hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Would you consider a season ticket now?

The manager is committed to staying. The board have backed him with 5 signings in the summer window, with the promise of more to come, as well as bringing in 6 new players in January.

We've promising young players breaking through and we've seen the return of players who have the club close to their heart.

We are literally a different side from the one that was so poor last season.

The opening game of the season showed how disaffected the Hibs support has become, huge gaps in the stands showed the apathy towards the club and reflected on what have been rumoured low season ticket sales. This reflected a perceived lack of transfer activity and a disillusionment with the manager and the poor season last year.

Since then, the board have communicated well with fans, the club have reached out to supporters, listened to feedback, made calls and sent emails to supporters contacting them with concerns and complaints. The board have delivered pretty much all we have asked them to when citing reasons why season tickets haven't been renewed.

Would anyone now reconsider their decision not to renew?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Did the Aberdeen Celtic game not draw less than our corresponding match?
    I think we may find it's not just about the football at the moment it's about the financial reality folks face
    I'm not an ST so didn't renew as i unfortunately have other financial commitments that constrain me we've effectively been tightening the belt for the last 3 years
    I imagine I'm not the Only one esp folks with families so it's tough and probably will get worse before better. I'll try to get along as often as I can but will most likely be a special occasion rather than a habit forming series regrettably.

Are you paying for it likes?

Unfortunately work commitments mean a season tiket for me this year is just out of the question.

What i would say is this time 2 weeks ago i didnt really care about not getting to ER very often, now i'm quite gutted i'll be missing out on what could be a pretty decent season.

I got a season ticket so it doesn't really apply to me but I'm guessing that, for most people, it'll take a prolonged period of good results over a couple of months or so before many people will begin to feel better about the club again and forget about the disaster that was the past 18 months.

We've made a few decent signings that should see us improve on last season's showing but it's results and performances that will be the real test.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did the Aberdeen Celtic game not draw less than our corresponding match?
    I think we may find it's not just about the football at the moment it's about the financial reality folks face
    I'm not an ST so didn't renew as i unfortunately have other financial commitments that constrain me we've effectively been tightening the belt for the last 3 years
    I imagine I'm not the Only one esp folks with families so it's tough and probably will get worse before better. I'll try to get along as often as I can but will most likely be a special occasion rather than a habit forming series regrettably.
    I don't think it's worth comparing how the Aberdeen Celtc crowd was against ours, IIRC we usually have a higher home gate than the sheep anyway.

I agree about the financial side of things - it's hitting everyone and there's likely worse to come, the thread was more aimed towards those that were making a point about staying away, be it because of a 'threat' of a ten team league, or lack of ambition/investment from the board, or because of an 'uncommitted' manager etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    Are you paying for it likes?
    Bolt!

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Unfortunately work commitments mean a season tiket for me this year is just out of the question.

What i would say is this time 2 weeks ago i didnt really care about not getting to ER very often, now i'm quite gutted i'll be missing out on what could be a pretty decent season.
    As above, the thread was more for people who could get a season ticket but never because of some of the reasons listed above. There will always be folk like yourself who can't make matches and so it's not appropriate to get a season ticket, and there are others that can't afford the outlay - I've been there myself over the years, so I understand.

But there were many others who were effectively telling the club to ram it because of what they perceived the club were or weren't doing to improve things on the pitch or to engage with the support.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

exactly what he says

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    For me, it is less about the signings and quality on the park but a combination of costs and time involved. It is something like an 8 hour day to go to a game at Easter Road, plus the cost of fuel for the 150 mile round trip. and the fact mentioned above that around 25% of our games are moved to fit in with television schedules which I could watch at home or in the pub.

If i was closer to Edinburgh I would be more inclined to get a season ticket, but as it stands it is not worth it on a number of levels.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The manager is committed to staying. The board have backed him with 5 signings in the summer window, with the promise of more to come, as well as bringing in 6 new players in January.

We've promising young players breaking through and we've seen the return of players who have the club close to their heart.

The opening game of the season showed how disaffected the Hibs support has become, huge gaps in the stands showed the apathy towards the club and reflected on what have been rumoured low season ticket sales. This reflected a perceived lack of transfer activity and a disillusionment with the manager and the poor season last year.

Since then, the board have communicated well with fans, the club have reached out to supporters, listened to feedback, made calls and sent emails to supporters contacting them with concerns and complaints. The board have delivered pretty much all we have asked them to when citing reasons why season tickets haven't been renewed.

Although its not answering your question Matt, I agree there has been a marked improvement over the last couple of weeks, but IMHO we never should have been anywhere near that situation, where the extra effort was needed.

We failed miserably to cash in on McLeish's team, due to the mistrust & disenchantment of the fans to the board. Professional outsiders were brought in to help heal that particular rift, to get in the same position again is quite frankly ridicules.

Hopefully the board will [yet again] learn from this, because this sudden interest in the fans policy won't wash too often, before people come to the conclusion that we're only important enough to warrant this amount of attention, when they've messed up.
    Last edited by Ray_; 11-08-2011 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jst_5 View Post
    exactly what he says

And me. You're saving me a lot of typing today, PB.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

The fact we actually won a game has improved the atmosphere no end as well.

The club can send all the letters and emails they want and they could sign a hundred players but until we start winning and playing well regularly people won't go back, we've started the ball rolling now and i think if we can pick up a few good results in the coming weeks then some sort of order will be restored in terms of crowd numbers.

Thats not trying to detract from the efforts the club have made to communicate with us because i do appreciate they're trying, i just think all this extra off field stuff is pretty irrelevant if the team is doing well.

When did the manager commit to staying

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar

People may reconsider but my question would be do they have the cash now for a season ticket?

I applaud the board for backing CC in the transfer market however I am not convinced that we are likely to see an immediate increase in fans coming through the gates.

I'd consider buying one if Hibs re-introduced the payment plan. I noticed in yesterdays Sun that Rangers were still advertising season tickets that you could pay up on a monthly basis with a little interest on top.

I can't afford £415 in one lump sum.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    I'd consider buying one if Hibs re-introduced the payment plan. I noticed in yesterdays Sun that Rangers were still advertising season tickets that you could pay up on a monthly basis with a little interest on top.

This

I can't see many people buying a season ticket now that the Celtic game has already passed.

What may well happen is a big upsurge in half season ticket sales, if the team peforms well between now and Christmas.

Great point.

If the club contnue to offer the payment plan to fans, it may just help drag back a few in the current 'feel good' moment.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

stick it on a credit card then

i think there's only so much the club can do just now and they offered a good deal with the interest free plan over 11 months, what they could do i suppose is sell games in group packages, you maybe can't afford £415 but could maybe buy batches of tickets for say 4 games at a time with a small discount for doing so, you could do that until half season tickets go on sale then i'd expect us to sell quite a few of them if we have a good start to the season.

No,

I've decided to be miserable out of principle and just refuse to buy one.

No amount of feelgood factor is going to persuade me to fly from Munich and back and book a B&B for every home game. Who do you think I am, Samuel Etoooo?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    PTS asked a very good question on another thread, would i buy a season ticket for Saturday 3pm games? Yip i'm not getting one next season, but if the club did this next season i'd have one of these.

A little interest? The APR is horrendous at the Huns. Unlike us!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    The picture is improving by the minute.

Now then, ------- IF the team performances were it pick up in the next couple of months then I might consider a half season ticket.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    PTS asked a very good question on another thread, would i buy a season ticket for Saturday 3pm games? Yip i'm not getting one next season, but if the club did this next season i'd have one of these.

Only trouble is that the Clubs' are unaware of the number of 3pm games there could be as they themselves are at the mercy of the TV scheduling folk.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    A little interest? The APR is horrendous at the Huns. Unlike us!
    What was it?

I know a Celtic fan who pays £20 extra for paying up his £550 season ticket monthly...

First Team Breakthrough Hibeesb0unc3's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DILL0N TAYL0R
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post

Only trouble is that the Clubs' are unaware of the number of 3pm games there could be as they themselves are at the mercy of the TV scheduling folk.
    Although i suppose they could have an idea as home games against the bottom six of last year will very rarely be televised as there isn't much interest in a game between Hibs v St mirren to show it on t.v

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    Although its not answering your question Matt, I agree there has been a marked improvement over the last couple of weeks, but IMHO we never should have been anywhere near that situation, where the extra effort was needed. We failed miserably to cash in on McLeish's team, due to the mistrust & disenchantment of the fans to the board. Professional outsiders were brought in to help heal that particular rift, to get in the same position again is quite frankly ridicules. Hopefully the board will [yet again] learn from this, because this sudden interest in the fans policy won't wash too often, before people come to the conclusion that we're only important enough to warrant this amount of attention, when they've messed up.
    Good post.

How about a season ticket just for the games we play well in?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    How about a season ticket just for the games we play well in?
    Or win?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    Although its not answering your question Matt, I agree there has been a marked improvement over the last couple of weeks, but IMHO we never should have been anywhere near that situation, where the extra effort was needed.

We failed miserably to cash in on McLeish's team, due to the mistrust & disenchantment of the fans to the board. Professional outsiders were brought in to help heal that particular rift, to get in the same position again is quite frankly ridicules.

Hopefully the board will [yet again] learn from this, because this sudden interest in the fans policy won't wash too often, before people come to the conclusion that we're only important enough to warrant this amount of attention, when they've messed up.
    I don't know how you come to the conclusion that we failed to cash in on McLeish's team - what happened there was the backside fell out of Scottish football because there was no TV money, so we had to strip an expensive side down and rely on kids.

What happened last season wasn't the same at all, mistakes were made but they were different mistakes and actually the board (on paper) put reasonable measures in place in order to have had a much more successful season than we actually ended up having.

I agree about the board engaging with the fans, though and this is a point I've made before as well.

Testimonial Due
    I don't know how you come to the conclusion that we failed to cash in on McLeish's team - what happened there was the backside fell out of Scottish football because there was no TV money, so we had to strip an expensive side down and rely on kids.

What happened last season wasn't the same at all, mistakes were made but they were different mistakes and actually the board (on paper) put reasonable measures in place in order to have had a much more successful season than we actually ended up having.

I agree about the board engaging with the fans, though and this is a point I've made before as well.
    I think you will find that is maybe the new bog standard excuse for not having a season ticket / going to games. They worked off, the manager is not committed, the team is not good enough, I dont like watching football on a sunday...what was the other one....oh yeah I want all of that for a cheaper price! Now at least 2 of the 4 main ones are away.

I think you will find some will always have an excuse for not going. To go back to the early 2000's and blame the lack of articles in the Evening News from our board and McLeishs team being cashed in on is possibly up there with some of the worst. If some are not over the issue they have created for not going a decade later, then they have their own issues.