hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Why have you turned your back on your club?

It's looking like less than 10,000 Hibs supporters will bother to pitch up for the first game of the season, compared to 13,500 for the equivalent game against the huns last season.

If you are one of the lost 3,500 what is the single biggest reason that you turned your back on your club?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's looking like less than 10,000 Hibs supporters will bother to pitch up for the first game of the season, compared to 13,500 for the equivalent game against the huns last season.

If you are one of the lost 3,500 what is the single biggest reason that you turned your back on your club?
    Edit:

Actually, why do I need to explain myself to you, uberfan

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I'm in Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I'm in Egypt.
    I was there last week, where about?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    I'm in Nigeria.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Simply had enough!

Watching a heartless team, manager speculation, player sales and the bland negative approach to creating excitement about the club by our board!

Even in the worst days with Alex Miller, we had something to shout about and players who gave their all for the club.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Houchy View Post
    Edit:

I'm not an uberfan, I'm just interested in why people have given up supporting the team.
    Last edited by hibs0666; 18-07-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    I'm in Nigeria.
    What kind off poor excuse is that???

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96

I'll be one of the ten thousand anyway, and I am looking forward to it:cgwa

Gamer IDs

Edit:

He's not claiming to be an "uberfan" he's simply asking a question, as to why people have decided not to go. Which IMO is reasonable enough.

got to be the lack of ambition shown by the board in appointing managers and also investment in players.

combine with the complete lack of respect for your supporters over the years continually treating them like mugs.

Have renewed season ticket though, i support the team not the board..

I went week in week out for over 20 years, pick and choose games now, to be honest Soccer Saturday provides me with much more entertainment. I'm actually looking forward to The Hammers season more, new grounds, pubs etc to visit.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    less disposable income and a new mouth to feed shortly means i have to prioritise.
    I'll manage a few matches through the year, but not a season ticket.

"Turning your back on your club" is a bit OTT
    Last edited by jonty; 18-07-2011 at 10:51 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    got to be the lack of ambition shown by the board in appointing managers and also investment in players.

combine with the complete lack of respect for your supporters over the years continually treating them like mugs.

Have renewed season ticket though, i support the team not the board..

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar
    too expensive!

This is a topic that has been on my mind since the end of last season, I'm sorry but I'm sick of these glory hunting hibs fans (by glory I mean when we go on a good run or when we won the cis)... Now I'm not saying I'm the best hibs fan out there, I don't travel to all the away games like some people on this but I always renew no matter how we finish... Can't wait for the first game of the season, BRING IT ON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by R_albin View Post
    He's not claiming to be an "uberfan" he's simply asking a question, as to why people have decided not to go. Which IMO is reasonable enough.
    He never asked why people have decided not to go, rather "Why have people turned their backs on the club". Us fans that are out of the country don't have the option to go so we are not turning our backs on the club. I'd love to go but like so many posters so far, it just isn't possible.

With the kids still being on holidays, parents have other priorities ahead of football. It's a shame but it's true. If I was at home, I'll be honest and say that i'd probably rather take the kids out for the day. Scottish football has been dying a slow painful death for years.

I live abroad.

I have almost stopped caring though. The team is so devoid of any fight, passion or fire that it's hard to give a jot. Hopefully that changes with Ivan and O'Connor returning.

The match day experience isn't what it used to be either. Women pulling out hello magazine's in the row in front of you sums up the type of atmosphere we have at ER now and have had for a good few years.

The communication from the club is also poor. I don't expect knowledge of every little detail as I know it is harmful to the club, however they are far too quiet and when they do speak they should know that claiming people spout guff on messageboards isn't getting anybody back on side even if it's true.

A manager that clearly wants to be somewhere else. A team that gives it the "oh believe us, we're right up for this game" and then go out and show as much heart as a 10 year old lassie do not deserve any support.

To sum up, I live abroad just now and wouldn't change that. However, if I lived in Edinburgh I'd be hard pushed to choose to go to ER. It's an expensive day, a day at my grandparents has more fire than the atmosphere at ER (I'm not expecting a riot but I've seen 5 year old birthday parties with more atmosphere), and sitting in the freezing cold with a bovril, watching a heartless team get gubbed up and down the pitch, doesn't fill me with much excitement.

Edit : One last point to add, with the expense of the game and life in general, and given the size of the stadium means a ticket is guaranteed, it is an easy choice for people now to pick and choose games.
    Last edited by Hainan Hibs; 18-07-2011 at 10:50 AM.

I'm not an uberfan, I'm just interested in why people have given up supporting the team.
    Why didn't you say "given up supporting the team" then, rather than "turning your back on the club"?

Bit dramatic no?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    I live abroad.

I have almost stopped caring though. The team is so devoid of any fight, passion or fire that it's hard to give a jot. Hopefully that changes with Ivan and O'Connor returning.

The match day experience isn't what it used to be either. Women pulling out hello magazine's in the row in front of you sums up the type of atmosphere we have at ER now and have had for a good few years.

The communication from the club is also poor. I don't expect knowledge of every little detail as I know it is harmful to the club, however they are far too quiet and when they do speak they should know that claiming people spout guff on messageboards isn't getting anybody back on side even if it's true.

A manager that clearly wants to be somewhere else. A team that gives it the "oh believe us, we're right up for this game" and then go out and show as much heart as a 10 year old lassie do not deserve any support.

To sum up, I live abroad just now and wouldn't change that. However, if I lived in Edinburgh I'd be hard pushed to choose to go to ER. It's an expensive day, a day at my grandparents has more fire than the atmosphere at ER (I'm not expecting a riot but I've seen 5 year old birthday parties with more atmosphere), and sitting in the freezing cold with a bovril, watching a heartless team get gubbed up and down the pitch, doesn't fill me with much excitement.
    How I feel too!

Still buy the strips for my boys but maybe make half a dozen games a season now! Horrible atmosphere, spineless team and nothing from the board to make me believe this will change.

I don't think anybody ever turns their back on the club they support. All of us may at times be less willing to actually go along to games but that's a combination of things both football and family related.
    (I would much rather have been able to report I was in a far flung place in response to this. )
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Simply had enough!

Watching a heartless team, manager speculation, player sales and the bland negative approach to creating excitement about the club by our board!

Even in the worst days with Alex Miller, we had something to shout about and players who gave their all for the club.
    It was last season, hence the signings of sproule Goc and O'Hanlon.

Are you really disheartened by the players we've lost? its not like we are selling the golden genration all over again hibs have been getting rid of dead weight and i doubt that at the end of last season you were shouting for the likes of rankin and mcbride to be kept on.

In my eyes every player that could be accused of not caring about the club has already been booted and i cant wait to get back to Easter road for the new season.

I've just had a baby

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brebners Bookie View Post
    It was last season, hence the signings of sproule Goc and O'Hanlon.

Are you really disheartened by the players we've lost? its not like we are selling the golden genration all over again hibs have been getting rid of dead weight and i doubt that at the end of last season you were shouting for the likes of rankin and mcbride to be kept on.

In my eyes every player that could be accused of not caring about the club has already been booted and i cant wait to get back to Easter road for the new season.
    The accumulation of it over the last 6 years...

Gamer IDs

He never asked why people have decided not to go, rather "Why have people turned their backs on the club". Us fans that are out of the country don't have the option to go so we are not turning our backs on the club. I'd love to go but like so many posters so far, it just isn't possible.

With the kids still being on holidays, parents have other priorities ahead of football. It's a shame but it's true. If I was at home, I'll be honest and say that i'd probably rather take the kids out for the day. Scottish football has been dying a slow painful death for years.
    Maybe it was worded a bit strongly, but he is definately not claiming to be an uberfan. The other worry is not just people like you who have gotten bored of Scottish football, but also there is hardly any people I know that are interested in Scottish football(well around my school anyway), and I can see attendances declining in years to come as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    I've just had a baby
    Congratulation! Name, gender and weight? Hope all is well with mum and child.

andy

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Hibs dont win crowds drop. Hibs win crowds grow. Simples.

It would be 9,997 if it was on the Saturday as we would still be away. Will be disappointing and embaressing if we only get 10,000.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    The accumulation of it over the last 6 years...

Of what sorry?

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    I've just had a baby
    Bring him/her along... That's 2 added to the gate