hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

How was the pitch?

Wasnt there today so how was it?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Surprisingly good compared to last week. A bit patchy on the east sideline but overall the much maligned ground maintenance company probably deserve a bit of credit.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Looked fine to me. Must be a few worms as there was a pigeon not bothered about play raging right beside it. Brave or stupid.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surprisingly good compared to last week. A bit patchy on the east sideline but overall the much maligned ground maintenance company probably deserve a bit of credit.
    Thank you sir.

some barish areas near where we sit Lex, like the seed has not taken, not major just now, but will be a problem when wet and it gets churned up
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Just seen it on the tv. Looks fairly bare in some bits.

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    Looked fine to me. Must be a few worms as there was a pigeon not bothered about play raging right beside it. Brave or stupid.
    I saw that. He was quite happy sitting in the right back position when Palsson got dragged inside. Joe Ledley swung a foot at the pigeon, which was a bit oot of order I thought.

I saw that. He was quite happy sitting in the right back position when Palsson got dragged inside. Joe Ledley swung a foot at the pigeon, which was a bit oot of order I thought.
    Sproule nearly stood on pigeon as well....It would have been better sitting on Celtic goalline, no danger of it being hit there.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Sproule nearly stood on pigeon as well....It would have been bettere sitting on Celtic goalline, no danger of it being hit there.....
    If that wasn't true it would be funny

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Sproule nearly stood on pigeon as well....It would have been better sitting on Celtic goalline, no danger of it being hit there.....
    Or the Hibs goal-line, same argument applies!

If it was October or November and 12 games into the season, it was magic. If it was July and no games had been played on it, it was poor.

For a pitch that was only laid last season and has not been played on since May, it was a disgrace. The areas at the touchline in front of the east had been chewed up by the grass-cutters, also an area at the corner flag north/east was easily ripped up and left a divot about 18x18ins.

It very much looks like it was done on the cheap and will cost them dear in the long run. Also no sign of the interlace undersoil matting which should protect the grass.
    I would give it until November before it starts looking like a midden (depending on the weather, it could be earlier).

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    That pigeon was one of the few bright spots on an otherwise bleak day.............it was either blind or just plain stupid. When it eventually flew off in the direction of the tic end I actually started looking around to see what I could watch next.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Quote Originally Posted by Sudds_1 View Post
    That pigeon was one of the few bright spots on an otherwise bleak day.............it was either blind or just plain stupid. When it eventually flew off in the direction of the tic end I actually started looking around to see what I could watch next.
    I was expecting that lot to catch it and eat it.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Pitch looked a bit bare along the front of the east. Suprised that they watered it so much at half time. We should have kept the sprinklers on, knowing the hydrophobia of the weej from the west.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    The side in front of the West nearest the away fans was very bare.

Quote Originally Posted by big-mo View Post
    For a pitch that was only laid last season and has not been played on since May, it was a disgrace. The areas at the touchline in front of the east had been chewed up by the grass-cutters, also an area at the corner flag north/east was easily ripped up and left a divot about 18x18ins.

It very much looks like it was done on the cheap and will cost them dear in the long run. Also no sign of the interlace undersoil matting which should protect the grass.
    I would give it until November before it starts looking like a midden (depending on the weather, it could be earlier).
    The pitch, for whatever reason, was relayed at the end of last season. Out there on Sunday was a new vigin pitch! However it might not have been the first new pitch since May, or even last Sunday!!!
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Have to say there was a good support of seagulls at ER yesterday.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    It was better than some of the posts were making it out to be, but it could have improved over the week leading up to the game. Also we dont have another game until Sunderland so theres a couple of weeks to get it sorted

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SWYD1875
    They was saying on Sportssound about a few areas on the pitch where the seed hadn't worked but were confident that our groundsman would have it all sorted out soon, even labeling him as "one of the best groundsman in Britain".

Sadly that was the only positives we got on Sportssound, from then on they were up Celtic's a**e & Craig Brown was ripping into Stack for his mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    It was better than some of the posts were making it out to be, but it could have improved over the week leading up to the game. Also we dont have another game until Sunderland so theres a couple of weeks to get it sorted
    Trust me, it was a LOT worse at the barnsley cancellation. Someones been hard at work over the last 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Yep. Got through a lot of unseen work. Nice to see a bit of height in the team.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Trust me, it was a LOT worse at the barnsley cancellation. Someones been hard at work over the last 7 days.
    I believe you, I was merely making the point that improvement must have been made in the week leading up to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    also not very scared of human beings (not sure if that term applies to the occupiers of the south stand yesterday) as i'm up in the clouds in the east and they were flying over my head, watched one land perfectly on the electronic ad board in front of the east during the game.

quite nice of the gulls to let us invade their home one day a week, wonder if Petrie charges them rent

The east side of the pitch and the penalty areas are covered with tarpaulin at the moment to give the grass some heat. Its also been reseeded AGAIN.

Hopefully sort out the problems before next home game.