and would not take any nonsense. As we are one of the Clubs in the SPL with lesser debts than many others I feel the board should spend a reasonable amount of money to get some good solid hard working journeymen into the side who can compliment our up and coming young players. We can all see what is required of our current side, a Comanding centre Half who takes no prisoners, a couple of good full backs, two ball winners in the midfield who can take control and provide good ball to our front men and finally a solid forward who will rough up other defences. For Years as a team we have been far too soft and powder Puff its time this club and the people who represent us in the board room invest the capital to make us a force once again in Scottish and hopefully european football. Invest and we will once again see ER full to capacity. I for one am sick to death of seeing our once great team being made a laughing stock. [/B]
    Should the first line not be I'm 'not' suggesting that the board sack CC

First Team Regular Haggis Hibby's Avatar

Overwhelming smell of Yam, on this post.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis Hibby View Post
    I personally dont give a stuff about the Yams, Im only interested in My team. In any walk of life if your not doing your job right you get some time to improve. Im afraid Mr Calderwood has not improved our side. The Facts are in Black and White.

Three games into the season and the morn is d-day , stop it please

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithBoozy View Post
    Overwhelming smell of Yam, on this post.
    You are typical of some of the narrow minded so called Hibees if anyone says anything at all against the club you think they are Yams. As I said I dont care what other people say I have followed Hibs for 50 years and Im sick to death watching players who cant even control a ball. I agree Hearts are a laughing stock but we are heading that way as well. we should all be singing of the same hymn sheet. Surely its not wrong to want the best for our team. I despair at comments such as yours and Im of the opinion as your name says that you must be boozy if your enjoying watching us recently. I for one want to watch attacking football as I did in the 70s with turnbulls tornadoes.

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Three games into the season and the morn is d-day , stop it please
    Exactly.

CC has had time to build his side. Now he needs time to gel it.

Settle down people.

I don't think the OP is a Yam but D-Day is a bit of a Yammish term to use.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricla View Post
    Exactly.CC has had time to build his side. Now he needs time to gel it.Settle down people.I don't think the OP is a Yam but D-Day is a bit of a Yammish term to use.

@hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar
    I personally dont give a stuff about the Yams, Im only interested in My team. In any walk of life if your not doing your job right you get some time to improve. Im afraid Mr Calderwood has not improved our side. The Facts are in Black and White.
    I don't care if you're hertz or Hibs fan - this is nonsense. There's very little chance that a team of new players & youngsters is going to gel after 4 games - the recent signings will barely be match fit!

The suggestion that this game is some kind of final straw for CC is rediculous - the time to judge his team / progress is end of 1st quarter at earliest & possibly even end of 2nd quarter.

Fed up reading this nonsense after every setback - give the guy a break until the team's properly up & running ffs!
    Last edited by RMQ1967; 19-08-2011 at 08:46 PM.

As always you as a supporter are entitled to an opinion but come on - three games into the season and you want the manager sacked !!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    You put Shaun Lawson to shame in making a short point into an epic adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by baybee View Post
    i don't care if you're hertz or hibs fan - this is nonsense. There's very little chance that a team of new players & youngsters is going to gel after 4 games - the recent signings will barely be match fit!

The suggestion that this game is some kind of final straw for cc is rediculous - the time to judge his team / success is end of 1st quarter at earliest & possibly even end of 2nd quarter.

Fed up reading this nonsense after every setback - give the guy a break until the team's properly up & running ffs!
    exactly, bang-on.

Had we kept Yogi I truly believe we would have been playing in the first division this year.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    As always you as a supporter are entitled to an opinion but come on - three games into the season and you want the manager sacked !!
    The Problem is it isnt just 3 games into the season its the results since he took over. Add to that is we have probably only had one very good performance in all that time. So Im afraid get your facts right. Once again the stats do not lie.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    For all those not prepared to give time to managers and ride out the storm I suggest speaking to a dons fan.
    Let the man get on with it keep the heid.
    "When you're going through hell keep going"
    And it's hardly hell - well not yet ;)

Quote Originally Posted by erskine-hibby View Post
    Had we kept Yogi I truly believe we would have been playing in the first division this year.
    No doubt about it.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by erskine-hibby View Post
    Again we are all entitled to our opinion but I disagree and think Yogi would have turned results in our favour. Anyway its done now and if we keep CC we WILL be in the first Division I have NO DOUBT about that.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    For all those not prepared to give time to managers and ride out the storm I suggest speaking to a dons fan.
    Let the man get on with it keep the heid.
    "When you're going through hell keep going"
    And it's hardly hell - well not yet ;)
    That is a matter of opinion. I have said before I have Never saw a worse Hibs team. I can only hope things improve but I genuinely dont see that with CC to me he is worse than useless. I would donate some of my wages for his bus fair to birmingham or Forest or wherever he wants to be because the truth is we all know he dosn,t want to be at ER.
    Last edited by Wellbankhibby; 19-08-2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Spelling error

First Team Regular Haggis Hibby's Avatar
    Again we are all entitled to our opinion but I disagree and think Yogi would have turned results in our favour. Anyway its done now and if we keep CC we WILL be in the first Division I have NO DOUBT about that.
    wanna share the Lotto numbers...... oh seeyer of all

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Really?

Dinnae be silly

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Baybee View Post
    I don't care if you're hertz or Hibs fan - this is nonsense. There's very little chance that a team of new players & youngsters is going to gel after 4 games - the recent signings will barely be match fit!

The suggestion that this game is some kind of final straw for CC is rediculous - the time to judge his team / progress is end of 1st quarter at earliest & possibly even end of 2nd quarter.

I didnt say that what I said was get the right man in charge my opinion Strachan if he would come to us Get some hard players into the squad, journeymen willing to battle for the cause and they will pass their experience to our young players. Everyone knows managers and new squads need time to gel. In my opinion CC has had more than enough time. If I saw any kind of improvement then I woudnt be on here moaning but in my opinion Nothing has changed since he took over as manager.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    The Problem is it isnt just 3 games into the season its the results since he took over. Add to that is we have probably only had one very good performance in all that time. So Im afraid get your facts right. Once again the stats do not lie.
    Stats will show how crap we were post split
    But there CC demoed who should get punted rather than leaving it to preseason
    It cost the remaining games but didn't encroach into this season so we can truly rebuild.
    It's an evolution - fair enough if folks choose not to put their faith in CC until some consistent stustained decent results. I choose to support as long as hes here.

Gamer IDs

Infact, in 3-4 months time I will bump this thread and see if you still believe that.

Blog Entries
    I think you are SO completely wrong,and MY IRREFUTABLE statistics,show you no NOTHING about the square root of FA.

you TELL us what you think is the truth.....but damn us with lies,and non-existant statistics.

your worse than BH on the wind-up

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar

Panic Panic Panic

Hear we go again a few bad results and sack the manager. Yes we are all entitled to our opinions and i am as unhappy as any other disgruntled Hibs supporter at this time. The facts are that there is something wrong at ER and I am not privy to this but we have to look at the overall situation. I heard on the radio at todays warm down Hibs players were laughing and jokingthis is clearly unacceptable. Lets drop the majority of the so called first team and replace then with our youth team at least we will see some effort from them. If the problem is found to be Yogi then yes look for an alternative Manager.Some supporters are far to quick to call for managers heads Mixu, Collins and now Yogi. Give him at least the whole of next season to see how we stand. Yogi is adament that he knows what is wrong give him the opportunity to prove himself. A new manager is not the answer at this time if he has a run of poor results you will want him out as well. I am not happy with recent results far from it but there is a lack of confidence at this time and calling for more change is very unsettling.

Your post of 10th April 2010
    Last edited by Dirkster23; 19-08-2011 at 09:38 PM.
    Happy as Larry!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis Hibby View Post
    wanna share the Lotto numbers...... oh seeyer of all
    Its all about opinions. I dont think you and some of our so called supporters are watching the same team as me. We are rank rotton Killie could easily given us 8. When have you ever saw a hibs team played off the park by kilmarnock, no disrespect to them. Grow up and dont bury your head in the sand. Please

Gamer IDs

Its all about opinions. I dont think you and some of our so called supporters are watching the same team as me. We are rank rotton Killie could easily given us 8. When have you ever saw a hibs team played off the park by kilmarnock, no disrespect to them. Grow up and dont bury your head in the sand. Please
    How has he got his head buried in the sand? Do expand?