hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol

how much do we pay in wages ???

i thought we were past paying under £2,000 for our good players.

I remember hearing that we were paying alan o'brien around £5,000 and riordan was on £3,000. so why are we having problems signing a good player. im not expecting the £14,000 he is on but at least £3,000 why are we offering £1,400 ?

extract from evening news.
    Continuing to discharge his Easter Road duties in the meantime, Calderwood has expressed his desire to tie up Sheridan but the wage offer from the Leith club is only a tenth of his £14,000-a-week salary with current club CSKA Sofia. Other English clubs Leeds United, Coventry City and Sheffield Wednesday that were to have attended the Easter Road fixture would be in a position to come closer to his Bulgarian terms.

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianf...out.6802872.jp

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by yekimevol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i thought we were past paying under £2,000 for our good players. I remember hearing that we were paying alan o'brien around £5,000 and riordan was on £3,000. so why are we having problems signing a good player. im not expecting the £14,000 he is on but at least £3,000 why are we offering £1,400 ?extract from evening news.Continuing to discharge his Easter Road duties in the meantime, Calderwood has expressed his desire to tie up Sheridan but the wage offer from the Leith club is only a tenth of his £14,000-a-week salary with current club CSKA Sofia. Other English clubs Leeds United, Coventry City and Sheffield Wednesday that were to have attended the Easter Road fixture would be in a position to come closer to his Bulgarian terms.http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianf...out.6802872.jp
    Looks like he's not going to come to us.

Thats annoying.
    Last edited by R'Albin; 17-07-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R_albin View Post
    Looks like he's not going to come to us.Thats annoying.
    Looks unlikely now. Gutted, would have been signing of the season for me, but this offer looks like they never really intended to sign him at all and were just giving him a platform to be seen by other clubs.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    That's if you believe everything you read in the paper.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

I remember hearing that we were paying alan o'brien around £5,000 and riordan was on £3,000. so why are we having problems signing a good player. im not expecting the £14,000 he is on but at least £3,000 why are we offering £1,400 ?

Continuing to discharge his Easter Road duties in the meantime, Calderwood has expressed his desire to tie up Sheridan but the wage offer from the Leith club is only a tenth of his £14,000-a-week salary with current club CSKA Sofia. Other English clubs Leeds United, Coventry City and Sheffield Wednesday that were to have attended the Easter Road fixture would be in a position to come closer to his Bulgarian terms.

We could afford to pay more then because we were doing better in cups and had bigger crowds, we can only spend what we can afford.

That said i'm always pretty sceptical about these stories, your only hearing part of whats on offer, i'm sure there'll be lots of other bonuses, incentives, add ons and signing on fees that'll take it to considerably more than £1400p/week.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Looks like he's not going to come to us.

Thats annoying.
    Dissapointed, but not unexpected if he chooses to go elsewhere for bigger bucks.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    We could afford to pay more then because we were doing better in cups and had bigger crowds, we can only spend what we can afford.

That said i'm always pretty sceptical about these stories, your only hearing part of whats on offer, i'm sure there'll be lots of other bonuses, incentives, add ons and signing on fees that'll take it to considerably more than £1400p/week.
    Never really thought of that, and apparently the fee is wrong according to another thread I just read on here.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

yeh i understand that but what ever happened to speculate to accumulate. we build a better squad to get back into the latter stages of the cups and back into the top 4 of the league.

and i know we have never been good at investing in the squad but after players like riordan stokes, miller, o'connor and ivan i thought were getting better.

how much do we pay in wages ???

68% of turnover, as of our last published accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyMiller View Post
    IMHO, shows what a hams fist we are making of it!

Gamer IDs

Okay this is a quick calculation from me could be wrong(probably will be wrong)

Last year we spent £4,828,000 on wages a year, meaning we spent about £82,346 on wages a week, I don't know how many players that includes so these figures would mean nothing really.

EDIT Anywhere where it might tell you how much of the percentage is on playing staff?

Edit2 Didnt even have to bother working that out
    Last edited by R'Albin; 17-07-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    I don't know what the basic pay is for the top earners but Hibs pay very decent win bonuses/ appearance fees, to the younger players in particular. I don't really want to mention figures but appearance fees almost double their pay packets and win bonuses are quite a healthy sum.

Having a guess here that the highest basic wouldn't be any more than 2K a week though?
    this is the case, however i don't think this is a bad way of doing contracts -a good deal for both club/player (if your playing and winning)

I certainly know certain old firm players who aren't on top wages there, but once they receive appearance, win, goal, champo league bonus then some of the wages are staggering.

Left by mutual consent!
    Any idea what % of that is on playing staff?

yeh i understand that but what ever happened to speculate to accumulate. we build a better squad to get back into the latter stages of the cups and back into the top 4 of the league.

and i know we have never been good at investing in the squad but after players like riordan stokes, miller, o'connor and ivan i thought were getting better.

Yeah, we've done it before. Almost bust us.

Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    I don't know what the basic pay is for the top earners but Hibs pay very decent win bonuses/ appearance fees, to the younger players in particular. I don't really want to mention figures but appearance fees almost double their pay packets and win bonuses are quite a healthy sum.

Having a guess here that the highest basic wouldn't be any more than 2K a week though?

So we still dont pay that much.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    If £1400 a week is what we've offered then that really is grim. Hopefully it's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by IFONLY View Post
    So we still dont pay that much.
    We pay what we can afford. CSKA pay him £10k a week (or £14k depending on the source) and have been reported to FIFA for not paying his transfer fee so it looks like they cant afford what they do pay.

I asked elsewhere but if they dont pay the transfer fee do Celtic get him back?

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    We pay what we can afford. CSKA pay him £10k a week (or £14k depending on the source) and have been reported to FIFA for not paying his transfer fee so it looks like they cant afford what they do pay.

I asked elsewhere but if they dont pay the transfer fee do Celtic get him back?

Sorry too upset you but I was trying a bit of humour i.e. win bonuses, dont cost much as we dont win that often lol

Sorry too upset you but I was trying a bit of humour i.e. win bonuses, dont cost much as we dont win that often lol

You didnt upset me in the slightest.

So is turnover coming DOWN or are wages going UP?

Apparently Sheridan wants £2k a week. I am shocked if we are not offering that.

Yeah agreed, I've seen us do this before, we brought in the likes of Keith Wright, Crunchie, O'Neill, Darren Jackson, De La Cruz & most recently Stokes.

But I have a feeling you mean the time we spent a fortune on first division & below class players under Duffy, which led to a squad of 50 plus players, all getting wages & some cost hefty transfer fees. Somehow the blame for which was put on the likes of McLeish, Latapy & Sauzee, instead of the purchase of a mountain of dross. That episode was not an example of speculation, but sheer stupidity, which we are still paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Apparently Sheridan wants £2k a week. I am shocked if we are not offering that.
    What does that mean? How do you know this, is it fact or just a figment of your imagination.

What does that mean? How do you know this, is it fact or just a figment of your imagination.
    It was either on here or in the paper that apparently he wants £2k but we are only offering £1.5k.

Gamer IDs

true my friend but surely we learned the lessons from that time and can more accurately guess were the line between bust and speculation is.

Which, presumably, includes our well-remunerated board and other, non-footballing, employees.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    It was either on here or in the paper that apparently he wants £2k but we are only offering £1.5k.
    Surely we could stump up an extra £500 a week? We really need to get a second striker in before the season starts.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Surely we could stump up an extra £500 a week? We really need to get a second striker in before the season starts.
    That is assuming any of this is true?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    That is assuming any of this is true?
    That's what I mean't, surely if this was true we would stump up the extra £500 P/W that is needed.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    This thread is full of speculation, nothing more.

There is nobody on this board knows anything about how much players earn or what is offered, neither do the papers.

I think Sheridan will end at ER but only on a year long loan deal with Sofia still paying some of his wages.