hibs.net Messageboard

Ritchie Towell (no news?)

Rumours had it that after Sundays game he’d be hightailing back along the M8 – even my Celtc ‘acquaintance’ thought so.

He never even made the bench on Sunday. Was he at Easter Road at all?

So where is he?

Someone must have heard something? Will it be him? Are we looking at someone else?

I added the ‘no news’ so folk didn’t get all excited.
    Space to let

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rumours had it that after Sundays game he’d be hightailing back along the M8 – even my Celtc ‘acquaintance’ thought so.

So where is he?

Someone must have heard something? Will it be him? Are we looking at someone else?

At one point the TV pictures cut to him sitting beside Scott Brown in the stand if that helps !!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

So where is he?

Someone said on another thread he was in the stand watching the game beside scott brown.

I actually thought he was a bit over rated when he was with us, i thought he was a decent enough prospect that may turn into a good player but we conceded loads of goals with him in the team so i don't see why we should be putting all our efforts in to get him back, personally i'd rather we got someone a bit more experienced with more of a presence and better defensively as Towells best attributes seem to be going forward and IMO thats not what we need right now.

That said he is better than whats there just now so i wouldn't be overly dissapointed if we were to sign him.

If Towell is to re-sign for us whether it be on loan for the season or on a permanent deal I doubt it would happen until the end of the window, right now he is a Celtic player and Lennon knows that he can provide adequate cover at RB for the SPL and until he is happy with his squad for the new season he won't be letting players go without a bit of thought.

Saying that it could happen tomorrow, at the end of last season CC seemed keen to get him back and Towell himself suggested he'd be happy to be here too, that fact that he is a good right back and can cover in midfield when needed makes him an ideal signing to me.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I would take Towell back but as previous poster said we did tend to leak a few goals last season, so if we could find a RB with a bit more experience and presence i would settle for that.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    I would take Towell back but as previous poster said we did tend to leak a few goals last season, so if we could find a RB with a bit more experience and presence i would settle for that.
    Prior to his signing almost every Hibby on this board would have said Michael Hart ticked every box as our new RB....

CC spotted Towell playing against us in a bounce game, he came and and did really well for us over a short period in a couple of different positions and rarely let us down.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post
    Prior to his signing almost every Hibby on this board would have said Michael Hart ticked every box as our new RB....

CC spotted Towell playing against us in a bounce game, he came and and did really well for us over a short period in a couple of different positions and rarely let us down.
    I'm not saying the leaking of goals was down to young Towell and was impressed with some of his play. I am hoping a fit O'Hanlon can bring a bit of experience to the back four and steady the ship. So Towell might just fit in there nicely.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Take him now please

If Towell is to re-sign for us whether it be on loan for the season or on a permanent deal I doubt it would happen until the end of the window, right now he is a Celtic player and Lennon knows that he can provide adequate cover at RB for the SPL and until he is happy with his squad for the new season he won't be letting players go without a bit of thought.
    I agree with this.

Celtic don't need to move Towell on at this point whereas we obviously need a RB. They will start by asking for a fee for him. So this one could go down to the wire.

why sign him before the end of the window

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    why sign him before the end of the window
    because signing him after the window closes isn't possible?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Franck is God;2870247]because signing him after the window closes isn't possible?[/QUOTE]

That's the Hibs' way.

permanent please decent player with good potential, lets no go training the lad up for a couple years and letting him go back to Celtc. At least let them nab him of us in a couple years like the rest

because signing him after the window closes isn't possible?

Unless you're spurs.

Prior to his signing almost every Hibby on this board would have said Michael Hart ticked every box as our new RB....CC spotted Towell playing against us in a bounce game, he came and and did really well for us over a short period in a couple of different positions and rarely let us down.
    Prior to the first time I saw him play I he could have ticked every box. Other than than that I agree!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Towell is a decent player but we need a right-back now and not when another team decides that we can have him.

Meant to post this last night but thought i saw him driving along queen street yesterday afternoon in a black car with a Hibs number plate on it.....couldve been mistaken but if it wasnt him then there's a bloody good lookalike driving around edinburgh.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee92 View Post
    permanent please decent player with good potential, lets no go training the lad up for a couple years and letting him go back to Celtc. At least let them nab him of us in a couple years like the rest
    Maybe that would be the less cruel thing to do. That way we wouldn't get out knickers in a twist when the old firm come a raiding.

J

Don't think we are doing loan deals - could be wrong tho

is nae news no gid news naw?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    Even get him back in on loan until the end of the season...

He came on as a sub in the 85 minute in friendly against Wolves tonigh. Celtic were beaten 2-0 at home. It looked like a second string Celtic team too. Looks like Towel is well down the pecking order.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn Sandwich View Post
    He came on as a sub in the 85 minute in friendly against Wolves tonigh. Celtic were beaten 2-0 at home. It looked like a second string Celtic team too. Looks like Towel is well down the pecking order.
    Said it before; the fact he's a midfielder and Celtic have Brown, Ledley, Commons, Kayal, Wanyama, Ki, McCourt, and possibly Maloney, and that they have Mark Wilson, Cha Du-Ri as their first choice RBs suggests he is, like you say, way down the pecking order.

Think he'll be back.

Not quoted in the line up or subs for the plastics defeat in Dublin today so looks like Lennon's not that interested.

The lads career will rot away if he stays in that cesspit. Can't understand why any young player would ever want any involvement with that manky mob?
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

First Team Breakthrough HibbyRod's Avatar
    Do we not have a "promising" right-back in our youth squads that could be tried in the first team?

I like Towell, but do we really not have an under 19 on our books that could be given a crack?

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyRod View Post
    Do we not have a "promising" right-back in our youth squads that could be tried in the first team?

I like Towell, but do we really not have an under 19 on our books that could be given a crack?
    Scott Taggart has played there a few times.

Probably not ready yet to be the regular RB.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Maybe said before but last season, Towell did a decent shift at RB but he is meant to be a MF? Palsson has had two solid outings at RB but he is meant to be a MF? Seems like if we get Towel then we will solve two problem areas at once?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitrim Hibee View Post
    Said it before; the fact he's a midfielder and Celtic have Brown, Ledley, Commons, Kayal, Wanyama, Ki, McCourt, and possibly Maloney, and that they have Mark Wilson, Cha Du-Ri as their first choice RBs suggests he is, like you say, way down the pecking order.

Think he'll be back.

I've heard a couple of rumours that we're speaking to Celtic - no more than rumours, mind.

I would make sense all round if he came back to us - he'd be off Celtic's books, he'd solve a problem for us, and he'd do himself no harm at all.