hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Why Have You Not renewed?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guaranteed a seat as a PATG customer

2 2.86%
  • Ticket/Match day costs

11 15.71%
  • Results/Performance over the last few seasons

13 18.57%
  • Lack of signings/Signing policy

7 10.00%
  • Managerial uncertainty

1 1.43%
  • Overpaid directors/Lack of ambition

8 11.43%
  • Being taken for granted by the club

6 8.57%
  • Sectarianism/abuse from opposition fans

1 1.43%
  • Bored with Scottish football

7 10.00%
  • Personal/non club issues

8 11.43%
  • Other

2 2.86%
  • Games moved for TV/Kick off times

4 5.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If You Haven't Renewed, What's The Single Biggest Reason?

Simple question, what's the biggest factor in you not renewing? I know it's been done to death on other threads so if you can't be bothered going over it again just tick a box and move on. I've had a look through the other threads and I think I've covered all the reasons given. If I've missed something obvious let me know and I'll add it in.

Obviously this is only for those who would usually have a season ticket but don't have one yet for this season

It's a private poll so no-one will see your vote.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Mikey,

This is something that Hibs as a club should be doing themselves.... Writing to every fan on the database who has not renewed, and finding out the reasoning for themselves............Marketing direct to the customer IMO
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mikey,

This is something that Hibs as a club should be doing themselves.... Writing to every fan on the database who has not renewed, and finding out the reasoning for themselves............Marketing direct to the customer IMO
    Should I add that as a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Tv coverage and the uncertainty of dates/kick off times should maybe have been included as a factor Mikey? That's the main reason why I'm now a pay as you go customer
    Added. Thanks.

Left by mutual consent!
    I can't pick just 1 reason, it's a combination of several to be honest..

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Added. Thanks.
    Mikey, could you add performance in with results, I don't think results alone covers the apathy.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    This poll doesn't apply to me as I have renewed however I reckon option 1 will be the clear winner.

The 11 month payment plan is fantastic though and hope the club keep this in place for many a season. Not a ball been kicked and by the end of the month I have almost paid for half my season ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    I can't pick just 1 reason, it's a combination of several to be honest..

Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    Mikey, could you add performance in with results, I don't think results alone covers the apathy.
    Done.

Simply no longer enjoy the day out.
    mates stopped and quality and ambition dont appear to be there.

Can't vote as i've renewed but i spoke to two Hibby's last night not renewing who don't post on message boards.

"I will go back when they make a serious attempt to put a half decent team on the park".

Now that POV is challenged on here all the time. Maybe with justification. Maybe not...

However, that is a widely shared opinion out there and it's one the club should be aware of.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post

170 views and 13 votes.

Does that mean that more people than we thought have renewed?

I'll be renewing tomorrow :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Mikey,

first time in over 20 years without a break that i'm not getting one, been hanging on all through break hoping hibs would do something to make me think again but nothing. Obviously 20 years is not long enough service as not even a phone call, email or letter asking why i had not renewed.

Many reasons i'm not getting one, been let down to many times Ayr in the cup was final straw for me, Costs are now coming in to it, KO times for LiveTV, last season we couldn't even match smaller teams like motherwell,ict and kilmarnock over a season.

In short the enjoyment factor of going to ER has gone from me but the strangest thing is i know i will be at all the away games as i enjoy the away games no matter how good/bad we are playing
    Last edited by Dalkeith; 21-07-2011 at 01:21 PM.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    I'm simply saving some money as I know for a fact I won't get to every game

Not sure where that fits into your poll though

First Team Breakthrough
    Kick off times and related fact stadium as a result guaranteed to have so many empty seats for the Rangers/Celtic/Hearts games - will renew if Board decide to increase the away fans allocation and make it possible these games will sell out and actually have some atmosphere.

A lot of the reasons in the poll are related to the above though.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Japhakayk
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalkeith View Post
    first time in over 20 years without a break that i'm not getting one, been hanging on all through break hoping hibs would do something to make me think again but nothing. Obviously 20 years is not long enough service as not even a phone call, email or letter asking why i had not renewed.

Many reasons i'm not getting one, been let down to many times Ayr in the cup was final straw for me, Costs are now coming in to it, KO times for LiveTV, last season we couldn't even match smaller teams like motherwell,ict and kilmarnock over a season.

In short the enjoyment factor of going to ER has gone from me but the strangest thing is i know i will be at all the away games as i enjoy the away games no matter how good/bad we are playing
    I agree with a lot of this and would also say that I will probably attend a lot more away games than home games this year. A lot of that is due to my dad/mates (and thus my old season ticket) sitting in the Upper West which I have grown to dislike immensely. The reason for them staying in there as opposed to the East? "You can get out quicker".

Says it all really.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Cannot face watching any more of the dire crap we have had to put up with for a few seasons now. Even though I could've sat in the nice shiny new stand again, it just wasnt enough for me.

lets add, losing out on decent players to teams like St.Johnsone by penny pinching

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    lets add, losing out on decent players to teams like St.Johnsone by penny pinching
    beat me to it, how bad are things at ER when a team like St Johnstone with a small support can capture a player even if its only 6 months loan deal ahead of us

Quote Originally Posted by Dalkeith View Post
    beat me to it, how bad are things at ER when a team like St Johnstone with a small support can capture a player even if its only 6 months loan deal ahead of us
    Hibs fans have been asking these questions for ages now but seem to be getting shot down as drama queens orhaving a go at the club, go figure...???

First Team Breakthrough
    8 yrs taking the boys on STs x 3 but now jumped from 450 to c £800 and with most of big matches switched to Sundays cant get to games...cant really justify £800 for maybe 10-12 games.

Secondly , freely admit that I'm a bit of an aficionado of an athletic passing game...........footballing interest has been waining ever since Collins left . The ST cash has really been against my better judgement past few yrs but felt needed to do my bit....can only stretch that feeling so far. I would pay £800 for hope , ambition and discipline {take a look at the TdF teams for brutal , eye-popping sporting commitment and competitiveness amongst cyclists and management.} but the current regime / philosophy does not persuade me at the moment. I understand that my cash will help buy a better player but discipline / philosophy / pursuit of excellence at board or pitch level is not cash dependent. The brand looks weak at the moment and when we're talking £800 in tight times I've got to use the word brand - Hibs are competing with a lot of other demands in my life.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    I'm simply saving some money as I know for a fact I won't get to every game Not sure where that fits into your poll though
    Other

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I have re-newed but in reality there is no rationale reason to justify why I have. I know deep down that there will be games this season that I will miss because of holiday's etc but I fear that this season there will times when a Saturday comes and I will wonder if it is worth the petrol. For the first time, I genuinely feel like an outsider looking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Hibs fans have been asking these questions for ages now but seem to be getting shot down as drama queens orhaving a go at the club, go figure...???
    Yeah I've just been shot down on another thread for daring to question the board??? I cannot believe that some Hibbies find it acceptable that after the horrendous season we just endured, 3 signings is acceptable???

I've had enough and won't be back till this board GTF's or decide to show some ambition to warrant asking us to fork out £28 to watch what for the last 18 months or so has been absolutely dire!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Not exactly ecstatic about a lot of factors, mainly the moving of games and we're ****, but I have gladly renewed. We've been in worse states before.

Like when ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Simple question, what's the biggest factor in you not renewing? I know it's been done to death on other threads so if you can't be bothered going over it again just tick a box and move on. I've had a look through the other threads and I think I've covered all the reasons given. If I've missed something obvious let me know and I'll add it in.

Obviously this is only for those who would usually have a season ticket but don't have one yet for this season

It's a private poll so no-one will see your vote.
    Are you working for the club or something?

Oh and mods and admins can see who's voted so it's not really private.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    Are you working for the club or something?

Oh and mods and admins can see who's voted so it's not really private.
    Pathetic.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.