hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Sone Aluko

First Team Breakthrough since90plustwo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FIN1875

Sone Aluko

Free agent, answer to our left winger problem? inconsistent but on his day he is a nightmare for defenses, thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Think he'd cost about £300,000 in compensation, so probably a no-go.

First Team Breakthrough since90plustwo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FIN1875
    even tho he is without a club?

Quote Originally Posted by finlayhughes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    even tho he is without a club?
    Compensation due to his age and the fact Aberdeen offered him a new deal on equal or greater terms to what he's currently on.

That's why no-one has taken a chance on him yet.

how about Danny Galbraith? inconsistent, but needs a run in the team to build confidence, or we will never see the best of him

Not sure how this works, if he has left Aberdeen and they are no longer paying his wages surely he is then free. If they are still paying him the wage he was on before then should he not be playing for them or is he not going to kick a baw until he's 24?

If a fee has to be paid I'm sure it would be easy enough to have it knocked well down from £300k. I like him, he's frustrating but talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wright Jnr View Post
    Not sure how this works, if he has left Aberdeen and they are no longer paying his wages surely he is then free. If they are still paying him the wage he was on before then should he not be playing for them or is he not going to kick a baw until he's 24?

If a fee has to be paid I'm sure it would be easy enough to have it knocked well down from £300k. I like him, he's frustrating but talented.
    That would leave the system wide open to abuse by unscrupulous individuals though. If what you suggest was the case then all a young player would have to do to get a move, and avoid his new club paying a hefty fee, would be not to sign a new contract and then, when it expires, sign for whoever they choose. And the club who have spent many years developing him get zilch. Agent and player get shed loads.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    That would leave the system wide open to abuse by unscrupulous individuals though. If what you suggest was the case then all a young player would have to do to get a move, and avoid his new club paying a hefty fee, would be not to sign a new contract and then, when it expires, sign for whoever they choose. And the club who have spent many years developing him get zilch. Agent and player get shed loads.
    Would it not be birmingham that get the compo as it was them who devolped him as a player before sending him on loan to the dons, then releasing him to sign for aberdeen ????

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    how about Danny Galbraith? inconsistent, but needs a run in the team to build confidence, or we will never see the best of him
    I was speaking to my mate on Saturday and we couldn't actually see what Galbraith brings to the team.

But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by hibee81 View Post
    Would it not be birmingham that get the compo as it was them who devolped him as a player before sending him on loan to the dons, then releasing him to sign for aberdeen ????
    If Brum released him to Aberdeen then their involvement with him is over as far as I am aware. Nonetheless he is still under 24 and, at the moment, Aberdeen's player and they wanted to keep him.

@hibs.net private member
    Not 100% sure on this, but.

If I remember correctly we never paid any compensation to (I think it was York) when we signed Clayton Donaldson. This was because he came from another country. If he was only on loan at Aberdeen and Birmingham own his contract, then I believe if we went for him we would have no compensation to pay, as his contract is held in England. As I have said not 100% sure on this ruling but I believe this is the way it works.

GGTTH.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by finlayhughes View Post
    Free agent, answer to our left winger problem? inconsistent but on his day he is a nightmare for defenses, thoughts?
    Pretty sure he wants to go back down south, hence the reason for leaving the sheep.
    ggtth

We need a left mid so i would defo take him.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: aberhibsfc
    Initially welcoming Aberdeen's interest to resign him, however towards the end of the season became more reluctant to enter negotiations to resign, citing his desire to return to playing in England.

I fully understand why people would be interested taking him to ER, on form he is an exciting player that can drive, twist and turn, but he can also be frustratingly bad which was more to do with desire than ability.

It oculd be a matter of Aberdeen feeling so far away from the rest of the major cities etc, however to compensate this, traditionally Aberdeen have had to inflate the wages to get player to make the leap.

Despite Aberdeen's recent history of toasters during financial turmoil, they seemed to have turned the corner in some respects and will probably have offered more than we would have, that coupled with his desire to return south and any possible compo, makes things a bit complicated and potentially expensive.

He might have gambled going south, there are plenty of clubs with more money than the SPL and are snapping up SPL players for fun, however these are the players who tend to be performing consistantly better than Aluko's performance. He may be one of the players that just can't strike up the interest despite having some talent to give. If the finances and desire were there I wouldn't have a problem with bringing him to ER, just don't think it would happen.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Not 100% sure on this, but.

If I remember correctly we never paid any compensation to (I think it was York) when we signed Clayton Donaldson. This was because he came from another country. If he was only on loan at Aberdeen and Birmingham own his contract, then I believe if we went for him we would have no compensation to pay, as his contract is held in England. As I have said not 100% sure on this ruling but I believe this is the way it works.

GGTTH.
    He was released by Brum and signed for the Sheep, so that doesn't apply to him. Sheep offered him a contract and he is under the age so anyone who signs him would have to pay compensation to them (as Derby did for Chris Maguire).

Basically he is stuck unless someone is prepared to pay that compensation, which I don't think many teams will. He was daft to turn down the contract.

Would take him in a flash!

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Get him in on trial or in a bounce match, he'd certainly be worth a look-o

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    I was speaking to my mate on Saturday and we couldn't actually see what Galbraith brings to the team.

Him and Lewis were for me strange renewals.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Him and Lewis were for me strange renewals.
    Cheap and safe as in you know what you are really going to get for your money. This should leave more in the budget for first team picks I reckon.