hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Promising Youngster The Hurricane's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Alexaaaander x

Angry Stephens, Murray and Stevenson

Stephens - Worst center half ive seen in a hibs jersey, zero positional sense and no pace.

Murray - Have been a massive fan of his during his time here but he just doesn't have the legs anymore, game just seems to bypass him.

Stevenson - Has lived of one good game his whole career in the CIS Final, completely clueless.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Spot on IMO.

First Team Breakthrough Ernie Cobra's Avatar
    add to that HANLON who was ****ing garbage
    Palsson who is not a right back

also

Left by mutual consent!
    Ivan Sproule is a impact player.. Not good enough to start..

Quote Originally Posted by The Hurricane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stephens - Worst center half ive seen in a hibs jersey, zero positional sense and no pace.

Murray - Have been a massive fan of his during his time here but he just doesn't have the legs anymore, game just seems to bypass him.

Stevenson - Has lived of one good game his whole career in the CIS Final, completely clueless.
    There is no way Murray can be compared to the other 2 today.

Surely you mean Hanlon. Stephens spent all day today trying to do 2 centre half jobs, i agree he also did not have a great game but Hanlon is a total liability and massively over rated

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

I know were all frustrated but can you not
    Come up with something more original?

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Agree with everything said so far. Murray has been a great servant to the club but hes unfortunatly now finished, he needs taken out the team asap. I've been saying it about Stevenson for long enough, the boy is utter garbage, sorry Stevenson lovers but he is! We have a few decent players on board, like the look of Agogo, O'connor will get us goals, plus throw in Airey and Sodje, we're sorted up top. Osbourne showed signs that he will be a player for us. The defense though needs addressed asap. Booth, O'Hanlon a new centre half and a new right back as Pallson is a midfielder!

@hibs.net private member

100% correct

Hibs did not seem so well organised in defence as they were against Sunder land, with the fight skill and effort shown by Horner, Caldwell, Crawford, Taggart, and Smith. One thing for sure. If any of the players today, were to be dropped in favoure of a young lad, they will have no complaints.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithBoozy View Post
    Hibs did not seem so well organised in defence as they were against Sunder land, with the fight skill and effort shown by Horner, Caldwell, Crawford, Taggart, and Smith. One thing for sure. If any of the players today, were to be dropped in favoure of a young lad, they will have no complaints.
    Some people would rather play with 10 men...

Promising Youngster The Hurricane's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Alexaaaander x
    Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    Ivan Sproule is a impact player.. Not good enough to start..
    100%. Exactly the same as his first spell. Can be exciting at times which is exactly why he should start on the bench.

After their performances against against Sunderland, Murray and Stephens would be amongst the first on todays team sheet, however Stephens was lousy today and Murray was a yard off the pace all day. The game started at a high tempo and Murray was struggling to get a foothold from the start. Thornhill contributed nothing in the first half, not a single thing. Killie played against 10 ten men so far as his involvement was concerned. At least Wotherspoon and Stevenson got on the ball to make mistakes but Thornhill's appetite for the game was non existent.

There are obvious things to improve this team.

Improve throw-ins, we are woeful in this area.
    Workrate and fitness must be improved.
    Movement and more movement up front. O'connor really needs to work harder.
    A proper right back must be brought in to get Palsson into midfield.

You can include Wotherspoon in that assessment too, 4 players who need to be removed from any starting line up for me....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by EVENTUALLY View Post
    O'connor really needs to work harder.
    I disagree, think he has worked hard in his first three games, and has scored 2 in 3 so far despite being lone striker and not having many chances created for him. Cracking finish today as well.

Testimonial Due

I dont agree with your murray shout, but that is no surprise as I think he is a good player for our club and thought with O'Connor and Sproule he was one of the only players that actually gave one today.

Surprised how you managed to miss out our so called budding superstar which is Booth who got one of the biggest roastings I have ever seen a full back take in any game of football.

However as one of the other threads said lets not over-react. Very easy for the doom and gloomers to come flying back, glad to see you are still with us.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    I dont agree with your murray shout, but that is no surprise as I think he is a good player for our club and thought with O'Connor and Sproule he was one of the only players that actually gave one today.

Surprised how you managed to miss out our so called budding superstar which is Booth who got one of the biggest roastings I have ever seen a full back take in any game of football.

However as one of the other threads said lets not over-react. Very easy for the doom and gloomers to come flying back, glad to see you are still with us.
    And Stack, couple of times he went in bravely and put his face in where it could have hurt.. But totally agree with the bottom paragraph

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    Stephens - Worst center half ive seen in a hibs jersey, zero positional sense and no pace.Murray - Have been a massive fan of his during his time here but he just doesn't have the legs anymore, game just seems to bypass him.Stevenson - Has lived of one good game his whole career in the CIS Final, completely clueless.
    Totally disagree with Murray being on that list. Hanlon and Wotherspoon were far worse. How Wotherspoon is still first choice I will never know. I've been saying for a good year now he's over rated and not good enough, and it looks like more are starting to see this too.Palsson should not be played at right back in future, and Booth can be forgiven for his poor performance, given he's been immense since he broke into the team. Thornhill, who I do believe will be a key player for us was missing today big time. Stephens made a few errors, but I felt Hanlon was a bigger culprit. We definitely need experience back there in case we lose O'Hanlon to injury again.The only real positives were Osbourne and Agogo who both look like good signings. We didn't see enough of Airey to judge.

if we are looking at the first goal what was Hanlon thinking / doing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gala Foxes View Post
    if we are looking at the first goal what was Hanlon thinking / doing ?
    Any player who can read a game or has an ounce of intelligence would have stepped up and played Heffernan offside. Their left back had travelled 20 yards with the ball and it was clear he was going to play it in behind.

Calderwood's tactics seemed to involve our front 3/4 pressing Killie high up the park - but as soon as Killie bypassed them, the rest of the team weren't sure what to do. So we had Hanlon, Palsson, Stephens standing back off their men all the time.

No cohesion or real tactics at all. Our gameplan seemed to be to hit long balls to O Connor.

Booth & Stevenson at the OG / 2nd goal ?

Turned inside out then inside out again by a winger that nobody has ever heard of

Neither got a block or challenge in

Schoolboy defending

@hibs.net private member
    The defence were poor of that there is no doubt but to suggest Stephens is the worst centre half you've seen in a Hibs jersey is nonsense. Up until today Stephens has looked good in the games he has played so after one bad performance should we end his contract now?

worst ever centre halves ?

Johnny Leith ?
    Rikki Fleming
    Marlene Dietrich
    Billy McLaren
    PC Murdock

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Stevens has had a good pre season and imo deseved a place in the side ahead of Hanlon had O'Hanlon been fit. Today he was poor alongside Hanlon. Hanlon i have never been convinced about, but both are still young.

Our back 4 are very young and very inexperienced at this level. In fact only Hanlon has any kind of experience between the 4 of them.

Palsson at right back when our best right back is playing badly in midfield is another puzzler?

Murray Stevenson and Wotherspoon have not been good enough for any midfield team in the SPL for over a year, some longer.

How Calderwood can come out and say we dont need a right back is astonishing, he must watch a different team to the one i do?

We look weak at the back, and one centre half O'Hanlon wont make that much of a difference, we need another decent quality central defender, and let Stevens and O'Hanlon play when they can force their way in with better performances either in training or in bounce games.

Looks like another long season.

Coaching Staff
    Booth was awful today, and played like an under 19......that said, he had next to no help on his flank.

For me, the minute DW picked up his yellow I would have introduced Scott. The midfield became as usual ponderous and slow.....it needed bite and energy. Murray, Osbourne, Stevenson, Thornhill......none have real high energy impact.......that is what we are missing. Two real high tempo, up and at them midfielders......our boys want two or three touches before making the most basic of passes.......usually sideways.

This team is very much going to struggle. Heads went down after the second and there was only one winner after that......shooting practice for Killie today. The Hibernian Charitable Trust made sure of that, as ever !

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Stephens and Hanlon are a liability if played together.

Either may be ok beside O'Hanlon though.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    yous are all moany *****ing ********s,
    murray i thought was only slightly under par as was stephens, however i thought wotherspoon and stevenson were poor

typical hibs support getting all hysterical cause of one poor performance and an unlucky result to match

Quote Originally Posted by fergy View Post
    murray i thought was only slightly under par as was stephens, however i thought wotherspoon and stevenson were poor

typical hibs support getting all hysterical cause of one poor performance and an unlucky result to match
    Hardly an unlucky result..... We were lucky it was not heavier
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Aye its one result, but never mind we had the party to end all parties in the highlands 2 weeks ago. Sniff sniff.