hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rangers this season

Anyone else getting slightly concerned with the progress being made at the now financially secure Rangers at Ibrox?

As much as I hate to say it, theyre beginning to look like they could really move another step above us after a spell of lesser quality.

Theyve re-contracted key players like Papac, McGregor, Whittaker, and others, and there is talk of Bougherra & Davis staying on.

And with the possible additions that have been highly rumoured of Wallace, Cuellar, & Goodwillie, they will be incredibly strong in all areas.

A team of:

McGregor

Whittaker_Cuellar_Bougherra_Wallace

Davis_McCulloch_Edu_Naismith

Jelavic_Goodwillie

It looks like possibl the strongest back 5 seen in the league for many a year, and theres gaurenteed goals in that partnership up front...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Cant see wallace or goodwillie going to ibrox, they couldnt score in any of the games in germany. Sproule will rip papac down the wing

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by West Upper Pie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else getting slightly concerned with the progress being made at the now financially secure Rangers at Ibrox?

As much as I hate to say it, theyre beginning to look like they could really move another step above us after a spell of lesser quality.

Theyve re-contracted key players like Papac, McGregor, Whittaker, and others, and there is talk of Bougherra & Davis staying on.

And with the possible additions that have been highly rumoured of Wallace, Cuellar, & Goodwillie, they will be incredibly strong in all areas.

A team of:

McGregor

Jelavic_Goodwillie

It looks like possibl the strongest back 5 seen in the league for many a year, and theres gaurenteed goals in that partnership up front...
    Nope.

They're supposed spell of lesser quality still saw them and the lesser greens miles ahead of the rest.

Why would their dealings matter to any Hibs fan?

Admittedly, that team does look very strong though.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    can honestly say that i'm not.

in fact, it pains me to say this but Hearts to win next week isn't looking that bad a bet.

Left by mutual consent!

A team of:

McGregor

Jelavic_Goodwillie

No because we wouldnae be anywhere near them regardless. I'm more concerned about the lack of depth and quality at Hibs than I am about anything the huns are doing.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96

A team of:

McGregor

Jelavic_Goodwillie

I'm not concerned, but that is a very good back 5.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramo View Post

in fact, it pains me to say this but Hearts to win next week isn't looking that bad a bet.
    Hearts are guff as well though - plus their marquee signing is crocked so, you know...

0-0 draw, anyone?

Rangers are waiting for Goodwillie,s court apperance for his rape charge to see what happens before the sign him,
    he want to go to the huns heard this from his mate.

Cuellar strolled through games the last time he played for them. One of the best defenders ive seen in The SPL, sad to say he would be a great signing for them.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar

A team of:

McGregor

Jelavic_Goodwillie

Not really interested in the huns to be fair, more concerned with what's going on at ER.

That team above looks decent agreed but they have been knocked back for bids for all 3 players. In fact I doubt if they even came close to agreeing a fee.

Outwith that team I would imagine there is very little strength in depth. If lennon doesn't win the league this season up against a rookie manager I can see him being emptied.

I don't see why we should concern ourselves with what Rangers and Celtic are doing in the transfer market. We haven't finished above either of them for 16 years and they have regularly finished about 30 points ahead of us in recent years.

Unless something drastic happens with the finances of Hibs, Rangers and Celtic will always be able to afford far better players than us and that will tell in the league standings nine times out of ten.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramo View Post

Behave yourself, the only team that had a worse pre season than the Huns is the mini huns!

I can see the yams getting a tanking

Quote Originally Posted by Tricla View Post
    Why would their dealings matter to any Hibs fan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    No because we wouldnae be anywhere near them regardless.
    I completely disagree with the above, last season, and in recent years the OF have been the worst they have in the decade IMO, and it would only take a team like oourselves, hearts or united to get organised, with a bit of ability, to really push them, as shown for a long time with hearts last season.

It matters to Hibs because if theyre getting stronger, we've got a harder job in splitting them or winning a cup, which although short term isnt a reality, has to be the goal in the medium term.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Outwith that team I would imagine there is very little strength in depth. If lennon doesn't win the league this season up against a rookie manager I can see him being emptied.
    Lennon is essentially a rookie manager himself, Id say he was under far more pressure last season, in which he failed as they have far more resources at their disposal than Rangers, but still couldnt manage...

Left by mutual consent!
    I completely disagree with the above, last season, and in recent years the OF have been the worst they have in the decade IMO, and it would only take a team like oourselves, hearts or united to get organised, with a bit of ability, to really push them, as shown for a long time with hearts last season.

It matters to Hibs because if theyre getting stronger, we've got a harder job in splitting them or winning a cup, which although short term isnt a reality, has to be the goal in the medium term.

They still finished 30+ points in front last season, however bad they were still naebody has gotten anywhere near them in the end (except once when a team spending millions they dinae have split them)

Keep dreaming though.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

Rangers This Season

Will be the same as Rangers last season and every other season before that if that SSN interview with Super A-hole outside the Linfield ground is anything to go by. Drowned out by the festivities. What a jolly old time they've had amongst themselves today.

Hearts had a very strong season last year up until about February/March time and yet they still finished 29 points behind Celtic and 30 points behind Rangers.

The year before, we had a brilliant season up until January and we ended up behind Dundee Utd, 27 points behind Celtic and 33 points behind Rangers.

Only once in recent years has a team managed to keep pace with the Old Firm over the entire season and for that to happen, Hearts were paying big bucks to the likes of Craig Gordon, Takis Fyssas, Roman Bednar and Rudi Skacel and the likes of Stephen Pressley, Andy Webster and Paul Hartley were all solid performers for them.

I would love for Hibs to be challenging the Old Firm for the top honours in Scottish football every year but until they lose about 30,000 supporters or we get a billionaire benefactor to pump some money into us to bankroll us to success then I don't think we should worry too much about who Rangers and Celtic are buying.

Sunderland rumoured to be after Jelavic.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    Behave yourself, the only team that had a worse pre season than the Huns is the mini huns!

I can see the yams getting a tanking
    We'll review this post next saturday at this time

Who cares about the stinky huns? Lets just get right into them and send them back to their slums with no points.

@hibs.net private member
    Unfortunately, Hearts will get a reasult against them next week. Also, Celtic will cruise the league. Nothing to worry about the Huns. They will be crap.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Why the f--- are anybody on here slightly or remotely concerned what any weegie outfit are up to.

The future's bright, the future's Green & White
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    The future's bright, the future's Green & White......hoops

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Who cares about the stinky huns? Lets just get right into them and send them back to their slums with no points.
    I kind of share the sentiment, but there's no denying that they've improved. As have Hearts for that matter, which makes me wonder where we're going this season because I do feel like we're going to fall further behind the 'top 3' which I believe is what they COULD be this season - a real top 3 who are fighting against each other rather than the traditional top 2.

Although in saying that I've been impressed with our own signings despite being against the re-signing of Sproule initially. Who knows!

First Team Breakthrough SmokieJoe's Avatar

A team of:

McGregor

Jelavic_Goodwillie

Errr... not me, i still compare the style of old walt, to be fair it might be in my eyes only and yes he shat on the national team when we least needed it, but the man still has a decent manner about him, v's the lightly sprung trap of McSwally, no wonder that sooooo many arf c targets have not signed for them, and might i add fair play to Whitaker, Fek them for a few bob, or fek off for a few bob? Deeks and Goc( to name but a few) did the same elsewhere. Whitaker, as i said to some hun twat in bluebells bar(the owner) in costa teguise in Lanzarote in feb this year, is one of their best players, and certainly their most versatile. if the likes of him and davis etc keep up their wage demands, and McSwally's lack of man management skills( with or without sectarian undertones). and his 'ahem' 4 year? apprenticeshipe under old uncle walt, has proved he will not, in my opinion retain the SPL title.
    Last edited by SmokieJoe; 16-07-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    We normally win 3-0 but now I reckon 3-1...

They haven't got these players and as we've seen they've been missing out on players to teams that they would've pissed over 10-15 years ago.

I doubt they'll get Cuellar or Wallace, Goodwillie might be a better fit but they won't pay the 2M.

Celtic are a lot stronger IMO.

First Team Breakthrough SmokieJoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wright Jnr View Post
    They haven't got these players and as we've seen they've been missing out on players to teams that they would've pissed over 10-15 years ago.

I doubt they'll get Cuellar or Wallace, Goodwillie might be a better fit but they won't pay the 2M.

Celtic are a lot stronger IMO.
    The latest is the have agreed tearms with Villa for the mobile 'phone chappy, Mcliesh has to earn his long service badge somehow?
    Agree with you there.
    Last edited by SmokieJoe; 17-07-2011 at 12:22 AM.

They got a bid accepted for Cueller today.

I'd be surprised if they match the wage he's on at Villa or if Cuellar would want to come back up. He used Rangers as a stepping stone to EPL so why would he want to step back. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up going somewhere like Swansea, QPR or another English loan.

I agree if they get him it'd be a good signing but surely they are pretty desperate in there as Weir has to be on his last legs despite putting in another decent season.

Testimonial Due
    I'm nit too concerned. The resigning of Whittaker, mcgregor and Davis is to protect their assets. Means they will get more for them when they sell them in the next year or so. For all the cash they are now supposed to have at their disposal they have missed out on numerous targets and have signed a 31yr old spanish nobody for £500k.

I for one don't think the money issues at the Huns is over.just think they have removed the ltsb restrictions.

Saying that they have a stronger team than us but so do Bonnyrigg rose!