hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough

Day in the Directors lounge. New signing? Chat with ex HMFC employee.

Had a really good afternoon in the Hibs directors lounge/box today. Thought I would share a few things as they might be of interest to some.

Had a chat with Rod Petrie before the game, no news here, he was just saying he hopes it will be a good game and good season.

There was a guy in there who just looked like a football player! There in a tracksuit, not a hibs one I must add, with a young family. He was shown to his seat by Scott Lindsey who is obviously in charge of things at the training centre and the signing of players. So might be that a deal is close/done. Or he might be a random!

An ex hearts employee was there and over heard a few interesting facts. Like we didn't know, he feels we are pretty weak and that the whole atmosphere around the place needs changed. He didn't understand why hibs hadn't gone for players like Taouil in the summer. He was adamant, and I find this interesting, that none of these guys are on huge money at hearts, considerably under 3k a week was the figure quoted.

Just thought I would share.

2. Log in to remove the advert

ex HMFC guy Billy Broon who was at ER today?

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeescott View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had a really good afternoon in the Hibs directors lounge/box today. Thought I would share a few things as they might be of interest to some.

Had a chat with Rod Petrie before the game, no news here, he was just saying he hopes it will be a good game and good season.

There was a guy in there who just looked like a football player! There in a tracksuit, not a hibs one I must add, with a young family. He was shown to his seat by Scott Lindsey who is obviously in charge of things at the training centre and the signing of players. So might be that a deal is close/done. Or he might be a random!

An ex hearts employee was there and over heard a few interesting facts. Like we didn't know, he feels we are pretty weak and that the whole atmosphere around the place needs changed. He didn't understand why hibs hadn't gone for players like Taouil in the summer. He was adamant, and I find this interesting, that none of these guys are on huge money at hearts, considerably under 3k a week was the figure quoted.

did the 'football player' look like this? http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...9QEwAQ&dur=716

Because Taouil is a tramp's Zemmama who rarely puts in an effect 90 minutes and has a good game once in every 5 or 6 matches. Not a Calderwood type player and certainly not the type of player we'll need for the type of season that lies ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    ex HMFC guy Billy Broon who was at ER today?
    Someone must have told him we hadn't appointed an assistant to CC, sorry Billy, no Hertz rejects allowed.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    did the 'football player' look like this? http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...9QEwAQ&dur=716
    Nope - if it's the same guy I saw he was pretty much a dead ringer for Agogo (albeit it wasn't Agogo - he was sitting a few rows behind). This potential new signing left with about 20 mins to go.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Because Taouil is a tramp's Zemmama who rarely puts in an effect 90 minutes and has a good game once in every 5 or 6 matches. Not a Calderwood type player and certainly not the type of player we'll need for the type of season that lies ahead.
    your opinion maybe. But that is a complete contrast to a guy who has worked with the player everyday in training for few years. I know who's judgement id go with. Certainly better than our current midfielders, IMO of course.

Still a free bar in the directors lounge?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post
    Still a free bar in the directors lounge?
    It was today yes.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

Not doubting you are accurately relaying what you were told and I thank you for the info.

However the ex HMFC employee whoever he may be is well off the mark saying Hearts signings are on considerably less than 3k a week. That simply is not true.

Grant Stott tweeted about guy being looked after by hibs staff today, when he asked him who he was, got reply 'read the papers next week'

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Not doubting you are accurately relaying what you were told and I thank you for the info.

However the ex HMFC employee whoever he may be is well off the mark saying Hearts signings are on considerably less than 3k a week. That simply is not true.
    To be fair he didn't say all their signings. we were talking about taouil particularly. But when talking about that signing he did say that these new guys arent on big wages, and not as much as 3k.

I'm not saying that's the facts, just what was said by a guy who would know.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by forthhibby View Post
    Grant Stott tweeted about guy being looked after by hibs staff today, when he asked him who he was, got reply 'read the papers next week'
    Grant Stott was pretty much sitting behind the guy.

I don't know how these things usually go but being at the game, with his family, looked after by Scott Lindsey, says to me that could be a done deal.

Blog Entries
    Surely in this day and age a pic & search would find him easily

Quote Originally Posted by forthhibby View Post
    was it not the guy & his friends kid who were invited as guests off ivan sproule? & maybe the story will be in the papers next week?

just a thought.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
    was it not the guy & his friends kid who were invited as guests off ivan sproule? & maybe the story will be in the papers next week?

just a thought.
    I don't think so no. I saw Ivan sitting with a guy and kids at the main entrance after the game, I'm assuming his guests then I don't know. the guy i was referring to left half way through the second half and I didn't see him after the game.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Its on twitter that its Isiah Osborne who will be signing

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed De Gramo View Post
    Its on twitter that its Isiah Osborne who will be signing
    Whose twitter? A journalist? Someone that would know? Joey Barton?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaiah_Osbourne

On 6 October 2009, it was reported that Osbourne had been arrested at Aston Villa's Bodymoor Heath Training Ground four days earlier on suspicion of conspiracy to rob, and questioned at Kings Heath police station before being released on bail pending further inquiries

First Team Breakthrough hibee1994's Avatar
    Just a thought, but might it be one of Akpo Sodje's brothers? His brother Efe said he wanted to go see Akpo play at Hibs.

Is top line second from left not Ashley Young?

Anyhoooo if it's Osbourne who was spotted at ER he'd be a great signing
    This is how it feels

Promising Youngster thefamousfive's Avatar
    Isiah Osborne? If he has not gone to Leeds first it would be quite a coup. With the current quality of the players in the SPL, he would be a very, very good signing. And for that reason I wont get my hopes up though that is the standard of player that we should be trying to get. Lets hope that by the end of the transfer window we get a few (good) surprises.

First Team Breakthrough
    Having seen the pictures I am pretty sure it was Osbourne in the directors lounge today.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie View Post

just a thought.
    FranckSuzy

I don't think so no. I saw Ivan sitting with a guy and kids at the main entrance after the game, I'm assuming his guests then I don't know. the guy i was referring to left half way through the second half and I didn't see him after the game.
    As above There was 1 kid and 3 adults