hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tipped to go down!

Having a quick glance at the Daily Express, 3 of their 6 'experts' are tipping us for the drop!

One person's opinion but the summer shambles ain't went unnoticed! Let's hope they are wrong!

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having a quick glance at the Daily Express, 3 of their 6 'experts' are tipping us for the drop!

One person's opinion but the summer shambles ain't went unnoticed! Let's hope they are wrong!

Funny enough was just checking the odds - best price 18/1 and seriously considering it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vla_di_vla View Post
    Funny enough was just checking the odds - best price 18/1 and seriously considering it!
    If you're seriously considering a bet, I'd snap up that price as it might drop rapidly after the first few games.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Mid table finish IMO

If Thornhill gets injured and is out for a long-ish period or GOC also get's injured, then I can see us being in serious trouble.

We'll still leak goals and midfield appears worse, will GOC / Sodje get us enough goals....... There are holes in our side and I can understand why some would see us as real candidates to go down.

The 1st 3 games will see us with 1 point or less, so will we have the quality and underbelly to come back and go on to have a decent season. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post

Pants paper, pants predictions.

We'll be top 6 - at some point in the season.
    Last edited by Hamish; 22-07-2011 at 09:51 AM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    We wont go down. I don't expect us to have an enjoyable season but we're not the worst (and that's as good a compliment as I can muster).

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    Grant Stott in the Evening News is about the only paper that likes us...

It's absolute bull, we'll finish top 6 easily, I'm predicting 3rd...

:cgwa

Quote Originally Posted by 500 miles View Post
    Grant Stott in the Evening News is about the only paper that likes us...

It's absolute bull, we'll finish top 6 easily, I'm predicting 3rd...

:cgwa
    No optimism on here please.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Other than the managerial situation, what sets us apart from the pre-season the likes of St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Inverness Caley, Motherwell or St Johnstone?

None of these sides have made really fearsome signings and all of them have had very poor pre-season performances and results. Christ, even Hearts have looked woeful in pre-season - Livingston made them look positively ordinary, not to mention Cowdenbeath scalping both Hearts and St Mirren (comfortably).

Far too early to say one team looks more likely than the others, certainly based on the preseason.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

No confidence in Calderwood, or the Hibs board that they can rescue the dire situation we are heading for. Definite relegation candidates and as they say on Dragons Den..........I'm Out.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Other than the managerial situation, what sets us apart from the pre-season the likes of St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Inverness Caley, Motherwell or St Johnstone?

None of these sides have made really fearsome signings and all of them have had very poor pre-season performances and results. Christ, even Hearts have looked woeful in pre-season - Livingston made them look positively ordinary, not to mention Cowdenbeath scalping both Hearts and St Mirren (comfortably).

Far too early to say one team looks more likely than the others, certainly based on the preseason.
    I agree, I wouldn't judge how teams are going to do based on preseason friendlies. I would, though, judge us on the way we finished last season and what's been added to the side to make us better. We haven't addressed the RB problem, we're still not sure who our first choice keeper is, the midfield wasn't helping our powderpuff defence last season - we've not rectified that in any way, we're still short of strikers.

I don't think we'll go down. There are teams who are worse than us when you look at there squads.

@hibs.net private member
    If these guys tip Dunfermline to go down and it happens then nobody is going to give 2 shiny ******$, if they correctly tip one of the big fish to get relegated then they'll be living off a reputation as an 'expert' for years.

its a sign of where we are i suppose,but what a depressing thread just before a balls kicked

Left by mutual consent!
    It's nuts to make these types of prediction at this stage. As Butcher has stated, hardly any clubs have finished their squad building.

This thread will look a bit embarrassing by the time the window closes.

I`m not convinced that Hibs are moving in any direction at the moment and are stalling for another transitory season, hoping that some youngsters consolidate their position as first team regulars and that others are brought in to patch up weaknesses, there is a huge resposibility on the shoulders of O`Connor, Sproule while all heart and dash will be expected to perform with more consistency and it seems based on a few frendlies that Thornhill has been elevated to chief playmaker, O`Hanlon also has a huge part to play, i don`t think we`ll be relegated but will probably be in the mix.

Blog Entries
    If you consider our garbage performances at the end of last seaon, a debatable lack of improvement to the squad and the state of uncertainty about our management, I would say we are certainly among the front runners for delegation.

I think we will be bottom 4, but i would not be surprised if it is Dens Park, Almondvale and the likes next season.

Things might not be the best right now but stuff running up the white flag before a ball has been kicked in anger.

GGTTH

Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I don't give a ...... what these 'experts' think.

However, its hugely frustrating having to concede that their predictions are not without basis or foundation...

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Things might not be the best right now but stuff running up the white flag before a ball has been kicked in anger.

GGTTH

Agreed.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SWYD1875
    Always nice to see fellow Hibs supporters give up before the season has even started. For all we know Hibs could be the Killie of last season; finished near bottom the season before but finished a respectable top 6th finish the next season.

Now whilst I can understand the general "F*** the board" attitude (I feel the same way), don't lose hope in the team; F*** the Board, Back the Team!

STOP GIVING UP BEFORE THE FIRST GAMES HAVE BEEN PLAYED

The same Daily Express that tipped us to finish third three weeks ago.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE1875 View Post
    Always nice to see fellow Hibs supporters give up before the season has even started. For all we know Hibs could be the Killie of last season; finished near bottom the season before but finished a respectable top 6th finish the next season.

Now whilst I can understand the general "F*** the board" attitude (I feel the same way), don't lose hope in the team; F*** the Board, Back the Team!

STOP GIVING UP BEFORE THE FIRST GAMES HAVE BEEN PLAYED

Whilst I agree with the sentiments, Killie brought in Eremenko last season and that's what got them top 6. Undoubted class that easily controlled SPL games. O'Connor will score goals and Ivan will get us off our seats but we haven't brought in someone that will control the game from the middle of the park and make things happen effortlessly.

We haven't kicked a ball in our new league campaign yet and we are already talking about relegation. Jesus
    Firstly we need to sort out this Calderwood situation and Petrie will have to bite the bullet very shortly and accept the offer on the table or face sacking CC if he has a poor start to the season and getting nothing.
    I would have liked to have seen a right back signed and the defence would have looked much better than last season.
    It appears O'Connor has to work on his fitness and hopefully Sodje's injury is short term and we now sign Agogo shortly and that will be three forwards which might get us by until January.
    Unless of course with Sheridan now going to St Johnstone [and who can blame him] he has had trouble dealing with the club he is at and not receiving wages then he comes for a trial with us to observe the manager might be departing and if he signed might end up sitting in the stands.
    Petrie only has himself to blame for this laughable situation we are in at the moment and targets have looked closely at what is going on at ER.

But by expecting the worst, anything bad is expected, and anything good is a bonus.

I will never stop my support of the team, but can express concerns.

I don't think for a second that we'll go down. We will struggle to get into the top six and may be as bad (or worse) as last season but there will be someone worse, which isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of the Hibs squad.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SWYD1875
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Whilst I agree with the sentiments, Killie brought in Eremenko last season and that's what got them top 6. Undoubted class that easily controlled SPL games. O'Connor will score goals and Ivan will get us off our seats but we haven't brought in someone that will control the game from the middle of the park and make things happen effortlessly.
    We have until the start September, it's not like the transfer window is shutting in 9 days, cool your beans. For all we know Calderwood might find a right gem of a player that costs us peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    I think we will be bottom 4, but i would not be surprised if it is Dens Park, Almondvale and the likes next season.
    Only one of those sides can be promoted though?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Pants paper, pants predictions.

We'll be top 6 - at some point in the season.
    Correct......take a look for yourselves, we should enjoy this while it lasts!

http://www.scotprem.com/content/defa...ome_statistics