hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

A club going nowhere...

In the whole of the calendar year 2010 Hibs produced one single memorable performance (memorable for the right reasons!) - the 3-0 win at Ibrox. With well over half of the calendar year 2011 gone we have yet to produce a single one, and it's not difficult to see us going through to the end of the year without one. That will mean one single memorable performance in two years and about a hundred games of football.

Our club is going nowhere. I can't be bothered remembering how many managers have come and gone. We have squandered the legacy of the money we got for O'Connor, Riordan, Thomson, Brown, Whittaker, Sproule, Fletcher. We have nothing to show for it on the pitch. We have squandered the legacy of a youth team who won everything only a few years back - how many of these players made the breakthrough to the full side? How any of them are still with the club?

Fiefdoms aren't healthy. They degenerate into dictatorships, and dictatorships aren't a good way of running things.

If I was the CEO of a company that had performed as poorly as Hibs have as a football team for so many years, I would have tendered my resignation a long time ago, without having to be asked. I wonder how long we're going to have to wait.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    What about our clubs first ever win in Inverness? Which was of course 2 weeks ago.

Agree

I can't recall leaving ER in recent times with a smile on my face saying that was great.

I can recall several shaking my head and saying that was absolute pish

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree

I can't recall leaving ER in recent times with a smile on my face saying that was great.

I can recall several shaking my head and saying that was absolute pish
    Welcome back. How was your fortnight off?

We are going somewhere.............league one

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    What about our clubs first ever win in Inverness? Which was of course 2 weeks ago.
    Er... yes. I was dancing in the streets for days after that one. It was one of the highlights of my fifty years as a Hibby.

@hibs.net private member
    Welcome back. How was your fortnight off?

Blog Entries
    If you asked any SPL club which team they are guaranteed to beat at least once, probably twice and possibly thrice or more, in one season, there will be only one answer. We are the undisputed soft touch of the SPL and it's a shameful title we don't look like shaking off for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Nailrod View Post
    In the whole of the calendar year 2010 Hibs produced one single memorable performance (memorable for the right reasons!) - the 3-0 win at Ibrox. With well over half of the calendar year 2011 gone we have yet to produce a single one, and it's not difficult to see us going through to the end of the year without one. That will mean one single memorable performance in two years and about a hundred games of football.

Our club is going nowhere. I can't be bothered remembering how many managers have come and gone. We have squandered the legacy of the money we got for O'Connor, Riordan, Thomson, Brown, Whittaker, Sproule, Fletcher. We have nothing to show for it on the pitch. We have squandered the legacy of a youth team who won everything only a few years back - how many of these players made the breakthrough to the full side? How any of them are still with the club?

Fiefdoms aren't healthy. They degenerate into dictatorships, and dictatorships aren't a good way of running things.

If I was the CEO of a company that had performed as poorly as Hibs have as a football team for so many years, I would have tendered my resignation a long time ago, without having to be asked. I wonder how long we're going to have to wait.
    Never a truer word said, Mikey and Albion etc , how long are you going to put up with this garbage ?. If our board were selling tyres for Farmer the lot of them would have got their jotters a long time ago , i really fear for us these days and for some folk to crow about our FIRST win at inversnekie sums it up .

Thought about this many times but then who essentially measures the guys at the top?

STF?

I would also address the issue of why they are not attempting to fill the stadium?

An empty seat is perishable stock, get the kids in for a fiver but try and do something FFS.

You're dead on with your headline it's a club with no direction, leadership and above all else - attitude.

It's break your heart but I'm struggling to keep my kids interested for the last couple of years and now they are not even asking to go along, PR is crap, marketing and distribution of club merchandise is crap but we have a fantastic stadium and academy so get out the road and let somebody take us forward cause this is a painful slow death.

All in my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    Never a truer word said, Mikey and Albion etc , how long are you going to put up with this garbage ?. If our board were selling tyres for Farmer the lot of them would have got their jotters a long time ago , i really fear for us these days and for some folk to crow about our FIRST win at inversnekie sums it up .
    What did you say about it last week? Weren't you pleased? I know I was although I don't know if that counts as crowing.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

a win at Inverness is hardly an outstanding yardstick in football - I remember going there in the 70s and 80s , as we regularly did then , pre-season, and thumping them every time

They are a wee club, with wee resources and a wee support that we now struggle to beat - a 1 nil last minute win up there is not a turning point in our fortunes

Quote Originally Posted by Gala Foxes View Post
    a win at Inverness is hardly an outstanding yardstick in football - I remember going there in the 70s and 80s , as we regularly did then , pre-season, and thumping them every time

They are a wee club, with wee resources and a wee support that we now struggle to beat - a 1 nil last minute win up there is not a turning point in our fortunes
    Caley and Thistle were both Highland league teams then though.

@hibs.net private member

I hear where you're coming from but I will keep my powder dry until the transfer window is done and dusted and new players have been bedded in. We desperately need a major improvement from last season but we can't know if that's being delivered or not until the product is there on the park for all to see.

We have started the season with a very light squad which I stomped and shouted about on here as much as anybody, but we've since been given assurances that the new recruits will be well worth the wait. If those assurances are delivered on then we WILL be a club going in the right direction although we'll probably have to wait til mid september before we can make an informed judgement on that because, like it or not, we are in the midst of stage 101 of our latest never ending transition period - who said you need the patience of a saint to be a Hibee

Wow ..big difference nowadays though eh ..they were non-league then and prob on a par with Bonnyrigg Rose/Spartans etc .....jeezo ..some yard stick that ..

They weren't ICT then. And did they not cost Celtic the league last season Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Wow ..big difference nowadays though eh ..they were non-league then ...
    big difference ?

there should be a big difference - we are a well established club with a big support , ICT are not and never will be

I have been to Telford Street and the old Caley Ground to see Hibs - lets face it we should always aspire above these levels, whether it is Inverness Thistle, Caley, Clach etc or all added together
    Last edited by Gala Foxes; 14-08-2011 at 05:11 PM.

I hate the label of happy clappers and doom and gloomers for a kick off.....

IMO the win at Inverness was great to finally break the hoodoo, but my assessment was we were lucky to snatch the 3 points, as Caley should have had penalty and they boy hit post from about 4 yards, a draw would have been fairer but the 3 points were gratefully received....It merely papered over the cracks for me....We look a fragmented and disjointed team, and the Manager stated today we are a long way off being a decent team....Honest opinion yes, but he has brought in 12 players, only 1 being a defender.......Our defence is a mess....

IMO there is something fundementally wrong with our Club, from Board Level right down to the playing staff......How long do we have to suffer days like these????
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

big difference ?

there should be a big difference - we are a well established club with a big support , ICT are not and never will be

I have been to Telford Street and the old Caley Ground to see Hibs - lets face it we should always aspire above these levels, whether it is Inverness Thistle, Caley, Clach etc or all added together
    I think most of us here would agree wouldn't we? Nothing wrong with being chuffed when the club we love wins a match though is there? I don't recall anybody saying it made us worldbeaters etc.
    Last edited by marinello59; 14-08-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I think most of us here would agree wouldn't we? Nothing wrong with beinbg chuffed when the club we love wins a match though is there? I don't recall anybody saying it made us worldbeaters etc.
    totally agree, the win last week was welcome, reason I posted was that, good though it was, any satisfaction at a 1-0 win at ICT pales into insignificance at a 1-4 defeat at Kilmarnock

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I hate the label of happy clappers and doom and gloomers for a kick off.....

IMO the win at Inverness was great to finally break the hoodoo, but my assessment was we were lucky to snatch the 3 points, as Caley should have had penalty and they boy hit post from about 4 yards, a draw would have been fairer but the 3 points were gratefully received....It merely papered over the cracks for me....We look a fragmented and disjointed team, and the Manager stated today we are a long way off being a decent team....Honest opinion yes, but he has brought in 12 players, only 1 being a defender.......Our defence is a mess....

IMO there is something fundementally wrong with our Club, from Board Level right down to the playing staff......How long do we have to suffer days like these????
    Some decent points there but sadly accurate.

What I would say is that any good man-manager worth their salt would at least first and foremost make us hard to beat but 4 goals lost at Killie!

I'm not advocating we go back to the Alex Miller days but CC surely needs to get some points on the board and quickly. We got a wee breakthrough from last week and a point this week would have been fine or am I just asking for too much?

big difference ?there should be a big difference - we are a well established club with a big support , ICT are not and never will beI have been to Telford Street and the old Caley Ground to see Hibs - lets face it we should always aspire above these levels, whether it is Inverness Thistle, Caley, Clach etc or all added together
    Big fanbase maybe but currently I don't think we have a big support

big difference ?

Well the same could be said for at least half the SPL teams then ..Killie, Well, D.utd, Dunfermline, St Johnstone etc ..all relatively smaller teams to us ..we should be aspiring to beat that lot too ..week in week out ..

totally agree, the win last week was welcome, reason I posted was that, good though it was, any satisfaction at a 1-0 win at ICT pales into insignificance at a 1-4 defeat at Kilmarnock

Of course it does. Given our resources we should never get beaten so comprehensively by Kilmarnock. It doesn't help that they are still playing to a system laid down by a manager we dumped.

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Well the same could be said for at least half the SPL teams then ..Killie, Well, D.utd, Dunfermline, St Johnstone etc ..all relatively smaller teams to us ..we should be aspiring to beat that lot too ..week in week out ..
    lets face it we should, but just now we are miles away from it

Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    I think (HOPE!) he was being facetious...

lets face it we should, but just now we are miles away from it
    Are we not a point behind Hearts, and two ahead of Aberdeen, with a game in hand on both?

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    Are we not a point behind Hearts, and two ahead of Aberdeen, with a game in hand on both?
    Nope. All faked by the board.

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    Hey Falcon, I often enjoy reading your posts from time to time but it's far to early with this kind of stats.

For me, it's the manner of the defeat that sets the benchmark and losing 4 goals to Killie so early on in the season is completely unacceptable.

Absolutely 100% unacceptable.