hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fringe 2011

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Would recommend this one if anyone's looking for some good music on Monday:

http://www.edfringe.com/whats-on/music/Tom-Fairnie

Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    I was at '****gers' last night. It was a mixture of rubbish, not bad and pretty funny. It was free though so i'd still recommend it if you're on a night out and fancy something

Went to see Carl Donnelly last night at Udderbelly. He was entertaining, but not brilliant, not as good as last year. Has an annoying habit of saying something and then correcting himself saying "why did I say that? I'm not a 60 year old woman/15 year old boy/etc/etc".

Has anyone seen Jason John Whitehead before - worth seeing?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Never been to a comedy show before but going to see Sarah Millican on wednesday, i'm normally dead against going to see anything in the festival due to the amount of annoying twats that try far too hard to be funny.

Said i'd try and open my mind a bit more this year so would go to a show and apparently she was funny last year (or the year before), part of me is looking forward to it but part of me is dreading it cos i normally can't stand female comedians on the tele, i've been told she's not like this but i'm hoping i'm not in for a night hearing about how men are *******s, how women love cakes and how hard they've got it.

Suppose it'll get me out the house if nothing else.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never been to a comedy show before but going to see Sarah Millican on wednesday, i'm normally dead against going to see anything in the festival due to the amount of annoying twats that try far too hard to be funny.Said i'd try and open my mind a bit more this year so would go to a show and apparently she was funny last year (or the year before), part of me is looking forward to it but part of me is dreading it cos i normally can't stand female comedians on the tele, i've been told she's not like this but i'm hoping i'm not in for a night hearing about how men are *******s, how women love cakes and how hard they've got it.Suppose it'll get me out the house if nothing else.
    Can't wait to hear your report of this I'd rather cut off a testicle with a blunt saw than listen to Sarah Millican

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    Can't wait to hear your report of this I'd rather cut off a testicle with a blunt saw than listen to Sarah Millican
    Aye, it's quite difficuilt to go in with an open mind but expecting the worst so i'm not dissapointed

Deliberately not looking any of her stuff up on youtube cos if i know i don't like her before i start i'll just be a miserable ******* and not give her a chance.

How long do these things go on for and will it just be her or do you get people on before her?

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Aye, it's quite difficuilt to go in with an open mind but expecting the worst so i'm not dissapointed Deliberately not looking any of her stuff up on youtube cos if i know i don't like her before i start i'll just be a miserable ******* and not give her a chance.How long do these things go on for and will it just be her or do you get people on before her?
    I'd say about an hour and there's never been a 'support' at any comedy show I've been at. Enjoy

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Never been to a comedy show before but going to see Sarah Millican on wednesday, i'm normally dead against going to see anything in the festival due to the amount of annoying twats that try far too hard to be funny.

Said i'd try and open my mind a bit more this year so would go to a show and apparently she was funny last year (or the year before), part of me is looking forward to it but part of me is dreading it cos i normally can't stand female comedians on the tele, i've been told she's not like this but i'm hoping i'm not in for a night hearing about how men are *******s, how women love cakes and how hard they've got it.

I think she's one of the few female comedians that can be pretty funny. She will talk about cakes, like, but she is good with it. Infinitely better than the likes of Jo Brand. I wouldn't mind going to see Sarah Millican, tbh.

If you go in expecting to hate it, you will though - same with anything, really. I'm glad you're taking an open mind, you'll enjoy it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think she's one of the few female comedians that can be pretty funny. She will talk about cakes, like, but she is good with it. Infinitely better than the likes of Jo Brand. I wouldn't mind going to see Sarah Millican, tbh.

If you go in expecting to hate it, you will though - same with anything, really. I'm glad you're taking an open mind, you'll enjoy it.
    She's the most annoying hideous female. Good luck to you.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar

You could be disappointed because she talks about cakes a fair bit. She's pretty funny though.
    One thing im looking forward to seeing is piff the magic dragon, he's a magician/comedian - look him up on youtube

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodje's Tongue View Post
    She's the most annoying hideous female. Good luck to you.

First Team Breakthrough stevensons-fan's Avatar
    I saw Damian Clark last night and thought he was really good, worth seeing!

Never been to a comedy show before but going to see Sarah Millican on wednesday, i'm normally dead against going to see anything in the festival due to the amount of annoying twats that try far too hard to be funny.Said i'd try and open my mind a bit more this year so would go to a show and apparently she was funny last year (or the year before), part of me is looking forward to it but part of me is dreading it cos i normally can't stand female comedians on the tele, i've been told she's not like this but i'm hoping i'm not in for a night hearing about how men are *******s, how women love cakes and how hard they've got it.Suppose it'll get me out the house if nothing else.
    I wonder how our new luvvy got on =-O

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Went to see Ken Dee at the Art College last night. A really good drag act (so my Mrs told me). Curse of the Fringe though - guys that could pack out halls elsewhere reduced to playing to 20 people in a 100 seat auditorium - must take some bottle to get through the show,

Gag of the night - "why do pigeons fly upside down in Airdrie? Because there's nothing worth sh*tting on".

I liked Sarah Millican, very funny. I think some blokes just have a mental block with female comedians...give her a chance :-)

I urge you to go and see Adam Riches, Hannibal Buress and James Acaster. So, so good.

@hibs.net private member
    I saw Dave Gorman the other week there and would recommend him too.

Saw Pokermen last night too. It's 4 comedians sitting around a table playing poker drinking beer and talking. It's hosted by a guy called Andre Vincent, the other 3 comedians change each night. They've got holes in the table cover with cameras underneath so the audience can see the cards. They play until someone's won the pot (£240, they each start with £60 worth of chips)
    Last night it was Andrew Maxwell, Thom Tucker and another guy whose name I can't remember.
    It was really funny, a lot due to the fact that Andrew Maxwell doesn't know how to play poker. The comedians get a chance to basically show a little bit about who they are, though Andrew Maxwell dominated last night. One of the funniest moments was this guy in the audience suddenly said after about 40 mins "does anyone actually find this funny?! Are you going to tell any jokes?!". They all turned round and told him to leave if he wasn't liking it, so he did storm out...in his tight red jeans and canvas shoes. Got ripped so much. Andrew Maxwell put on this brilliant Edinburgh accent and started going on about how he needed to leave to get his taxi back to Corstorphine.

It's the kind of thing you could go back to cos it'll be different with different comedians.

It's on a midnight and George Square Thurs-Sun.

I don't really know how to play poker (and neither do my friends who went too), but we still enjoyed it.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I'd hugely recommend James Acaster(pleasance) and Joel Dommett(dome)

Late Night Gimp Fight was also brilliant Don't get put off by the name, its a brilliant sketch show
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Mark Thomas at the Bongo. Brilliant as ever.

And Silent at Dancebase. Don't be put off by the venue... it's not a dance show.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Went to see James Acaster last night, after seeing a couple of folk on here big him up. Glad I did, he was really good! So thanks for the recomendation danhibees1875 and AllyF.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Went to see James Acaster last night, after seeing a couple of folk on here big him up. Glad I did, he was really good! So thanks for the recomendation danhibees1875 and AllyF.
    Glad to hear it!

I was lucky enough to see Adam Buxton's BUG tonight and I have never laughed so consistently for 90 minutes in my life. He is, in my opinion, the most naturally funny man in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyF View Post
    Glad to hear it!

I was lucky enough to see Adam Buxton's BUG tonight and I have never laughed so consistently for 90 minutes in my life. He is, in my opinion, the most naturally funny man in the country.
    Nice one im going tonight.