hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough

Do they think they're too good for this division?

I've supported CCs decisions to bring in players with experience of the top 2 divisions in England. It seems the most natural thing to do - bring in the best available / affordable with the best pedigree. But I'm wondering whether these guys (Palsson and Thornhill to name but 2) think football up here is a stroll in the park, based on the SPLs poor reputation down south, and that they don't have to put much of a shift in. I don't know where Killie get their players from but I would be surprised if they have the sort of background that we have been sourcing our players from recently and they simply destroyed us today. I know its early days but we are only the width of an Inverness post away fron being bottom of the league and on top of this (hard though I try) I can't forget the abysmal end to last season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The new players brought in this year that played were Buijs (Ado Den Haag), Kroca (Luton Town), Mckeown (Ipswich [reserves]), Harkins (Dundee), Heffernan (Sheffield Wednesday), Shiels (Doncaster [on loan]), Galan (Osasuna [on loan])

Quote Originally Posted by vanNISHtelroy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The new players brought in this year that played were Buijs (Ado Den Haag), Kroca (Luton Town), Mckeown (Ipswich [reserves]), Harkins (Dundee), Heffernan (Sheffield Wednesday), Shiels (Doncaster [on loan]), Galan (Osasuna [on loan])
    Was Dayton with you last season?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Certainly Heffernan and Harkins both look like very good captures. Sheils had some nice touches when he came on and also still looks capable of causing defenses problems in this league.

Was Dayton at Rugby Park last year VN? I don't recall his name being mentioned much last year (though I confess, I wasn't paying much attention to the SPL last season), but dear goodness he looks a cracking player!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Yeah Dayton had a good start and end to the season....did his ligaments for the second time in his career a few weeks in to the season.

Signed from the Glenn Hoddle Academy, who he joined after leaving Crystal Palace and not finding a club.

A few good players in amongst that lot ..however ..we made it very easy for them today ..liked the right back though ..decent solid player, defended well & kept it simple ..

Yeah Dayton had a good start and end to the season....did his ligaments for the second time in his career a few weeks in to the season.
    Where did you get him from? Some Killie fan told me afterwards that he was unattached? Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Where did you get him from? Some Killie fan told me afterwards that he was unattached? Is that correct?
    I had just edited my post while you were posting that obviously!

I'm not actually sure about Buijs at right back but hes probably the best we've got there. Think he might be pretty good in midfield which is his other position, but don't know if I would drop Pasca or Kelly for him.

[edit] I lied he did find a club when he left Palace where he made 0 appearence he played three games for Bishop's Stortford according to Wikipedia!
    Last edited by vanNISHtelroy; 14-08-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    Please do us a favour and stick 5 past Hearts next week. Pretty please.

We'll try!

I had just edited my post while you were posting that obviously!

I'm not actually sure about Buijs at right back but hes probably the best we've got there. Think he might be pretty good in midfield which is his other position, but don't know if I would drop Pasca or Kelly for him.

[edit] I lied he did find a club when he left Palace where he made 0 appearence he played three games for Bishop's Stortford according to Wikipedia!
    Dayton looks a great find for you

No Hibs team should ship 4 goals so early on in a season and especially to one of main rivals for a top half finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post
    No Hibs team should ship 4 goals so early on in a season and especially to one of main rivals for a top half finish.
    Agreed. That will have seriously drained our confidence levels. If the management team can't pick it up for next week I really do fear for us. Sometimes it just isn't so easy to keep the faith.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.