hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Clubs View

The Clubs View

Along with the majority of supporters I have been very frustrated and dissapointed as events/results at ER for some time. I decided to put my thoughts on an email and send it off to the club. They responded quickly and I ended up speaking personally with one of the directors. I thought others would appreciate hearing the (latest) clubs views on some of the major issues we all have -

Issue 1 - Lack of first team investment: On this topic I was assured that every penny coming in was indeed being (or will be) reinvested in the first team. We will apparently have Agogo signed by the end of the week and can expect another 1 or 2 'main' signings, augmented with some loan deals (though this will be dependant upon some players going out on loan first). There is recognition that we cannot compete financially with Hearts and they 'should be finishing at least 3rd with their level of wages', but apparently we should be a match for Dundee Utd and others - at which point I advised I didn't share this view (at present).

Issue 2 - Cillian Sheridan - Clubs position I am assured is that NO response was ever received from Sofia to Hibs offer and that after a while of status quo in this regard CC instructed the board to forget it and pursue Agogo. We can apparently also expect at least another 1 striker to come in.

Issue 3 - CC as a PR nightmare - This was acknowledged as was CC's inability to fill us with enthusiasm for the new season. In defence the club say they cannot control what he says? and the they 'have had similar issues with previous managers'! There is a recognition of the need to improve PR and we can expect more along the lines of the previous 'stand up and be counted' campaign.

Issue 4 - CC Hokey Cokey (going or staying) - The club were Very clear he is the man, he is staying etc. when pressed on why is it all dragging on and why is CC not making a clear and unambiguous statement - he (CC) says he 'has done' even though the rest of us may have a different view on that! When quizzed on CCs poor record (I reminded them of his 25% win rate - worst of last 6 managers) I was met with we can't keep getting rid of managers, need stability, he is the man etc. Though there was a clear recognition that another season like the last is NOT acceptable!

That's the main headlines summary of a long conversation. Not sure if it adds anything we don't already know but thought folks would appreciate it if I shared.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing your feedback from the club TBB

I'm as hacked off as anyone about us not having any shots on target against the soapdodgers on Sunday, but there were signs that there is now some sense of urgency about our play.,
    If we do get even a couple of signings in, one of who is going to be Agogo by the look of things, I'll be happy enough with that

Cheers
    GGTTH

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Along with the majority of supporters I have been very frustrated and dissapointed as events/results at ER for some time. I decided to put my thoughts on an email and send it off to the club. They responded quickly and I ended up speaking personally with one of the directors. I thought others would appreciate hearing the (latest) clubs views on some of the major issues we all have -

Issue 1 - Lack of first team investment: On this topic I was assured that every penny coming in was indeed being (or will be) reinvested in the first team. We will apparently have Agogo signed by the end of the week and can expect another 1 or 2 'main' signings, augmented with some loan deals (though this will be dependant upon some players going out on loan first). There is recognition that we cannot compete financially with Hearts and they 'should be finishing at least 3rd with their level of wages', but apparently we should be a match for Dundee Utd and others - at which point I advised I didn't share this view (at present).

Issue 2 - Cillian Sheridan - Clubs position I am assured is that NO response was ever received from Sofia to Hibs offer and that after a while of status quo in this regard CC instructed the board to forget it and pursue Agogo. We can apparently also expect at least another 1 striker to come in.

Issue 3 - CC as a PR nightmare - This was acknowledged as was CC's inability to fill us with enthusiasm for the new season. In defence the club say they cannot control what he says? and the they 'have had similar issues with previous managers'! There is a recognition of the need to improve PR and we can expect more along the lines of the previous 'stand up and be counted' campaign.

Issue 4 - CC Hokey Cokey (going or staying) - The club were Very clear he is the man, he is staying etc. when pressed on why is it all dragging on and why is CC not making a clear and unambiguous statement - he (CC) says he 'has done' even though the rest of us may have a different view on that! When quizzed on CCs poor record (I reminded them of his 25% win rate - worst of last 6 managers) I was met with we can't keep getting rid of managers, need stability, he is the man etc. Though there was a clear recognition that another season like the last is NOT acceptable!

That's the main headlines summary of a long conversation. Not sure if it adds anything we don't already know but thought folks would appreciate it if I shared.
    Thanks for that.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96

Sounds positive, was this via email btw?

I emailed my concerns/views to the club and was then invited to call one of the directors to discuss.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    I emailed my concerns/views to the club and was then invited to call one of the directors to discuss.
    Good of them to take the time out to speak to you Thanks for sharing..

Blobby once phoned me "to discuss" totally out of the blue after I'd had a mump. Total gent he was.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Are you going to tell us who?

Left by mutual consent!

Thanks for letting us know. Do you plan to maintain dialogue with the director, if things have not moved on over the next couple of weeks?

I sent an email last season after the Ayr debacle - fair play to Hibs, I got an email back from a Director (Hyland) thanking me for taking the time to put my thoughts / concerns to them and addressing each point I made.

Given the person in question specifically mentioned discussions 'ending up on supporters web sites' I don't think it would be appropriate to name him. I don't have any plans to maintain a dialogue, though he did recognise the need for the club to be accessible to supporters hence this is something the club is working on.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing.
    This is no more than expected to be honest.
    Surprised you posted it as its likely to be ripped to shreds in any case.
    Last edited by greenlex; 26-07-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Given the person in question specifically mentioned discussions 'ending up on supporters web sites' I don't think it would be appropriate to name him.
    But you thought you'd just post it anyway. Did you ask his permission to post it on here?

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    But you thought you'd just post it anyway. Did you ask his permission to post it on here?
    No direct quotes, named no-one, been selective with info shared - what's the problem? Won't bother sharing next time.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    No direct quotes, named no-one, been selective with info shared - what's the problem? Won't bother sharing next time.
    So what is this then "We will apparently have Agogo signed by the end of the week and can expect another 1 or 2 'main' signings, augmented with some loan deals (though this will be dependant upon some players going out on loan first)" Fife must have said that for you to indirectly quote it?
    Last edited by Removed; 26-07-2011 at 06:53 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Please do and dont worry about the third degree, just ignore it - and thanks for the info.

So what is this then "We will apparently have Agogo signed by the end of the week and can expect another 1 or 2 'main' signings, augmented with some loan deals (though this will be dependant upon some players going out on loan first)" Fife must have said that for you to indirectly quote it?
    Easy B the poster is simply sharing - no big deal
    This is how it feels

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Easy B the poster is simply sharing - no big deal
    So a director agreed with a supporter over the phone that CC is a pr nightmare. Don't buy that JC.

Thanks for sharing.

I take heart from what they are saying in private. I just don't understand why they can't say it to us all publicly.

Most of that would not be to the detriment of the club if public.

The cc situation must be even more frustrating to them than even us.

Though of course publicly there is no 'situation'!

So a director agreed with a supporter over the phone that CC is a pr nightmare. Don't buy that JC.
    Wasn't aware it was over the phone but in any event I'd guess the poster is paraphrasing
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

I take heart from what they are saying in private. I just don't understand why they can't say it to us all publicly.

None of that would be to the detriment of the club if public.

The cc situation must be even more frustrating to them than even us.

Though of course publicly there is no 'situation'!
    Folk would just turn it into a negative Smurf. They would want more detail and accuse the board of having no ambition as players should have been signed weeks ago before the start of the season as they have known for months the situation regarding players contract etc.blah blah blah.

I could give you the exact quote, but you'd obviously I did'nt so don't worry no more postings from me on this thread..bye

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I didn't take that from the post. Those were clearly (to me) the OP's words.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Cheers for sharing - glad to see the Board (finally) recognise there must be action on the team. CC's has an eye for a players so if it is Agogo + 2 + loanees that is very good news.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Glad to hear, Agogo + 1/2 other signings, as well as loan players sounds a lot more promising, at least it lets us see they are working on bringing in quite a few more players.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Cheers for sharing - glad to see the Board (finally) recognise there must be action on the team. CC's has an eye for a players so if it is Agogo + 2 + loanees that is very good news.
    Finally?????????

How many players have Hibs bought in the last 3 years?

How many this year, in fact?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Finally?????????

How many players have Hibs bought in the last 3 years?

How many this year, in fact?
    10 players signed this year, as against 22 departures.

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    10 players signed this year so far, as against 22 departures.
    Fixed that for you Beej.
    Quality over quantity hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Fixed that for you Beej.
    Quality over quantity hopefully.
    I believe I answered the specific question asked by Hibbyradge.

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    10 players signed this year, as against 22 departures.
    According to soccerbase?
    Past 12 months (ie start of 2010/2011 season)
    in: 8
    Out (transfer):11
    Out (loan):1
    Out (released):11

Are we talking about seasons, calendar years, or year to date

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team...Tabs=transfers

When compared to other seasons it's no extra-ordinary.
    Season 08/09 saw 18 players out and 3 in.