hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perspective

First Team Regular leithsansiro's Avatar

Perspective

Okay, let's make no bones about it, Hibs were poor for pretty much the whole game and were outplayed by a Celtic team who never needed to raise their game.

Let's move on and build from here. Don't get down on the team. I'm fed up of all the Calderwood/Petrie/any-given-Player bashing threads. Accept what we've got and realise that, like it or not, we're not going to be fighting for Europe or playing flair football. Hibs are in a transition phase (as we have been since Mowbray, admittedly) and we al know that, despite the summer clear out, that few of the players out there on Sunday are going to be here long term. Players like Booth and Hanlon are the future, but the need to be playing in a team that isn't getting barracked by all of the stadium for every poor touch.

Hibs might not set the heather on fire this year, but we'll come good. It's the Hibs way. Well, that and not being up to our necks in debt like all of those big clubs paying unsustainable wages.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by leithsansiro View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, let's make no bones about it, Hibs were poor for pretty much the whole game and were outplayed by a Celtic team who never needed to raise their game.

Let's move on and build from here. Don't get down on the team. I'm fed up of all the Calderwood/Petrie/any-given-Player bashing threads. Accept what we've got and realise that, like it or not, we're not going to be fighting for Europe or playing flair football. Hibs are in a transition phase (as we have been since Mowbray, admittedly) and we al know that, despite the summer clear out, that few of the players out there on Sunday are going to be here long term. Players like Booth and Hanlon are the future, but the need to be playing in a team that isn't getting barracked by all of the stadium for every poor touch.

Hibs might not set the heather on fire this year, but we'll come good. It's the Hibs way. Well, that and not being up to our necks in debt like all of those big clubs paying unsustainable wages.
    Hurrah!! Common sense / realism approach!

Cringed when we got booed off the pitch at half time on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post

But we didn't. Not near where I was anyway.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Agreed. I didn't hear any booing either
    This is how it feels

Alright, I'll re-phrase that. Cringed when sections of the crowd booed us off at half time (obviously not where you were sitting).

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    There's no way we should still be in this 'transition phase' though, that's the thing.

Had Calderwood had his full attention on strengthening the squad, I feel we would've been sitting a lot prettier than we are at this moment. As it stands though, he's had 1 foot out the door for the transfer window thus far, and has made 1 proper signing as a result of this. Not to mention he is still to appoint an AM. Calderwood had a clean slate to work with this summer, so there's no excuses for a poor season in my opinion. We have been pish for god knows how long. The fans have the right to feel more than a tad aggrieved as we're not getting what we're meant to be paying for - entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    There's no way we should still be in this 'transition phase' though, that's the thing.

Had Calderwood had his full attention on strengthening the squad, I feel we would've been sitting a lot prettier than we are at this moment. As it stands though, he's had 1 foot out the door for the transfer window thus far, and has made 1 proper signing as a result of this. Not to mention he is still to appoint an AM. Calderwood had a clean slate to work with this summer, so there's no excuses for a poor season in my opinion. We have been pish for god knows how long. The fans have the right to feel more than a tad aggrieved as we're not getting what we're meant to be paying for - entertainment.
    Fair enough but as a supporter I support my team when they play. As long as I get 100% effort (which I did on Sunday) I will encourage them on the pitch, regardless of ability. When a young player makes a stray pass I don't think it helps my team when he's given dogs abuse.

Any gripes I have with management / board are saved for another time.

Why don't more people 'support' their team on the pitch. Sure, bitch on here all week if they chose but for 90 mins 'support' their team.

Maybe I'm old school but I have seen far worse Hibs teams than this yet have never experienced the total lack of encouragement on the pitch.

As I stated in a post last week. If your not happy with the current team or the prices or the kick off times - just don't go..

Simple really..

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Hurrah!! Common sense / realism approach! Cringed when we got booed off the pitch at half time on Sunday
    i cringed when i read this post. Never heard booing in the east. In fact a lot of people stood and clapped a decent first half showing.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Alright, I'll re-phrase that. Cringed when sections of the crowd booed us off at half time (obviously not where you were sitting).
    No booing near me. Where were you sitting?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CENNYDD

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    i cringed when i read this post. Never heard booing in the east. In fact a lot of people stood and clapped a decent first half showing.
    Never heard any booing either. Admittedly I booed at full time but that was only because I was still booing the ref when he blew the full time whistle

That said I agree for the OP

In fact how can you tell if SECTIONS re boo-ing? Normally so much nonsense going on you cant hear anything

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Can promise mate, many in the West lower booed. Even watched it again on sky plus and you can here it very clearly.

So you can cringe all you want but it did happen.

Can promise mate, many in the West lower booed. Even watched it again on sky plus and you can here it very clearly.

So a minority then as the West Lower looked pretty deserted in places
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    In fact how can you tell if SECTIONS re boo-ing? Normally so much nonsense going on you cant hear anything
    Eh?

I heard parts of the stadium booing? Is that too difficult for you to understand?

What kind of nonsense to you participate in when the half time whistle blows anyway? Just curious?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Listen. For anyone who sky+ the match please watch and listen when the ref blows for half time??

I have a ticket in the west lower. There was no boo-ing near me only applause. Where were you in the west lower?

Listen. For anyone who sky+ the match please watch and listen when the ref blows for half time??

Am not disputing the booing SF but your original comment sort of implied it was widespread. Anyway, booing was bang out of order IMO as the players didn't deserve it
    This is how it feels

Booing from FF too. So that therefor officially confirms that sections (plural) were booing.

Jeezo.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Can promise mate, many in the West lower booed. Even watched it again on sky plus and you can here it very clearly. So you can cringe all you want but it did happen.
    But surely then you amend your posting to say the booing that you heard in the part of the ground that you were in? I accept your point but in no way was Sunday like anything we heard last year.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar

Just listened again ( Sky + ), could not hear booing, just cheering from the Celtic fans. I said yesterday you couldn't hear Hibs fans anyway.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Booing from FF too. So that therefor officially confirms that sections (plural) were booing.Jeezo.
    I was in the FF and never heard any booing and there was no nonsense where I sit.

Am not disputing the booing SF but your original comment sort of implied it was widespread. Anyway, booing was bang out of order IMO as the players didn't deserve it
    Exactly my original point JB, they don't deserve it.

Excuse me if i've got a bit defensive. Just scunnered with constant negativity.

:cgwa

Fair enough but as a supporter I support my team when they play. As long as I get 100% effort (which I did on Sunday) I will encourage them on the pitch, regardless of ability. When a young player makes a stray pass I don't think it helps my team when he's given dogs abuse.

Any gripes I have with management / board are saved for another time.

Why don't more people 'support' their team on the pitch. Sure, bitch on here all week if they chose but for 90 mins 'support' their team.

Maybe I'm old school but I have seen far worse Hibs teams than this yet have never experienced the total lack of encouragement on the pitch.

As I stated in a post last week. If your not happy with the current team or the prices or the kick off times - just don't go..

Simple really..
    And judging by the season ticket sales and the attendance on Sunday thats exactly what people are increasingly starting
    to do.

Maybe the guys that stay away are in some weird logic helping the club out as maybe once the board realize that
    people are not going to be taken for mugs they might act to do something about it. But its hard for people who have
    enjoyed going to matches for years to sit and watch what was offered up as entertainment on sunday and expect them
    to clap or sing a long, only the drunks would be able to do that and they are not supposed to be allowed in.

I don't actually think the current players are the worse players we have ever had but i would say they are the worse
    organized/motivated group of players we have had in the 30 years i have been following Hibs

Eh?

I heard parts of the stadium booing? Is that too difficult for you to understand?

What kind of nonsense to you participate in when the half time whistle blows anyway? Just curious?
    Just general chat about one mistake but effort. Where were you sitting. Just a section will narrow it down. As Jonnyboy pointed out from the east it wasnt too busy in the west lower.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CENNYDD
    Booing from FF too. So that therefor officially confirms that sections (plural) were booing.

Jeezo.
    Sorry SF I am in the FF and there was definitely no booing around me. I can remember thinking at the time that I was pleasantly surprised that I did not hear any.

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    I was in the FF and never heard any booing
    Probably too much nonsense going on?

Right then, maybe it was just one old guy sitting next to me. Who managed to create a large audible booing sound loud enough to make sky sports. In fact, maybe he picked up one of the furry mic's and booed into that?

I'm deaf in 1 ear, was not at the game as i was in Spain on my hols and i never heard any bo-ing, though i never watched the game coz i decided to lie at the pool instead. So there, confirmed there was no bo-ing.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    Just general chat about one mistake but effort. Where were you sitting. Just a section will narrow it down. As Jonnyboy pointed out from the east it wasnt too busy in the west lower.
    Section 6, 12 rows from front

Eh?

Just texted a mate who is also in the west lower. Different part. No boo-ing there either. To help you he sits in the North part near the FF No boo-ing. Take it you were in your own special place.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    I'm deaf in 1 ear, was not at the game as i was in Spain on my hols and i never heard any bo-ing, though i never watched the game coz i decided to lie at the pool instead. So there, confirmed there was no bo-ing.
    Fair enough, that's that then. Btw do you happen to know an evil yam called Comrie Stott?