hibs.net Messageboard

Harry Redknapp : What a joker!

'I thought we were coming to an intimidating place' and kept a straight face. Nice one Harry.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Expected it to be a much closer game, gladly surprised, coys

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Looks like tottenham are going to treat the europa league, like the league cup....big target for these teams is the champions league, anything else is small beer..
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

MikeAaronhall, continuing the cricketing theme on Twitter: "I hope Spurs declare early at White Hart Lane, to allow Hearts a chance to bat."

Blog Entries
    Tynecastle - 'intimidating'. Rednapp, Burley, Townsend and Jordan used that description tonight .......... It's an 'urban myth' that's grown from nowhere.

First Team Breakthrough machibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tynecastle - 'intimidating'. Rednapp, Burley, Townsend and Jordan used that description tonight .......... It's an 'urban myth' that's going nowhere.
    Fixed that for you

Dundee united would of given them a much better game

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Any building that's close to collapse is considered intimidating, to be fair.

Especially when it's asbestos-ridden.

Why can't they do a Hibs and change the camera positioning to face their slightly-less honking stand. It's an absolute embarrassment looking at that crumbling, rickety old shed. Or they could properly do a Hibs and actually build a sta........nah, stupid thought.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Tynecastle - 'intimidating'. Rednapp, Burley, Townsend and Jordan used that description tonight .......... It's an 'urban myth' that's grown from nowhere.
    Jim, it's all they've got...it's a dump....I reckon they're just being respectful, and saying the right things....ten to a penny they don't really think that...just saying what they want to hear....really can't see Spurs being intimidated by tynie when they play week in week out at huge stadiums...
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar
    What's Hearts and Heather mills mcCartney got in common ?

They both have a useless second leg

Quote Originally Posted by Last Minute View Post
    What's Hearts and Heather mills mcCartney got in common ?

They both have a useless second leg

First Team Breakthrough machibby's Avatar
    I guess no one told Harry the rioting and looting is over

Im just back from the match and if thats an intimidating atmosphere im a garden snail with herpes....other than a 10 minute period at the start of the 2nd half the place was like a library...spurs were everything i hoped they would be...the sublime, one touch interpassing was on a different level to anything the jambos had to offer and the fans knew they were beat after 5 minutes...heads went down all around me and the stampede to the doors after the third was a thing of beauty...after the fifth went in i was thinking about the special number as im sure were a few jambos but sadly we'll have to wait a week before spurs add numbers 6 and 7 to the tally...funniest songs of the night...from spurs at 4-0...'4-0 in your cup final,4-0 in your cup final' ect...also, 'are you west ham in disguise?'.....from the jambos...'your only here cos your homeless'...and...'you only sing when your looting''.

an enjoyable night and probably the best football exhibition i've seen in person for many a year...standouts were krankjer and van der vart...both top drawer...hearts?...outclassed to the point were their own fans were laughing at them...they were utterly devoid of imagination,inspiration or perspiration...a few of the more astute sitting around me were moaning that 'at least jim jefferies would have sent them out with some fire in their bellies'...in truth,spurs would have destroyed any team in scotland with that display...and im not sure they were trying too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    Brilliant

i've just remembered another song the jambos were chanting...replying to some song by spurs about how poor the home support were the jambos again showed their obsession with 'club size' by chanting...'your just a small club in london...small club in london' ect....i had a wee chuckle to myself as i thought of a reply i might use if i were a spurs fan...perhaps,''in england you'd be conference...in england you'd be conference'' ect....the dafties never fail to amaze me with their 'size issues'

First Team Breakthrough MCameron's Avatar
    As the 5th went in I got a message 'Do you think the hearts fans are all watching big brother?' Surely little sister is more that morally corrupt bunches style - no?