hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

CC - We are short of where we need to be for start of the season!!

In his Press Confrence that I just watched on STV, CC said something along the lines of being well short of where we need to be for start of the new season!!

There can only be 2 people to blame if that's the case; Calderwood and Petrie.

We've known our situation for months, we should have been trying to rectify this shambles on January 1st, the minute Bamba left.

We always knew 16 players were out of contract in the summer, leaving our squad threadbare in every position.

The fans have stood up and been counted for long enough now, it's time for the Management and Board to stand up and be counted.

The way Calderwood is talking, he's resigned to bottom 6 before the season starts.

If we're not ready for the new season, it's not the fans fault or the players, 100% the management and Board.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    How long have we been after a RB?..

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In his Press Confrence that I just watched on STV, CC said something along the lines of being well short of where we need to be for start of the new season!!

We've known our situation for months, we should have been trying to rectify this shambles on January 1st, the minute Bamba left.

We always knew 16 players were out of contract in the summer, leaving our squad threadbare in every position.

The fans have stood up and been counted for long enough now, it's time for the Management and Board to stand up and be counted.

The way Calderwood is talking, he's resigned to bottom 6 before the season starts.

If we're not ready for the new season, it's not the fans fault or the players, 100% the management and Board.
    Its funny when our manager says it, he's being honest. Yet when any fan points this out, we are told the window does not slam shut for another 6 weeks, why the panic?

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Its funny when our manager says it, he's being honest. Yet when any fan points this out, we are told the window does not slam shut for another 6 weeks, why the panic?

We are all making mountains out of molehills.

There is no need to panic.

Come what May, it will be Ok.

GTTGH

Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post

GTTGH
    Like the Turnbull's Tornadoes sign-off

Old Skool

TNBATLT Hibees

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post

GTTGH
    I dont know what to think now Duane, on the one hand i'm told the window closes in 6 weeks, but my manager thinks we are short of players FOR THE START OF THE SEASON, SHORT OF PLAYERS NOW.

Blog Entries

Angry

Calderwood is an idiot who doesn't have a clue. Source? The horse's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    We've never really replaced Willie Miller since he left to go to Dundee!

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Saw his interview on BBC and burst out laughing. Just when you think our PR can`t get any worse the manager comes out with this depressing stuff 2 days before the start of the season. You could not make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    Saw his interview on BBC and burst out laughing. Just when you think our PR can`t get any worse the manager comes out with this depressing stuff 2 days before the start of the season. You could not make it up.
    Jeez, is a manager not allowed to look at his bag of sweeties to consider his options anymore, before returning to his lollipop.........

Of course, it could be he's been fed up with Petrie only buying penny chews.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    and here was me feeling guilty as well for being a bed wetter.Maybe CC should put a plastic sheet on his bed tonight just in case

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Calderwood is an idiot who doesn't have a clue. Source? The horse's mouth.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post

fills me with confidence for the coming season

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Since Whittaker went to rangers mate, far too long. I cannae believe the squad we're starting a season with. I'm genuinely bricking myself for the game on Sunday, I just hope Celtic are not firing on all cylinders and we defend well or I fear a massacre :-(

How inexperienced is our back 4???

thats what worries me.

He is of course only saying exactly the same as Terry Butcher but not putting it as strongly.The season is starting too early-particularly in relation to other leagues and clubs are still trying to fill their squads.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    He is of course only saying exactly the same as Terry Butcher but not putting it as strongly.The season is starting too early-particularly in relation to other leagues and clubs are still trying to fill their squads.
    There's been plenty of time. We had one of the biggest rebuilding jobs of any team and it needed serious work but instead we've had the Calderwood will he, won't he, which bag of sweeties will he choose saga and now we're losing out on players tae teams we shouldnae be.

Left by mutual consent!

CC needs to be pulled up for undermining the club G
    This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    CC needs to be pulled up for undermining the club G

And why are'nt we ready Mr. Calderwood? You've only known this season starts tomorrow since you joined the club. Perhaps it's baecause you have'nt been arsed for the last month, just waiting to see how much you would get if you managed to pick up one of two apparent job offers elsewhere. But all of a sudden these look to have gone away (for now) and you actually have to get back to doing the job you are contracted to do after taking the last month off. 2 forwards to start the season with, an ineffectual midfield bolstered by er, nobody actually, a defence with no right back, massively inexperienced, although one centre half signed to replace all that left, a fluid goalkeeping situation 9 months after you joined the club, and we still don't know for sure the identity of our club captain from week to week. Yup ideal Mr. Calderwood, and of course none of this could have been forseen, could it? so it must be somebody elses fault. We may yet look back on last season overall as a success!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    There's been plenty of time. We had one of the biggest rebuilding jobs of any team and it needed serious work but instead we've had the Calderwood will he, won't he, which bag of sweeties will he choose saga and now we're losing out on players tae teams we shouldnae be.
    Indeed when are the people in charge at Hibs going to put the same amount of time, thought and effort into the playing side as they do to bricks and mortar? If the manager is perhaps suggesting we are short that might be the excuses in early.

From board to pitch a total joke and the lot of them should be sacked, Hibs should be almost ready but for the odd back up player. I really hoped after last season and the clear out a fresh emphasis might be had, its like an afterthought the team by the looks of it, clownshoes the lot of them.

Every manager is coming out with this at the moment. Celtic don't even have a first choice goalkeeper.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    This comment is just the icing on the cake on what has been a shambles of a pre-season.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    A win on sunday and it will be calderwood the messia
    Lets wait and see how things go first ,we might be surprised
    ggtth
    Last edited by erin go bragh; 22-07-2011 at 07:55 PM.

He is preaching to the converted if he is asking Hibs fans to be realistic with their expectations, I doubt if any other club has fans who have so few expectations for the coming season.

Well, yes. I think most fans would agree. Would we rather he say that we are ready, then have a thread on here saying his head is in the sand? The positive thing is that there is time, and if any glaring problems emerge at the start of the season, we can act on it immediately.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermac View Post
    He is preaching to the converted if he is asking Hibs fans to be realistic with their expectations, I doubt if any other club has fans who have so few expectations for the coming season.
    Aye it's a cracker, between them, him and Petrie have managed tae knock so much expectation out of some fans they're no even going tae bother turning up any more.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    And why are'nt we ready Mr. Calderwood? You've only known this season starts tomorrow since you joined the club. Perhaps it's baecause you have'nt been arsed for the last month, just waiting to see how much you would get if you managed to pick up one of two apparent job offers elsewhere. But all of a sudden these look to have gone away (for now) and you actually have to get back to doing the job you are contracted to do after taking the last month off. 2 forwards to start the season with, an ineffectual midfield bolstered by er, nobody actually, a defence with no right back, massively inexperienced, although one centre half signed to replace all that left, a fluid goalkeeping situation 9 months after you joined the club, and we still don't know for sure the identity of our club captain from week to week. Yup ideal Mr. Calderwood, and of course none of this could have been forseen, could it? so it must be somebody elses fault. We may yet look back on last season overall as a success!
    Pretty much sums it up for me. I hold CC responsible for the shambles that is Hibs right now. His head's been elsewhere since all this job speculation started and it's obviously been to the detriment of the Club. I just wish he'd walked weeks ago even if we are desperately in need of a period of stability. God knows why he felt the need to warn us not to expect too much - most of us aren't expecting ANYTHING at all.