hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

increase season ticket sales ?

Does anyone think signing Sheridan on a decent deal would increase season ticket sales enough to cover his costs ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone think signing Sheridan on a decent deal would increase season ticket sales enough to cover his costs ?
    Probably not, but I think he has a decent sell on value and we should take that into account (I'm sure Rod has)

No. Another excuse for not buying will be trotted out.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    No and if I hadn't renewed I suspect that signing him wouldn't make me change my mind.

7000 sold by the last week in June. Anyone know how many now?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    How many werev sold last year?

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    How do you know that?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7 View Post
    He has failed to agree a deal with Hibs so it seems pointless now.

Next A. Trialist please.

Somebody asked me recently to name one game at Easter Road last season that would have been 90 minutes to sell a potential season ticket purchaser to...

Must admit i struggled. The guy that asked me said "Scotland v Iceland under 21's...".

Says it all. Though that was a cracking game.

In the current economic environment people can easily justify not buying a season ticket. The club needed to give compelling reason to tempt many to do so and have thus far failed to do so.

If it is 7000 that they've sold then they are doing better than i would have predicted. Shows tremendous loyalty from them IMHO.

First Team Regular Northfield Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

Excuses!!!! So the club is doing its utmost off the park to entice fans to buy ST's then?

Not a Hope in Hell.

As much as Cillian has a cap he is an ex-Celtic reserve with potential nothing more.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    If only we could sign Bob Malcolm.......

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Somebody asked me recently to name one game at Easter Road last season that would have been 90 minutes to sell a potential season ticket purchaser to...

Must admit i struggled. The guy that asked me said "Scotland v Iceland under 21's...".

Says it all.
    Though that was a cracking game.

In the current economic environment people can easily justify not buying a season ticket. The club needed to give compelling reason to tempt many to do so and have thus far failed to do so.

If it is 7000 that they've sold then they are doing better than i would have predicted. Shows tremendous loyalty from them IMHO.
    And yet you have renewed and convinced others to do so.
    It is easy to list reasons why people shouldn't renew but thousands of us do take the plunge. Perhaps the club should extend the current initiative to recruit lapsed members even further.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post

Says it all. Though that was a cracking game.

Although it was pretty heartbreaking, I thought the 2-2 derby was a really good game

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    And yet you have renewed and convinced others to do so.
    It is easy to list reasons why people shouldn't renew but thousands of us do take the plunge. Perhaps the club should extend the current initiative to recruit lapsed members even further.
    Absolutely. As have another 7000 others are reporting. I love our club. Desparate to see it doing well. IMHO we underachieve and it frustrates the hell out of me to see us 10th in the SPL and embarassed by Ayr Utd. I wanted to see a club reaction to that this close season. Have we?

Good suggestion also on the lapsed members.

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    How do you know that?
    My dad asked a guy when he was down at ER during the last week in June and he said that 7K were sold. Also said we had sold over 9k previous year.

My dad asked a guy when he was down at ER during the last week in June and he said that 7K were sold. Also said we had sold over 9k previous year.
    How many are reduced price concessions I wonder?

Or if we'd made three headline signings in June do you think that might have bolstered ST sales?

Or do you think the current "vision" of having numerous trialists and opening the season with one recognised forward will have the lapsed buying into that vision?

You don't need to give an excuse as to why you won't buy a season ticket, although with the heavy fall in sales, it would suggest that many people do not consider the product on offer good enough, not exactly rocket science, is it?

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    It's funny how things work out. I would have reckoned that at the start of the summer, if presented with the theoretical option of getting Garry O'Connor or Cillian Sheridan, most folk would have gone for O'Connor as the signing to get more STs sold(though the idea of his signing may have seemed more unrealistic than possibly signing Sheridan). I would very much like to sign Sheridan but I feel his reported 14k a week wage has convinced many that he is a better player than he actually has shown so far. Does he look promising? Yes. Does he have potential? Yes, but worth remembering that Cillian Sheridan is 22 and has scored 16 goals in his career thus far (from 75 appearances). Not worth breaking the bank for IMO.

I honestly believed that if Sheridan was stated as a transfer target at the start of the summer there would be much more debate about whether we should be chasing him, and his perrformances at Celtic, Motherwell, St. Johnstone and CSKA, as well as his scoring records, would be placed under much greater scrutiny - the level ambition in this attempted transfer has stemmed from his earnings, not his ability, I believe.

Junior Agogo has scored 124 goals in 365 appearances in his career, including 12 in 27 at international level - I think he would be a cracking signing but some on here have dismissed him. All about perception I suppose.
    Last edited by Stevie Reid; 19-07-2011 at 01:47 PM.

I renewed my season ticket along with my dad but i fully understand why fans are fed up. I only renewed because i could afford it. Times are hard just now and Hibs or the rest of the SPL aren't offering a great product just now.

We seem to penny pinch at everything we do now, it's getting beyond a joke if you ask me. All this talk about at least we are in the black and we don't want to over spend etc.. know one is saying go mad we just want to compete at least for Europe and in this league that won't take much at all. That's why i think the board must spend more than they are. The whole purpose of Hibernian F.C is football!!! Not a business so give us something to watch and alot of fans will come back. We are going into this season very bare. I wouldn't put that down to CC maybe going or not. I put it down to our crap wages and tight fisted board who would rather we wait and pick up the scraps of what's left. Yes we got 3 players in whoopy dooo!! we needed more to cover injuries and suspensions. So before i get the usual (stop having a dig at the board) lets see where we are come Jan, if i'm wrong i'll come on here and fully say so but if we're in another dog fight will all those moaning at the ones like myself come on and start blaming the manager and board etc?? after backing them now? things need sorted now right through Hibs and if it's not we will be less than avarage for a few years maybe longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I renewed my season ticket along with my dad but i fully understand why fans are fed up. I only renewed because i could afford it. Times are hard just now and Hibs or the rest of the SPL aren't offering a great product just now.

We seem to penny pinch at everything we do now, it's getting beyond a joke if you ask me. All this talk about at least we are in the black and we don't want to over spend etc.. know one is saying go mad we just want to compete at least for Europe and in this league that won't take much at all. That's why i think the board must spend more than they are. The whole purpose of Hibernian F.C is football!!! Not a business so give us something to watch and alot of fans will come back. We are going into this season very bare. I wouldn't put that down to CC maybe going or not. I put it down to our crap wages and tight fisted board who would rather we wait and pick up the scraps of what's left. Yes we got 3 players in whoopy dooo!! we needed more to cover injuries and suspensions. So before i get the usual (stop having a dig at the board) lets see where we are come Jan, if i'm wrong i'll come on here and fully say so but if we're in another dog fight will all those moaning at the ones like myself come on and start blaming the manager and board etc?? after backing them now? things need sorted now right through Hibs and if it's not we will be less than avarage for a few years maybe longer.
    The last dog fight we were in was in 1998 (and even then we started fighting too late) - since then we've finished in the top 6 in eight of the twelve seasons (though to be fair 6th in 1999-2000 was the bottom half of the table, but it was consolidation). We looked destined for relegation in January, but by the end of February we were safe. No dogfight at all.

I have renewed, but I can completely understand why people are reluctant to after the football that has been on display for most of the last 3 seasons. But the histrionics on here about how bad things have been over the last few years is way over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    The last dog fight we were in was in 1998 (and even then we started fighting too late) - since then we've finished in the top 6 in eight of the twelve seasons (though to be fair 6th in 1999-2000 was the bottom half of the table, but it was consolidation). We looked destined for relegation in January, but by the end of February we were safe. No dogfight at all.

I have renewed, but I can completely understand why people are reluctant to after the football that has been on display for most of the last 3 seasons. But the histrionics on here about how bad things have been over the last few years is way over the top.
    Sorry i should have said a dog fight like last season. The fans are now just getting fed up of below avarage football.
    Last edited by Thecat23; 19-07-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Sorry i should have said a dog fight like last season. The fans are now just getting fed up of below avarage football.
    I can totally understand that, I am too. I just know that the only way that I can help it to improve is for me to keep paying for my STs - but I understand why people don't want to.

FWIW I wouldn't class last season as a dogfight. If we'd shown any kind of fight after March we may have taken more than 1 point out of our the last 18 available.

I can totally understand that, I am too. I just know that the only way that I can help it to improve is for me to keep paying for my STs - but I understand why people don't want to.

FWIW I wouldn't class last season as a dogfight. If we'd shown any kind of fight after March we may have taken more than 1 point out of our the last 18 available.
    Thats why i renewed as well in hope money will be spent on the team.

fair do's, i can see what you mean. I still think it was until late on. Then it looked like we couldn't care once we were safe which was a joke.

I've been watching Hibs since the early 60s and I can assure you I am not "just getting fed up of below average football". It's been a long-term condition withe occasional bright spot. I have renewed my ST again and can understand why people won't . What I can't understand is their constant need to tell everyone thney haven't and list the reasons why.

I renewed my two STs knowing that every penny I spent would be invested in the team. Have to say I'm surprised by the lack of real transfer activity to date based on the 1 point from 18 end to last season.

People need a reason to buy or renew an ST, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I've been watching Hibs since the early 60s and I can assure you I am not "just getting fed up of below average football". It's been a long-term condition withe occasional bright spot. I have renewed my ST again and can understand why people won't . What I can't understand is their constant need to tell everyone thney haven't and list the reasons why.
    Long term sufferer then

if i didn't renew i'd have came on and prob just said because i don't have faith in the board or manager. Everyone has there feelings and i can't blame them for shouting them on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    I renewed my two STs knowing that every penny I spent would be invested in the team. Have to say I'm surprised by the lack of real transfer activity to date based on the 1 point from 18 end to last season.

People need a reason to buy or renew an ST, IMHO.
    I can understand why many people are reluctant to go back and need an incentive.

I'm not especially concerned, I'm happy with who we have signed thus far, and I believe that we will sign more. I've never know Hibs not to sign enough players, it's a lack of quality in those who were signed that's hurt us in the past.

@hibs.net private member
    Bought the season ticket. Hotel booked for inverness away.£635 and not seen a ball kicked. Also petrol money spent on 40 mile round trip on Saturday. Why cos its Hibs. Time fans to put up or shut up